elliot miller?

troutmaster

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Social media can be both a good thing and a bad thing.

It's nice to see the club being a bit more pro-active on the social media side of things by announcing signings.

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

One little point to make (from afar)....

What do you guys want..last pre season it went something like..... "The silence from the club is deafening" " When are the club going to say something about signings" etc etc etc....

Well Mark went "open" on twitter to let everyone know that Miller was out the door and people are saying its not the way to do buisness.

My reading of the events was the club set a deadline..deadline passed..chairman (who is not daft) stuck by his guns, did'nt let a player (who had plenty of time to think this out) hold the club to ransome , then let the fans know via Twitter..simples. 

Cant have it all ways guys,you either want the news from the club (good or bad) or you dont.

Social media is now the new News and Star :-) 

Agreed, if a deadline was given but said player was still playing one team

off against the other to get more money, then our Chairman was perfectly 

within his rights to say enough is enough, especially as the same tactic

was tried last season. 

It's nice to see the club being a bit more pro-active on the social media side of things by announcing signings.

Once they are signed and 100% maybe they will.

Do you want the club announcing all their targets in the public eye, then if things didnt go right and the signatures are not secured then they would be crucified.(aka Man United and all the high profile players they dont sign after being linked to)

As with the Miller situation there is a right time for Twitter announcements and as the deadline had passed Mark thought that time was right.

The club did'nt Twitter how negotiations were going with Miller the same as they wont Twitter how negotiations are going with potential signings.

Mark left it until it was sorted.(deadline date gone)

I guess once a player has signed a contract Twitter will (may) tell you.

people to today expect news yesterday , facebook , twitter etc have a lot to answer for , clubs are right to release nothing on social media until pen has touched paper , its the job of the BOD and Head Coach to handle signings and terms and conditions and all the nitty gritty and this stuff should be personal between player and club . supporter should be patient and wait for news when everything is finalised .

Everyone wanted the wigan boys in all season .... Tierney .. Et all... This kinda thing is going to happen more and more due to DR I'm pleased it's done with

Re jarrod Sammut I'm 99% certain he won't be signing... We need to move on

the Miller situation has got nothing to do with dual reg.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Doesn't have to involve him directly does it - more than a Sunday involved in playing rugby

Are you saying because other players were left out to make way for DR Elliot has moved on?

Always have been always will be the pride of West Cumbria!

Are you saying because other players were left out to make way for DR Elliot has moved on?

yet the player who was left out of the side has signed a new 2 year deal? Hmmmm

Looks like tierney is not in Wanes plans at the moment would love for us to either get him signed, or on loan for next season,be the perfect replacement for Elliot,

already in talks with Elliot's replacement and it isn't Lewis.

the Miller situation has got nothing to do with dual reg.

If it has then what the hell is he doing thinking of signing for Haven who have just announced that they are hoping for about 8 players to be DR from Widnes?       Doesn't make any sense that!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

If it has then what the hell is he doing thinking of signing for Haven who have just announced that they are hoping for about 8 players to be DR from Widnes? Doesn't make any sense that!!!

town123 never makes a lot of sense mate, surely you've noticed by now.

If it has then what the hell is he doing thinking of signing for Haven who have just announced that they are hoping for about 8 players to be DR from Widnes? Doesn't make any sense that!!!

8 players! Wow. Is the allowance of 5 being increased?

I've noticed one thing, players who have been at both clubs do seem to prefer the town environment. Dec played for both and had the choice of both but signed for town. Shacks and Matty have had numerous opportunities to return to haven but prefer it at town. Ask big ginge which club treats a player best. I think ell has made a huge mistake, don't be surprised if he's back in a year or 2

never said about 8 players on DR it said 4 and maybe more to follow Gore Johnson and Joseph are out of contract could mean players like them

i think gore turned haven down mate, Joseph would be a top signing for anyone

Archived