elliot miller?

troutmaster

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the worst kept secret in Cumbrian rugby is out and Miller has joined Whitehaven. He's been a good winger for us over the seasons when hes actually been fit. And certainly £10k is hard to turn down, the £4k part he's already had of it would be hard to hand back now, especially after Vegas!

Those of you thinking there might be a bit of loyalty on Elliot's part from when Town paid him a full wage when he was out injured(nearly a full season) have been let down I suppose. And every year there seemed to be a long dragged out affair with his contract, a cynic might think he was trying to squeeze a lot more cash out of the club than he deserved. Maybe those hard working directors had had enough. All the "will he wont he" when the dye had already been cast. That probably explains Mark Fryers tweet. Mark doesn't suffer fools gladly. I'd even heard a rumour he was keeping up the pretence of undecided and trying to pinch his shirt after the Dewsbury game, a telltale sign it was his last game!

Thankfully the club realise the money could be spent more wisely in other areas as wingers of Elliot's calibre are in abundance around the country. We've got Sam already here who could step right in with no problem.

Sam could also play Fullback and centre in which Elliot was average at best.

So onwards and upwards for Town, hopefully a well known Halfback will join.

All the best Elliot.

ye think towny,s spot on I don't think its a massive disaster we will have plenty of cover and filling other positions much more crucial, personally I think he,s making a big mistake a being a touch mercenary and going to haven too, hope it works out for him though as I think he may have s--t in his nest regarding any return to town.

your right pal we are sh17e but your superstars only won 1 more game than us

Donald - have you been eating those sour grapes again?

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

your right pal we are sh17e but your superstars only won 1 more game than us

we won 5 more head to heads than you. And we're safe weeks ago, not going into the last weekend. Give me our superstars over your gutless wonders all week long.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Well it had to happen sooner than later, after 5 years of telling us they are taking our players they finally get one. I will be gutted to see him in an haven shirt, and I'm a tad disappointed in his lack of loyalty after we looked after him so well. But hey ho money talks and we can't compete with a club that is awash with cash but morally bankrupt.

All the best Elliot.

Well it had to happen sooner than later, after 5 years of telling us they are taking our players they finally get one. I will be gutted to see him in an haven shirt, and I'm a tad disappointed in his lack of loyalty after we looked after him so well. But hey ho money talks and we can't compete with a club that is awash with cash but morally bankrupt.

All the best Elliot.

splashing silly money at one area will have repercussions in other areas of their team and let's face it they need an overhaul top to bottom.

splashing silly money at one area will have repercussions in other areas of their team and let's face it they need an overhaul top to bottom.

i think that's proven when there a signing a young unproven kid at hooker who couldn't get a game at town.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Archived