Union world cup

rockerlad

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i will be watching a few games.i just dont like the way its branded the "rugby world cup" as if only one code exists.

Belive it or not the RFL had the rights to the "Rugby world cup" and let it lapse.

Says it all really.

I will try and watch it but every time I've tried in the past I've lost interest with the amount of time the ball is out of play. But there is an interest with the ex league players I suppose.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

I don't really understand the point of this thread , but I'll just say that never has there been a sport with so much hype and talk and prematch expectation for so little actual end product ... Strip it all away and its 90% tripe on the pitch . And count how often you hear the word ' physicality ' . I'd rather watch Oldham v Keighley. That should be on telly , it's huge .

Disagree, much less kicking now and no holding the ball in the ruck has meant the ball is in play a lot more and makes for a more fluid exciting game. I'm with Rockerlad.

Interestingly there are 248,645 registered rugby league players in England compared to 1,990,988 registered rugby union players. A difference of 1,742,343.

Having said that there are thousands more kebab shops in England than there are Michelin star restaurants but I know where I would rather eat.

Interestingly there are 248,645 registered rugby league players in England compared to 1,990,988 registered rugby union players. A difference of 1,742,343.

Having said that there are thousands more kebab shops in England than there are Michelin star restaurants but I know where I would rather eat.

Do you seriously believe those figures for Union?  They claim 1990988 "registered players" split between 1809 clubs according to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rugby_union_playing_countries

So that gives an average of 1100 registered players per club.....I very much doubt those figures as being true.

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

Gee whizz I'm in good company here . Michelin Star restaurants ? Never been near one in me life.... That's where they arrange a tiny pile then pour drizzle on it and charge 100 quid ? My birthday on Monday and we are going to Caspian..and we've booked . So there

I'll watch some of it but I find my self frustrated at the stoppages, the endless re-set scrums and players who can't pass without stopping the supporting players momentum, and when they hoof it into the stands when they have an overlap. Being able to touch an attacking kick down behind the try line, kicking out on the full in your own 25 and the mark are absolute cop-outs IMO. You develop your rugby skills coping with those scenarios, not stifle them. But I'll still watch some and hope its a NZ v Fiji final

Archived