Todays big match.

Live in Edinburgh, dragged along by widnes mate. Great setup, may try it again!

Id watch a club that doesnt shaft its fans though unlike Widnes who have sent an Academy team without telling people until yesterday.

Live in Edinburgh, dragged along by widnes mate. Great setup, may try it again!

Id watch a club that doesnt shaft its fans though unlike Widnes who have sent an Academy team without telling people until yesterday.

Dunno about "shafting fans" .... I doubt anyone thought we'd send a strong team up there, we didn't even do that for you guys...and that's not meaning to be disrespectful to Gateshead but these friendlies are great for blooding our promising teenagers that are coming through....since it doesnt seem like we're signing anyone lse this year, we may be relying on them a fair bit more this year!

Dunno about "shafting fans" .... I doubt anyone thought we'd send a strong team up there, we didn't even do that for you guys...and that's not meaning to be disrespectful to Gateshead but these friendlies are great for blooding our promising teenagers that are coming through....since it doesnt seem like we're signing anyone lse this year, we may be relying on them a fair bit more this year!

the most blatant false advertising i have seen. This wasnt billed as an academy match, it was a tenner admission, yet Widnes even wore the Academy shirt.

It was not a first team friendly. Plenty who made the effort, from both sides were peed off.

Widnes are making mugs of their fans, but hey the club is getting what they deserve.

No Dennis Betts, literally no first teamers, false advertising.

Didn't realise we went out in the academy kit and had no first teamers tbf...That is weird and i agree that's not how it was being built up on the Widnes website over the last couple of weeks... seems like some bizarre decisions made at the last minute....not sure what you mean by "the club is getting what it deserves" though

Didn't realise we went out in the academy kit and had no first teamers tbf...That is weird and i agree that's not how it was being built up on the Widnes website over the last couple of weeks... seems like some bizarre decisions made at the last minute....not sure what you mean by "the club is getting what it deserves" though

maybe ott wording tbf, but clubs should use pre season to engage with fans and build up the new season. The boxing day game was a disaster for Widnes. As a Wire fan I queued for 40 mins to get i, missing the first 15 mins before watching a stroll in the park. They peed off fans with selections.

Today, they did the same, the fans there said they had two coaches booked this week until the team was announced and one cancelled.

We need to treat fans better than this. Widnes are positioning themselves in the bottom third of SL, they need to be careful.

maybe ott wording tbf, but clubs should use pre season to engage with fans and build up the new season. The boxing day game was a disaster for Widnes. As a Wire fan I queued for 40 mins to get i, missing the first 15 mins before watching a stroll in the park. They peed off fans with selections.

Today, they did the same, the fans there said they had two coaches booked this week until the team was announced and one cancelled.

We need to treat fans better than this. Widnes are positioning themselves in the bottom third of SL, they need to be careful.

Widnes sent a young team and beat Newcastle

If we would have sent a full team it would have been eighty or ninety points

What would be the point of that

the most blatant false advertising i have seen. This wasnt billed as an academy match, it was a tenner admission, yet Widnes even wore the Academy shirt.

It was not a first team friendly. Plenty who made the effort, from both sides were peed off.

Widnes are making mugs of their fans, but hey the club is getting what they deserve.

The team was announced on Thursday.

The team was announced on Thursday.

was on social media Friday morning. Virgin trains dont do refunds at that point.

Do Academy games get 1300 people? Why did this one? Are Academy games a tenner to get in? I should point out Thunder also put a 27man young squad out.

I accept the point about a drubbing, yet to put a couple of fringe players in wouldnt have ruined it. Actually having some there would have been nice for the many Widnes fans who travelled, and for the Newcastle fans who may have adopted Widnes and see these players on sky. Only Hodgson was there.

This is how Widnes described it on their site this week...

It presents the ideal opportunity for the Club's growing North East fanbase to watch the Vikings class of 2016 in action live, ahead of the second visit to St James' Park for the Magic Weekend later this year.

Reasonable points I agree

Our crowds were up last season in 2014 average was 300 though 2015 since moving to newcastle average was 950 last season and we got over 1000 3 times so crowds increasing big time they say 300% increase in season tickets this season compared to last season aswel

They featured my 91 year old auntie in their match programme last season - they can do no wrong!!!

I will be rocking up with a lot of other people to the HAC a week on Friday. Won't be any first teamers there but it'll be a great way to start the week end, as ever...

Denis Betts was there.

Ive got to admit I feared the worse when I read this post last night.

I awoke this morning and hastily turned on the news, relief swept over me. I had anticipated thousands upon thousands of Geordies rioting in the streets. Overcome by anger and dissapointment at the missed opportunity to watch the D train (Chris Dean), up close and personal.

Ive got to admit I feared the worse when I read this post last night.

I awoke this morning and hastily turned on the news, relief swept over me. I had anticipated thousands upon thousands of Geordies rioting in the streets. Overcome by anger and dissapointment at the missed opportunity to watch the D train (Chris Dean), up close and personal.

nice one. I suppose rl has loads of fans so we can just treat them how we want.

Personally im not a fan of spendin over £30 to go to Newcastle to watch an Academy game, billed as nothing of the sort.

No Dennis Betts, literally no first teamers, false advertising.[/quote Denis Betts was with the team as was Assistant Coach, Mick Cassidy. You claim otherwise. Please comment.

Denis Betts was with the team but you say otherwise. Please comment.

Denis Betts was with the team but you say otherwise. Please comment.

Yes sir.

If he was there, I retract that comment then.

We saw the players get off the coach and didn't see him, I saw photos of the team in the changing rooms, he wasn't on those, we saw plenty of Widnes officials in and out of the clubhouse, he wasn't there - I wrongly assumed he hadn't travelled - apologies.

But well done, you picked up on one point. 

Archived