Simon Mannering (Warriors),

Ben Matulino (Warriors),

Manu Ma’u (Parramatta),

Sam McKendry (Penrith),

Tim Simona (Wests Tigers),

Martin Taupau (Wests Tigers),

Bodene Thompson (Warriors),

Dean Whare (Penrith).

Lolohea, Kata and Simona all played in this year's Pacific Test match. RL can't see past the end of it's nose. RU will have a huge WC because they take the international game seriously.

Don't be silly! Selecting players from other countries only matters when Australia does it.

Regarding eligibility NZ & Australia are immigration nations only 15% of NZ & 3% of Australians are of indigenous ancestry. meaning 85% of NZ and 97% of Australians originate from immigrant backgrounds. When also taking into account people travel more these days and live in other countries. Just about everyone can play anywhere these day so id like to see strict but fair rules put in place like can only pick one tier 1 nation you qualify for, but may be able to change to one tier 2 you qualify for but thats it. one change once for tier 2 nations if you want it but thats it end of youve made your choice then switched so thats it for you.

We need to get away from this idea of tier 1 and tier 2 nations. It is ridiculous. Select a country and stick with it; no swapping. It may cause some players to not initially select their heritage country but so be it. However, you can mitigate against this if these sides play regular, meaningful internationals and they are able to further down the line switch to a heritage team if they haven't previously played for another country.

We need to get away from this idea of tier 1 and tier 2 nations. It is ridiculous. Select a country and stick with it; no swapping. It may cause some players to not initially select their heritage country but so be it. However, you can mitigate against this if these sides play regular, meaningful internationals and they are able to further down the line switch to a heritage team if they haven't previously played for another country.

OK so no tier 1 or 2 and 1 country for life... id agree to that except needs to be a provision for the good of the game after a stand down period of at least 2 years where a player may represent another nation they qualify for but this only can only happen once in a players career that should be absolutely it in my opinion.

Back on subject wonder if kearney will pick benji marshall on form hes best half who is currently fit that weve got but other factors come into play... Also Tui Lolohea is not eligible as he played for Tonga this year according to RLIF rule 3.3 once played in a test have to wait two years or for the next world cup whichever is earlier... will NZRL ever learn to use google and do some due diligence before naming people in training squads?

Also Tui Lolohea is not eligible as he played for Tonga this year according to RLIF rule 3.3 once played in a test have to wait two years or for the next world cup whichever is earlier... will NZRL ever learn to use google and do some due diligence before naming people in training squads?

If the RLIF stick to this rule, which they should, I guess that rules out, Kata, Simona and Ma'u as well as they all played in the Pacific Test.

Every year we have the same conversation about eligibility. Surely the answer is simple, select the country that you are eligible for and want to play for at a young age, then stick with it.

It is then up to the RLIF, RFL, NRL and NZRL to ensure every country plays at least 5 meaningful Test matches each year. Not too hard surely?

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

Three more players have been added to the Kiwis’ train-on squad to prepare for the end-of-season tour to England.

Vodafone Warriors-bound hooker Issac Luke, centre Bryson Goodwin and wing Jason Nightingale join the 14 players initially named.

An omission from the train-on group is former Kiwi captain and halfback Benji Marshall, whose NRL season ended when he left the field with an ankle injury during St George Illawarra’s finals loss to the Bulldogs.

Regardless of his fitness, the Kiwi selectors will take the opportunity to develop depth in the halves, with a view to the future.

Train-on camps will begin next week in Auckland and Sydney, with the 23-strong touring side to be announced soon after the NRL grand final on October 4.

2015 TRAIN-ON SQUAD

Parramatta | Manu Ma’u

Penrith | Lewis Brown, Sam McKendry, Elijah Taylor, Dean Whare

Manly | Kieran Foran, Peta Hiku

South Sydney | Bryson Goodwin, Issac Luke

St George Illawarra | Jason Nightingale

Vodafone Warriors | Solomone Kata, Tuimoala Lolohea, Simon Mannering, Ben Matulino, Bodene Thompson

Wests Tigers | Manaia Cherrington, Tim Simona, Martin Taupau

Can any of our Aussie/kiwi friends please tell me why the broncos utility back Jordan kahu isn't being considered for selection for the touring kiwis? I've been reading threads on LU and he never gets a mention when people post their 23 man squads. I find it strange what with the kiwis losing Shaun Johnson and not picking benji Marshall which limits their(NZ) options in the halves, especially when I think he played a large part of his rugby at stand off with the broncos u20's side.

Can any of our Aussie/kiwi friends please tell me why the broncos utility back Jordan kahu isn't being considered for selection for the touring kiwis? I've been reading threads on LU and he never gets a mention when people post their 23 man squads. I find it strange what with the kiwis losing Shaun Johnson and not picking benji Marshall which limits their(NZ) options in the halves, especially when I think he played a large part of his rugby at stand off with the broncos u20's side.

I suspect Kahu will be in the squad once the Broncos season ends for the reason you outline.

Kearney is in a good position to know the strengths and weaknesses of Kahu being the assistant coach at Brisbane.

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

As Railway said - these squads are only named after the players finish their NRL club commitments.

2 more additions, Te Maire Martin from Wests and Kiwis U20s and Bulldog Curtis Rona.

http://www.nzrl.co.nz/

Newcomers Matt McIlwrick, Sio Siua Taukeiaho and Isaac Liu have been brought into the NZ Kiwis train-on squad for the October/November tour of England.

The Sydney Roosters trio are among nine players added to the extended group, after their teams were knocked out of the NRL playoffs last week.

Hooker McIlwrick is originally from the Halswell Hornets in Christchurch and transferred to Sydney from the Canberra Raiders this season. With first-string hooker Jake Friend initially sidelined, he began the season as the Roosters starter.

Second rower Taukeiaho played his junior football with Otara Scorpions and spent time with the NZ Warriors, before joining the Roosters and playing a prominent role, mainly off the interchange bench, as they took out the minor premiership.

Lock Liu also hails from Auckland, playing for the Otahuhu Leopards, and has three international caps for Toa Samoa to his credit.

Clubmates Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Shaun Kenny-Dowall and Sam Moa have also joined the squad, along with Melbourne Storm players Jesse Bromwich, Tohu Harris and Kevin Proctor.

This week’s additions bring the number of Kiwis candidates to 31, with several more involved in Sunday’s NRL Grand Final between Brisbane Broncos and North Queensland Cowboys.

Meanwhile, half Kieran Foran has withdrawn from the squad, opting for off-season rehabilitation of an elbow injury that has troubled him for much of the season.

The touring squad of 23 players will be named on Thursday, October 8.

Can;t wait to see the final touring squad! We've been starved of decent international Rugby in this country recently. B) 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Kiwi and Vodafone Warriors captain Simon Mannering has been ruled out of New Zealand’s coming tour to England on medical grounds.

The 29-year-old has had a series of tests since finishing his 11th NRL campaign last month.

“Simon has some gastric issues which have affected him during the season,” said Vodafone Warriors head doctor John Mayhew.

“While tests we’ve conducted haven’t revealed anything to cause alarm Simon still isn’t right and requires further assessment.”

weve got the strength and depth to cover injuires in forwards and outside backs with no difference to the quality of the side, its just the halfs were we are going to be weak... still the impression i get from forums, media & bookie odds is english think theyve got it in the bag... im confident kiwis can still take this series 2-1 

Archived