elliot miller?

troutmaster

With so may Widnes players being involved the Cumbrian lads will struggle to get game time down at the Mighty Haven... Elliot and Nathan might soon regret jumping ship

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its down to the old problem of playing time , squads with no reserve teams and over 25 to 30 players are real problem , young men that have grown up loving the game and playing the game week in week out for 25 matches plus a year cannot be expected to be happy with 10 games or so in 2 yrs , something has to improve on this front or it will eventually kill the local game ,brett carter has mentioned dr was not helpful to him in 2 recent articles in the paper so it is or was part of the problem or why should he mention it , i've a feeling after reading his comments in the paper if dr was to continue he too would have left .

(although i don't believe dr had anything to do with elliots decision )

With both our local clubs wanting squads of 25 - 30 players then surely the answer is for a combined reserve team playing in the Reserves Championship and sharing the costs 50 - 50.      Both clubs will be receiving central funding of around £325k in total which should be enough to cover transport costs and match fees at alternating venues between the two grounds.   

I can see that there could be difficulties in the sort of game plans for such a team with two clubs having different types but a basic plan to keep players happy and give them game time would satisfy the fringe players, wouldn't it?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

With both our local clubs wanting squads of 25 - 30 players then surely the answer is for a combined reserve team playing in the Reserves Championship and sharing the costs 50 - 50. Both clubs will be receiving central funding of around £325k in total which should be enough to cover transport costs and match fees at alternating venues between the two grounds.

I can see that there could be difficulties in the sort of game plans for such a team with two clubs having different types but a basic plan to keep players happy and give them game time would satisfy the fringe players, wouldn't it?

should have happened a couple of years back buy it's never too late as it us now for the young locals Ritson forrester luckock burns Holliday quinn etc there's always the Cumbria storm if they're not playing but a reserve team between both clubs would be a lot better would just take a simple meeting between both clubs

should have happened a couple of years back buy it's never too late as it us now for the young locals Ritson forrester luckock burns Holliday quinn etc there's always the Cumbria storm if they're not playing but a reserve team between both clubs would be a lot better would just take a simple meeting between both clubs

what is the storm format for next season Donald ? ive heard it is to be run by widnes so my fear would be any shortages on the storm squad will be plugged by widnes fringe players and not the cumbrian clubs ?

what is the storm format for next season Donald ? ive heard it is to be run by widnes so my fear would be any shortages on the storm squad will be plugged by widnes fringe players and not the cumbrian clubs ?

no idea about that pal as far as I know I that's declans job up here helping out with the storm and cherry picking the best young locals for Widnes

No chance donkey

Depends how good the replacement is. Town might not want him back. It's rare Over the last few years that Town have tried to sign Haven players whereas Haven have gone for virtually every player we have - they've even signed our 4th choice hooker (who has potential in my view) and think it's a major coup.

I've heard That the Storm have 11 players of their own so any match day squads will have to be boosted by Widnes players to make up a team. This will mean the Widnes players meeting up to train in the day of the game, so hardly ideal.

I've also heard there are hardly any Copeland based players in the 11 as the local amateur clubs have persuaded them not to sign.

That is just hearsay mind you, so maybe some truth in in or could be a load of rubbish

Because Mr Fryer et al refused to do it with Haven. Haven were willing to give it a go

Surprise, surprise - a Mighty Haven fan having a dig at Towns BOD.

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

never said about 8 players on DR it said 4 and maybe more to follow Gore Johnson and Joseph are out of contract could mean players like them

well you can scrap Joseph as he's gone to Salford

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

well you can scrap Joseph as he's gone to Salford

Surprised he chose Salford over the Mighty Haven.... :O

Archived