Paul Rowley resigns at Leigh

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True. On that note who is you usual prefered left winger? Very good bet for top try scorer in championship this year.

Liam Kay, he was top try scorer in the Championship last year. 1 ahead of Brierley I think. Although Brierley was still Leigh's top try scorer taking into account the Challenge Cup and the 8's.

Top try scorers last year in the Championship was a Leigh 1, 2, 3.

Liam Kay, Ryan Brierley and Gregg McNally. With McNally out for most of the season though I would be confident of Kay or Brierley topping the charts again this season.

EDIT: Just looked and the 4 faves for Championship top try scorer are 4 Leigh players in Kay (6's), Brierley (8's), McNally (10's) but he is injured for 6 months so don't waste your money, and Higson at 12's on the other wing. Williams at Bradford is also at 12's.

Higson is likely to have tough competition for his spot from Pownall and will almost definitely share that wing spot so I doubt that would be a good bet unless he makes a strong claim for that right wing early doors.

Rowley..."There's certain aspects that I weren't in agreeance (sic) with so I fell on my sword...in my press statement I said that I would comment no further, as did the club - the club since have commented quite a lot further and so I guess just a little bit from me is inevitable."

Wow you must be creaming yourself in the pit villages around Fev. How`s the DR going on? :drag:

We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

Liam Kay, he was top try scorer in the Championship last year. 1 ahead of Brierley I think. Although Brierley was still Leigh's top try scorer taking into account the Challenge Cup and the 8's.

Top try scorers last year in the Championship was a Leigh 1, 2, 3.

Liam Kay, Ryan Brierley and Gregg McNally. With McNally out for most of the season though I would be confident of Kay or Brierley topping the charts again this season.

With Chase playing regularly it will be Kay, he's a master at creating for the winger and tends to favour the left. Seen any odds on him for top try scorer?

Edited for accuracy.

It's ridiculous you are now editing posts which is against the board rules because you want to censor a discussion on Leigh. If you or any others who have come on here just to try and hush anything up and not discuss anything it'll have to be reported.  

Rowley..."There's certain aspects that I weren't in agreeance (sic) with so I fell on my sword...in my press statement I said that I would comment no further, as did the club - the club since have commented quite a lot further and so I guess just a little bit from me is inevitable."

So it's not a family disaster then. That's more of the hush hush garbage to one side,

1, Back row we struggled a bit last year on the fringes Maitua and Hansen would be my start...

2. I fancy that pack against anything in the championship and against a few of the lower SL teams.

3. Chase will be brilliant or GBE,

4. The Rowley saga was awful timing but if anything it has really brought the squad together, were there disagreements in camp.

5. What we did last year didn't work so if the coach didn't want to change anything that would have been a poor reflection on him.

6. Are they focussed, happy and united - 100% definitely, will they stay that way - that's something time will tell.

7. Is Jukes good enough - the players say he is, will he need help later on - I think Derek will bring in a DoR if needed for the last 3 months.

8. The town is really buzzing

THANK YOU CRAIQ KNEW YOU COULD DO IT

The club failed at the most important hurdle and I can see how that needed more investment and wholesale changes which you got, and of course it remains to be seen how it goes this year.

Unless they start losing games in the normal season which I doubt very much, then I don't think we will know if the new formulae will crack SL until the business end.

I await to see which SL club will be the one you may well fancy replacing - there's an obvious ironic choice after last nights results....Imagine if Marwan sold you the players who then bring his club down!!!

Good luck....

Wow you must be creaming yourself in the pit villages around Fev. How`s the DR going on? :drag:

Nice change of subject for distraction (and you must excuse me for putting a post that was clearly relevant to the thread title) but as you ask, it's too early to say how DR is going for Fev, personally I'd rather DR didn't exist (though it does make me smile when fans from other teams that have used it get holier-than-thou when they no longer need to do so). There are lots of Leigh fans who are puzzled and curious by what has gone on to make Rowley leave, too, but it seems that if anyone from a different club dares to question anything about Leigh some (not all) of their fans respond with an ad hominem attack.

Well indeed. So Rowley is saying that the Leigh club are morally and ethically so bad that he felt compelled to leave. Can that possibly be true?

I am sure the RFL were at the stadium,before he had a chance to leave,to interview him regarding this issue.

I wonder where this will lead...?

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

I must have missed the comments from the club relating to his reasons for leaving. In fact all I've heard from the club about Rowley since he resigned was positive,

I agree, nothing untoward from the club that I have seen.  He made a point of saying there was to be no discussion in public or private, it seems he lied.  Personally I would just like to get on with it and enjoy the rugby.  Paul is no longer Leighs coach, he will be at another club no doubt in the near future.  It seems at the moment that 75% of the RL public want Leigh to fail in an even bigger style than they did in the middle 8s.  This is very sad for both them and the game.  What is also sad is the viscious content being spewed around social media.

I don't hate any club in the game..........oh no wait, that's a lie, Angelic Cynic can you work it out. When are you changing your name to Rotheram seeing as you play closer to there than Sheffield.  I also see there are problems with your new stadium...shame

Here we go again .....

I don't hate any club in the game..........oh no wait, that's a lie, Angelic Cynic can you work it out. When are you changing your name to Rotheram seeing as you play closer to there than Sheffield.  I also see there are problems with your new stadium...shame

I must have typed out something which wasn't factual to deserve such an ad hominem.

Remaining on the Paul Rowley topic I am at a loss to understand how he cannot remain at the Leigh Centurions club on moral grounds yet recommends his friend to replace him.Perhaps his friends don't share the shame moral compass?

* I am not part of the imagined Yorkshire conspiracy *

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

I must have missed the comments from the club relating to his reasons for leaving. In fact all I've heard from the club about Rowley since he resigned was positive,

Why would he resign a week before the season if it was positive

Leigh fans are delusional

The club has imploded

Though rumours are to be taken with Barrow full of salt.... There is one consistent rumour doing the rounds coming from lots of different sources on tge bright side of the hills

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

The club has imploded

nah.... they'll still run away wi t'champonship

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

The club has imploded

Maybe read the post properly... I said the club hadn't made any comments about why Rowley left, and just said positive things about him as a coach. In response to Rowley's comments that the club had said quite a bit.

Archived