Oldham knock HKR out of the CC

town4me

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of talk was to sign Mike fearon , he plays for Penrith so would he be good enough to step in then ? Or is this just a pop at union really.

Mike Fearon is a very good back who has already played amateur RL .By all accounts he could could do a job at the semi pro game but has shown no inclination to swap codes. Never easy to enlist crew for a listing ship. 

It's level 5.. Kirkby and Kendal moving up a league .. It is a decent standard trust me - if your basing your views on Cumbria 1 then yes I'll agree with you but not the teams in the national leagues

kendal kirby play each other next week at kendal 

Fearon wouldn't make it at halfback in the championship

Hmmmmm now that is another statement in knocking back local players. No wonder they wont be interested in joining.

On what information do you base your judgement ?

I think you are a guy with some good points of view and they do need to be aired but in other areas you are far too negative. Without some sort of positivity and belief in what we have available locally we may as well shut the doors and walk away.

Please change your mentality because I for one would be so much happier if you just went and put your pennies into the haven coffers and left the good club to try to sort out their issues without you.

Ha personal attack !

To be half back in this league you have to have experience .. Yes speed n gas but it boils down to experience and game management .. He doesn't play stand off for Penrith .. He is a good player but he wouldn't cut it at this level at 6/7 ... Some good players in this league my friend

Ha personal attack !

To be half back in this league you have to have experience .. Yes speed n gas but it boils down to experience and game management .. He doesn't play stand off for Penrith .. He is a good player but he wouldn't cut it at this level at 6/7 ... Some good players in this league my friend

Not a personal attack at all.

I was not just referring to Fearon but all local players.....you know what mate I just cant be bothered with you.

I was quite sympathetic for you when others on here were having a go at your comments, but you know what...they were probably right.

Not a personal attack at all.

I was not just referring to Fearon but all local players.....you know what mate I just cant be bothered with you.

I was quite sympathetic for you when others on here were having a go at your comments, but you know what...they were probably right.

Took you a long time to rumble him mate. He's probably seen Fearon play about as often as he's been to a Town match !  Most of us on here refer to aspects of the game which make it obvious that we've actually been there-- controversial reffing decisions -poor player options-- all the big and small details that you could only quote if you had seen them. Have a trawl through his posts -nothing at all to suggest he's been any nearer to D.P. than Bransty . As for Mike Fearon ,I'll take the opinions of some fair local judges who actually know what they're talking about and the consensus is that he could make the transition if he wanted to-but he dosn't so it's academic. 

MODERATOR:I am following the posts from Townie123 and so far have not seen anything to convince me he is a troll,I accept he is at times being on the side of negativity,but it is his prerogative to post on the forum and if you do not like what he posts,do not read them.In fairness to Townie123,a lot of his posts are close to the bone and some of our forum members do not like to hear but, he says it how he feels and at times a lot of members agree with him but, will not say it on here.Forum members can be assured that I also keep an eye on other forum members who have come close to the bone on certain posts,but I allow a bit of leeway on either side without issuing any warnings,i want our members to have a good craic on here without any interference from me.Thankyou.....

I have personally seen mike fearon in both codes and have to say I feel he would make the grade especially if he was playing alongside a talented fella like sammut,There are some good big young lads playing RU who I also think would make the grade if they changed codes,but they would need to be playing in an A team of which we do not have.Nothing ventured nothing gained,but at this moment it looks has though it is a no go,pity that,but I still say mike could be an asset to town if playing with the right man.

Archived