fax game

wonky

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wrong way round, Harry replaced Derek (not Dennis) Watts. Derek played in the 1977 Lancs Cup final winning team, then Harry joined in 1978. Derek had been signed to replace Big Jim Mills who we had for the 1976 season on loan.

Harry would have been penalised every time he took a ball in today with his knees up style of running !

That's one of Harry's characteristics I remember well, coupled with a hand off like a sledgehammer, he must have been a nightmare to tackle !

When I remember watching him playing he looked a real good forward I thought he would have made the grade no bother, wonder what happened for some reason a back injury seems to ring a bell but could be wrong.

Yeah, he struggled with a back injury and had to call it a day

in his first season for town kenny goodall was towns top try scorer with 20 tries from loose forward......this team contained keith davies and ian wright so that tally is even more impressive......sadly he suffered real back problems and had to call it a day in 73/74 season...good number of his tries were long runs from his own half too ..........as for david collister didn t his team mates nickname him the humane killer such was the power of his tackles ?

in his first season for town kenny goodall was towns top try scorer with 20 tries from loose forward......this team contained keith davies and ian wright so that tally is even more impressive......sadly he suffered real back problems and had to call it a day in 73/74 season...good number of his tries were long runs from his own half too ..........as for david collister didn t his team mates nickname him the humane killer such was the power of his tackles ?

Yes, Shemmy was a pretty cruel enforcer- one of his victims apparently said it was like being hit with a bag of cement. And he did it while sporting a near- permanent grin-not unlike Billy Pat!

yep thanks. Ivan I thought he was outstanding in the short time he played for us would'nt have minded having him playing at present.

Archived