fax game

wonky

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I think it would be better if the game was called off, we have and still are having persistent rain, when we played Haven at the recre before the k/o the pitch seemed okay but when played upon it turned into a mud bath.

Jamie Bloem as traveled up here so he doesn't want a wasted journey, but playing on a saturated ground will only churn it up and it will take weeks for it to recover.

He's definitely got it, he was outstanding for St Benedict's which is why Wigan came knocking but since then he hasn't really looked after himself and put an amount of weight on. But how many times do you see wasted talent? The game is littered with them, whether it's Wear, Walsh or whoever.

It's a shame as you'd have thought being released from Wigan would give him a kick up the jacksy, especially playing with someone like JS.

That's my take too. He has a good footie brain but his mobility is compromised by weight issues. By the way , I think that's a cheap shot at John Walsh---- top pigeon man and decent journalist !!

To big, to slow, that sort of frame is never going to suit the position he plays. Need someone with a bit of spark and zip in their play. Dorans best asset is that you can see he's got a good set of hands.

. Ye, I said this at the end of last year and was shot down on here folk saying he was just a young lad and give him a chance for gods sake and he's only learning the game

Get off the lads back for gods sake he's a a good player and I do think he leads is around well its always him organising the plays just needs time

i agree, i dont see what commenting on his weight the whole time is going to achieve. Does anyone know what his diet is? Hes probably just heavily set no matter what he does. He dosent seen to tire during a game. Imo hes a better hooker than half back and i still believe him and callum should swap roles. Yesterday he put in some nice short kicks, as did buffer which forced a couple of drop outs and scrums.both lack the long kicking game though.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Get off the lads back for gods sake he's a a good player and I do think he leads is around well its always him organising the plays just needs time

Don't think anybody is on his back but. on his displays since his arrival never in a million years would I say he is a good quality half back, think Wonky is right saying he's better at hooker with Callumin halfback position.

Don't think anybody is on his back but. on his displays since his arrival never in a million years would I say he is a good quality half back, think Wonky is right saying he's better at hooker with Callumin halfback position.

I can't agree with those who say that being released by Wigan should have given Jamie a wake-up call for want of a better expression. I think he played better when he was on loan and still believed a recall to Wigan was achievable. Being released by arguably the most iconic of Super League clubs to come back home to a Champ. side with, reastically, mid-table security as the goal must be more of a blow to the ego than a gee-up. I always acknowledge his potential and would like nothing better than to see him realise it. 

I think sammut and callum would be electric at halfback combo.

Really exciting, crowd feed of it , good go forward by our big pack and get on a roll at Derwent park.

150% agree. I couldnt think of a better combination available to us. Jarrod to organise, control and dictate and callum taking the line on and feeding off him. Will we see it? I doubt it tbh.

In my opinion, callum is both a better hooker and half back than doran. Callum has made it clear before he enjoys playing hooker rather than in the halves. The lad shouldnt have to suffer because doran is incapable?

Once sammut is back i think doran will struggle to make the 17.

In my opinion, callum is both a better hooker and half back than doran. Callum has made it clear before he enjoys playing hooker rather than in the halves. The lad shouldnt have to suffer because doran is incapable?

Once sammut is back i think doran will struggle to make the 17.

callum being one of our better more creative players, surely he needs to be on the pitch as long as possible. Matty is a 60-80 minute player who dosent really need to be spelled, so to get the maximum out of callum i think 7 suits him in our squad. Although i do like when we get both on at the same time and matty goes to loose, a position we get no creativity from at all at present.

Archived