New signing

Keep The Faith

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lots of forwards and a chronic shortage of three quarters again.

Recruitment starting to follow a very familiar pattern.

Have to agree, BTJ.  Not sure we really need any more forwards, particularly ones that are likely to be squad players at best.  If we picked up another 2/3 back liners we would be in very decent shape for a successful 2016.

Not overly concerned. The youngster will train with us and maybe get a friendly game. He will have to be pretty special to forge a spot before our existing bruisers!

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Andy Jarrett still doing his stuff at drig the last i was up now he was a prop to forget

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

At the risk of drawing further flak from the chairman and with the greatest of respect to Jason, who were he to turn out halfway like his dad he'll be right, this has all the hallmarks of a Jay Leary/Brad Day, a player who'll be lucky to get a game ahead of what we have. Again, everyone can see where we're light, and like everyone am looking for signings elsewhere. Best of luck to young Harrison.

At the risk of drawing further flak from the chairman and with the greatest of respect to Jason, who were he to turn out halfway like his dad he'll be right, this has all the hallmarks of a Jay Leary/Brad Day, a player who'll be lucky to get a game ahead of what we have. Again, everyone can see where we're light, and like everyone am looking for signings elsewhere. Best of luck to young Harrison.

Brad Day????...... have you had a bump on the head?

Forced his way into the team after impressing in pre-season. Made 18 appearances and scored 5 tries. Was in the top three in the players player of the year.

This board goes from bad to worse.

Although in an ideal world we would have a reserve team in which to develop players, taking on a couple of unproven youngsters isn't a bad thing. Whether they're up to job or not will quickly become evident to an experienced coach like Kear when they get a chance during the lower risk games. If they do show promise, then that's a bonus. If not, let them move on.

The truth is that neither Jay Leary nor Brad Hey proved up to the task at this level. However, they were worth giving a year (or two) to just in case. On the other hand, the equally unheralded Brad DAY forced his way into the first team last season and made himself undroppable. Swings and roundabouts.

r02c.gif

Putting facts aside we owe iro and rhino's (more so paul) nephew/son a stage to do his stuff and develop his game.

He may not be ready or perhaps be the next walmsley

Hands up, I misread the text and yes I meant Hey. Rest of msg still stands up though. Wish him all the best with us however, JK will have another work in progress.

Hands up, I misread the text and yes I meant Hey. Rest of msg still stands up though. Wish him all the best with us however, JK will have another work in progress.

Although in an ideal world we would have a reserve team in which to develop players, taking on a couple of unproven youngsters isn't a bad thing. Whether they're up to job or not will quickly become evident to an experienced coach like Kear when they get a chance during the lower risk games. If they do show promise, then that's a bonus. If not, let them move on.

The truth is that neither Jay Leary nor Brad Hey proved up to the task at this level. However, they were worth giving a year (or two) to just in case. On the other hand, the equally unheralded Brad DAY forced his way into the first team last season and made himself undroppable. Swings and roundabouts.

Given the past season's performance what do you regard as the "lower risk" games?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Given the past season's performance what do you regard as the "lower risk" games?

Early Challenge Cup games? To be fair, Brad Hey played in a few league games against decent opposition and looked completely out of his depth - as did Jay Leary before him.
r02c.gif

Owe is possibly a strong word.

How about afford the lad an opportunity.

Lets face it hes not gonna get anywhere near our starting 17 and hes not cost a dime

Owe is possibly a strong word.

How about afford the lad an opportunity.

Lets face it hes not gonna get anywhere near our starting 17 and hes not cost a dime

So why bring him in at all, unless were developing hm for another club which has seemed the norm over the last few years

If we only entertained journeymen and those whom fancy one last season before pipe and slippers then what.

Seems im only the one whos open minded to the whipper snapper.

Lets face it how many players have come through our books that fall fowl of promised super league first team rugby after scholarships.

Archived