Auckland Nines

Allora

New Zealand win the series with a dominant performance. There's been talk of expanding the women's presence at the Nines. If this means GB/England getting involved, I would love to see that!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a time limit on the Legends Kicking Competition. So Mal Meninga's screwed, then...

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Commentator in the women's match "she showed a bit of toe there". I'm ashamed to say I giggled.

In the second game Vossy said one of the girls got "a good old fashioned facial" followed by a second of silence and then him trying not to laugh as he continued.

My inner child came out for that one too :lol:

rsz_1rsz_1rsz_2bulldogsbanner.png

Daryl Halligan proving he is the greatest kicker of all time too. Made some of those touch line kicks look easy. Even more impressive when you saw the attempts by some of the younger guys who are classed as great kickers of the game

rsz_1rsz_1rsz_2bulldogsbanner.png

PARRAMATTA!!!!!!

Great series of games and some good tries scored by all teams

I take it your an Eels supporter now?

I can't remember you getting so excited when another club won it last year hmmmm strange that...

Well done Parra but what the hell is wrong with the Warriors seriously they should be unbeatable in a 9's comp but as always there 2nd to none when it comes to finding a way to choke.

I'm very interested in the Warriors this season with this side they have put together anything less than top 4 is a massive fail.

Highlights of all games YouTube. Below is link for the final between Parra and Warriors.

http://youtu.be/dyt6q7onl-U

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

I take it your an Eels supporter now?

I can't remember you getting so excited when another club won it last year hmmmm strange that...

One of my Sons lives at North Rocks and is a Parramatta fan, is that ok?

I do not get to see most of the Nines games, how did Souths go this year?

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

Well done Parra but what the hell is wrong with the Warriors seriously they should be unbeatable in a 9's comp but as always there 2nd to none when it comes to finding a way to choke.

I'm very interested in the Warriors this season with this side they have put together anything less than top 4 is a massive fail.

This is said every year and more often than not they fail to make the playoffs in recent years.

I would not be surprised if they do better than Souths this year though.

New Zealand win the series with a dominant performance. There's been talk of expanding the women's presence at the Nines. If this means GB/England getting involved, I would love to see that!

Hopefully they do consider that. It would require only a minor tweak to the schedule to make a Tri-Nations Nines tournament within the Auckland Nines.

All they'd need to do is change the three current spots to be something like:

NZ v England

NZ v Australia

Australia v England

And then somewhere they'd just need to insert a spot for a final (which would most likely be NZ v one of the others)

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

This is said every year and more often than not they fail to make the playoffs in recent years.

I would not be surprised if they do better than Souths this year though.

Well with RTS, Issac Luke, Konrad & "The Golden Boot" in there side they'd wanna go better than my team who have lost a lot of players as a result of winning there 21st premiership.

Ps lets see how the cowboys go next year when there squad gets picked apart.

Well with RTS, Issac Luke, Konrad & "The Golden Boot" in there side they'd wanna go better than my team who have lost a lot of players as a result of winning there 21st premiership.

Ps lets see how the cowboys go next year when there squad gets picked apart.

They should be OK

Outs: Viliame Kikau (Penrith Panthers), Cameron King (Parramatta Eels), Glenn Hall (retirement), Robert Lui (Salford Red Devils), Kelepi Tanginoa (Parramatta Eels), Scott Schulte (Parramatta Eels)

p.s squads do not get picked apart when their players are still contracted.

I know its impossible because of schedules and so on but 9s or even 7s would be a great competition both Super League and NRL clubs could play in together. Would generate a heap more interest. 

It would generate a lot of interest here in England as the NRL Clubs would be a huge draw card.

One of the matches I missed was the Warriors v Brisbane one. Just caught up with the YouTube highlights, and the final try was worth the watch all on its own.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thoughts:

Parramatta lift a trophy for the first time since (I think) the World Sevens. Great news for them.

The Gold Coast Titans were actually worth watching, for a change.

Manly look promising, after a period of turmoil. Tom Trbojevic stood out in an excellent team.

The Warriors did the Warriors thing, by getting close but not close enough. Expect the same in the NRL season.

The women's matches were excellent again. A Tri-Nations series next year would be a huge boost for the sport.

So many good youngsters making their mark. 

The veterans didn't disgrace themselves either, in general. Matty Bowen's unselfish pass after he'd crossed the tryline was a great gesture.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I don't see how they could possibly have  a Nines comprising all NRL and SL teams. There would be too many games to play for just one weekend, and the players would be absolutely exhausted. The only way you could have an international competition is to have the top 8 teams from each competition. But I don't see the NRL going for that, especially since this competition is so successful in its current structure. 

Good thing about the Nines is that it unearths new young stars. Last year it was Valentine Holmes. This year it has been Agnatius Paasi (Titans prop) and Berwyn French (Parramatta winger). Both should become new NRL stars.

I'd like to see the Magic Weekend as a 9's event. 3 x 80 minute games of 13 a side is a bit much for many in 1 day, and replacing 1 league game with a 9's event would be better anyway. You could build your own list of sponsors for it for just one game too so it could be better commercially

Archived