Monday

rockerlad

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please PV pick Scholey over Whiteley, he offers far more off the bench. Have a feeling it'll be the other way round unfortunately :(

Looking at the squad both will be in with Ritson and Forrester missing out

with the pressure off donny they will be relaxed with a matter of pride at stake and hoping for an upset , they have improved a lot over the past few weeks and this game will be no gimme if town arent 100% focussed

agreed and given we are now just a side of locals +sammut/murphy and will be missing Matty stack callum horton fifita and Rooney (from the locals)then this is far from an easy game. We need another top show from sammut to guide us round the pitch. Win tommorow and that's us sorted. Rest of the games are just Completing the season IMO given our injuries.

Come on guys . No excuses here . Lost 25 from 26 , shot to bits with losing , bags of injuries , mentally gone . Even Thornton is downbeat in his interview .If we lose this then there are questions to answer .

Come on guys . No excuses here . Lost 25 from 26 , shot to bits with losing , bags of injuries , mentally gone . Even Thornton is downbeat in his interview .If we lose this then there are questions to answer .

no excuses david i expect us to win this one but it won't be a stroll in the park. A win tommorow ensures championship rugby next season and that's good consinsidering we were wondering where the next points were coming from a few months ago.

Looking for a good performance today against a team who are just playing for pride, a win makes us safe which will be a great achievement when you look where we were a couple of months ago. Finishing fourth would be great because we get more cash, but I couldn't give a **** about winning the losers trophy, it has to be the most meaningless trophy in the history of sport. The fact that a team who finish bottom at the end of the regular season can still pick up a trophy says it all.

Callum and Jarrad will be a massive miss today, but let's hope we get them back in 2 weeks time for the haven game, another 5 wins against them in a season would be unbelievable.

Does anyone know how matty is doing ? Is he out for the season ?

Looking for a good performance today against a team who are just playing for pride, a win makes us safe which will be a great achievement when you look where we were a couple of months ago. Finishing fourth would be great because we get more cash, but I couldn't give a **** about winning the losers trophy, it has to be the most meaningless trophy in the history of sport. The fact that a team who finish bottom at the end of the regular season can still pick up a trophy says it all.

Callum and Jarrad will be a massive miss today, but let's hope we get them back in 2 weeks time for the haven game, another 5 wins against them in a season would be unbelievable.

Does anyone know how matty is doing ? Is he out for the season ?

it said in the paper Matty would be back for pre season, i thought there was a chance we wouldn't see him again but I hope that's not the case.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Can't believe RLE is out today . Took it for granted it would be tomorrow with all the games today . Very bizarre ... For the sake of one day they can have their CCup coverage , added to all the other games ?

Whats up with kris coward,i believe jarrad(stack) has a shoulder injury,so i have been told but do not know about kris.kurt horton and latu fifita were both down today and watched a good game,1 sided a bit,but town played well with a lot of first team players missing.Sam forrester and aikhurst and the young hooker performed very well especially with some rough tackles to contend with,especially from that big goat,oh i mean groat, and the only one who at least had a go was the big yank,i would not mind him in our side.

It said in the RL paper this morning that Coward would be missing for "family reasons".

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Thats being a bit harsh geordie,we all know Kris is coming to the end of his career but he is still a prop that we need at this time.I and most fans know we are a bit light in the front row and at least big Kris adds a bit of bite when he wants to,but when family reasons pop up they always come first,hope all is well Kris and you come back soon.

Very funny tweet before yesterday's game from Latu saying ' today's MOM is Jarrad Sammut ... ' .

And Sammut replied at 2.52 , when I'm sure he was out doing the prematch warm up ?? What a multi skilled genius that man is

Gary Thornton said :

' it was a very disappointing result both in the number of points we conceded and the fact we didn't score a point. But without wishing to make excuses we were down to our last available 17 players - and not all of them were fit ... Mike Emmitt came up with us but had a cut foot and realised in the warm up he couldn't play , so we went with three subs . It's a real test of character but we have to stay positive and try to get something from the last three games '

I can understand what he is saying but,on the other side we were in the same boat.we were down to our limit and had to put 4 young kids in the side whereas donny at least had a team with more experience,and our pack was 4 or 5 experienced players short so i think mr thornton was doing a disservice to the town squad,i certainly would have liked groat and the big yank in the town pack,and i certainly liked the big centre playing at 3,so gary,you did not really have a bad side on display they were just beaten by a young workington town team.

I think what he means is, they've been dreadful all year, totally battered yesterday and if town were at full strength it would have been 80 or 90. Stack, Matty and Callum would have had a field day yesterday

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Archived