elliot miller?

troutmaster

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many tries did you top scorer get this year Craig scored 13 and missed a big chunk still a quality finisher

his a*** falls out everytime he plays opposite Brett Carter. He isn't in the same league as Brett or Elliot. He's poor, but at least he can take stick without spitting his dummy out. Not sure how many tries Carter got but I bet he played far less games and won't be far behind 13.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

I get the feeling that if Elliot had taken a few deep breaths and eaten just a little bit of humble pie we wouldn't have this thread.    I can understand the club having deadlines for players to let them know their intentions so that the coach knows what he is doing when approaching possible new players.     After doing the same last year Elliot should have been one of the first to speak to the club not the last.   PV is off to Australia for a month in October so he and the club needed to be able to get things sorted and know who was on board or not.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

I have yet to post on the ell miller topic, so here it goes.

Firstly id like to thank ell for all he has done in a town shirt. Been at the club in some pretty dark times. I wish him all the best in the future. Like others, i cannot help but wonder if you are unhappy at town, why on earth would you go to whitehaven. A club that has history in treating local lads poorly. It can only be that the lad wishes to play fullback. A position that he will walk into at haven without the competition we have at town for that jersey in murphy, forrester and carter.

Onto a replacement? I think PV will have his work cut out to find someone of elliots talents as a winger to come in. For me, he was one of the best wingers outside of SL. In the way he can finish, kick return and read the game.

I get the feeling that if Elliot had taken a few deep breaths and eaten just a little bit of humble pie we wouldn't have this thread. I can understand the club having deadlines for players to let them know their intentions so that the coach knows what he is doing when approaching possible new players. After doing the same last year Elliot should have been one of the first to speak to the club not the last. PV is off to Australia for a month in October so he and the club needed to be able to get things sorted and know who was on board or not.

looking at his tweet today would it have made any difference if town had spoken to him earlier IMO I don't think it would. Is phil's visit to Oz for personal or recruiting reasons or both maybe.

I have yet to post on the ell miller topic, so here it goes.

Firstly id like to thank ell for all he has done in a town shirt. Been at the club in some pretty dark times. I wish him all the best in the future. Like others, i cannot help but wonder if you are unhappy at town, why on earth would you go to whitehaven. A club that has history in treating local lads poorly. It can only be that the lad wishes to play fullback. A position that he will walk into at haven without the competition we have at town for that jersey in murphy, forrester and carter.

Onto a replacement? I think PV will have his work cut out to find someone of elliots talents as a winger to come in. For me, he was one of the best wingers outside of SL. In the way he can finish, kick return and read the game.

I.M.O the part of his tweet saying he wasn't enjoying his rugby fuels the fullback rumour.

PV is going to visit family and friends

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

I.M.O the part of his tweet saying he wasn't enjoying his rugby fuels the fullback rumour.

He was certainly enjoying it when we played Haven or was his joy at scoring and going face to face with Hepi just play acting!!!!

I think with Burns fit Calvert won't be the best winger even at haven

as much as i like young burns he is still learning the game at 20 and isnt in calverts class quite yet but he will be no doubt better when has a season or 2 behind him , he will be 3rd behind calvert and miller if he is fit for next season 

He was certainly enjoying it when we played Haven or was his joy at scoring and going face to face with Hepi just play acting!!!!

yeah keith that what I thought too. Stood watching in the Kells end for the Derby in July he certainly seemed to be enjoying himself scoring and celebrating with the others and he seemed happy scoring his tries in the 60-20 thrashing of haven.

yeah keith that what I thought too. Stood watching in the Kells end for the Derby in July he certainly seemed to be enjoying himself scoring and celebrating with the others and he seemed happy scoring his tries in the 60-20 thrashing of haven.

It's all smoke and mirrors to me. Look behind and you'll find a £10k pot of gold.

The lads made his mind up, he's just bought a new house so the signing on wedge will do him nicely. I hope his injuries are in the past and he goes back to 'enjoying' his rugby again. Good luck and thanks Elliott.

But on the other hand he is the enemy now, so all that sentiment is worthless as is his loyalty. I hope the #### sucking pig of a fatherless goat rots in hell and he was never good enough to wear the famous blue & white anyway. He was nobody until we took him into our hearts and looked after him and sung his song when he was injured ( I freaking hate that heartbeat song anyway!) And how does he pay us back? By doing the ultimate betrayal after all the loyalty we have shown him. Well he can eff off back to Millom and Morris dance or whatever they do in Millom. He is now dead to us!!!

Joking....it's just for H4E to report back to deluded.com.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Oh dear, naughty PV.... stealing the limelight from Haven by announcing Elliot will be signing for them.... :tongue:

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/town/veivers-no-hard-feelings-as-former-workington-town-players-join-whitehaven-1.1228317

BKM will be fuming!!!! :tongue:

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

One little point to make (from afar)....

What do you guys want..last pre season it went something like..... "The silence from the club is deafening" " When are the club going to say something about signings" etc etc etc....

Well Mark went "open" on twitter to let everyone know that Miller was out the door and people are saying its not the way to do buisness.

My reading of the events was the club set a deadline..deadline passed..chairman (who is not daft) stuck by his guns, did'nt let a player (who had plenty of time to think this out) hold the club to ransome , then let the fans know via Twitter..simples. 

Cant have it all ways guys,you either want the news from the club (good or bad) or you dont.

Social media is now the new News and Star :-) 

Archived