Oldham knock HKR out of the CC

town4me

Will be interesting to see the player's response in this week's game. 

With injured players on the way back there should be no excuses to put in a much improved performance and put the memory of that pitiful showing against Featherstone behind us.

If its another 40+ defeat then surely he has to go as it will confirm that the players aren't performing for him.

Will be an interesting afternoon regardless I think

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crack I've heard is PV has issues with Callum and that's split the camp

. As a supporter of nearly 60years,I feel a need to comment on the above. Town's loyal core of supporters pay their money and expect a whole hearted team effort-hence why the team were applauded despite their defeat against Leigh. We were proud of them. Callum is an individualistic and a team player with the flair and will to turn and win matches-we cannot afford to waste such talent or lose another Cumbrian. So if the above is the case then someone should resolve the issue sooner rather than later before we suffer the seemingly inevitable consequences of the big drop!

Looks like the bulls will be Coachless for our visit as lowes has apparently left the club

Former Bulls captain, and Lowes' assistant coach, Matt Diskin will act as interim head coach for Bradford Bulls against us on Sunday.

Referee is Mr. C Campbell.

Can someone remind me of how this league works again, does anyone get relegated automatically ? Is there any changes to last season's marathon ?

At the end of the regular season,the bottom 8 play each other once in a mini league. The number of home/away games depends on a team's final position in the regular season. The points from the 7 games in the mini league are then added to the points from the regular season,and the bottom 2 teams are relegated.Hope this helps.

Question

IF we go down

Would you rather have Sammut for the season to live in hope

Or

Hope he gets picked up and save the money ?

100% keep him. The club arent paying for him so it shouldnt affect our outgoings. He would destroy that league, especially if he has a coach who would allow him to play how he wants and express himself. The likes of stack, murphy and matty will stick about so our main big hitters will be able to have a team built around them.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

100% keep him. The club arent paying for him so it shouldnt affect our outgoings. He would destroy that league, especially if he has a coach who would allow him to play how he wants and express himself. The likes of stack, murphy and matty will stick about so our main big hitters will be able to have a team built around them.

As an ex-N.R.L. / Super League player on top Champ. wages he should be ripping it up in this division but his performances are decidedly patchy. He--and a few others--need to step up to the mark and keep us in the Championship because the alternative is unthinkable. Rather than us destroying Champ 1 being down there would destroy this club. It pains me to say it but on current form we look far more like relegation material than our dear neighbours and if they beat the drop and we don't I don't think loyalty would -or should- keep our better players from defecting. I really cannot believe that Sammut would stick around to turn out against the likes of Coventry,Gloucester and the Welsh lame ducks and he wouldn't be short of offers from other clubs. With the notable exception of Barrow gates of 300 are a luxury down in the dead zone and I can't see us bucking that trend if we go down. They say that in the Kingdom of the Blind the one-eyed man is King but I don't buy that for this club. 

If we were to look at the amateur scene for a coach what would peoples choice be , mine would have to be Gary Hewer, a brilliant coach who has had international experience, successfully coaching in RU and if I am not mistaken is one of the highest grade coaches in the area .

"successfully coaching in RU"          the team he's coaching have just been relegated

Archived