Oldham knock HKR out of the CC

town4me

Oldham have pulled off one of the biggest Challenge Cup upsets in years with a remarkable 36-22 defeat of Hull KR.

The Championship side beat their Super League opponents at the KC Lightstream Stadium after taking a fully deserved 24-6 lead at half-time.

Will Hope got the first try of the game and then Dane Tilse score for the Robins.

But the Roughyeds built from there, Richard Lepori grabbing a double with a score in each half, Steve Roper and Adam Clay crossing in the first 40.

In the second half Shaun Lunt scored early for Hull KR but then Oldham's Gary Middlehurst responded.

Hull KR went down 10-30 with 23 minutes left.

The Robins rallied late, with tries to Maurice Blair and Joe Wardill, but could not come back as Oldham recorded a famous victory.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jesus-that bottom position is looking a bit ominous now. Oldham obviously havn't read the script . Didn't that Lepori play for the Jam ?

yes lepori used to be a jameater and was very ordinary up here against us in the league. It's a result that beggars belief.

If you want more evidence of how bad some of our results are then today is a good measure, we simply need to look at ourselves and be thoroughly ashamed. 6 -52 at home ,all you want is a team that fights tooth and nail and doesn't know when there beat.

If we'd played hull kr we would be beaten as soon as draw was made. We deserve to be exactly where we are because we've got no heart and no belief and if we think we'll be topdogs in league below we're in for a shock.

Time to regroup, start a fresh and hopefully these meetings going on this week iron out whatever's causing the breakdown of our team spirit. I think we can all accept defeat but how you get beat is very important into retaining the support of the fans especially the floating fans.

However........we beat Oldham, Oldham beat Hull KR, Hull KR beat Leeds a week or so ago. Hence we are better than Leeds!!

But back on planet reality Batley 26 - 6 up v Fev. Puts last week into context

If you want more evidence of how bad some of our results are then today is a good measure, we simply need to look at ourselves and be thoroughly ashamed. 6 -52 at home ,all you want is a team that fights tooth and nail and doesn't know when there beat.

If we'd played hull kr we would be beaten as soon as draw was made. We deserve to be exactly where we are because we've got no heart and no belief and if we think we'll be topdogs in league below we're in for a shock.

Time to regroup, start a fresh and hopefully these meetings going on this week iron out whatever's causing the breakdown of our team spirit. I think we can all accept defeat but how you get beat is very important into retaining the support of the fans especially the floating fans.

Yes,I have to admit that D.P. or whatever it's called these days is no longer the bowel loosening fortress that once caused the visitors team bus to have all the windows open by the time they passed Forton Services. Our locals used to guarantee a feisty welcome for the opposition ,and ,win or lose they helped their casualties back onto the coach knowing they had just faced the mighty Town. I don't know why we have suddenly become the easy beats that our results would suggest but something has to change soon. Whatever pans out this season I truly believe that without the miraculous emergence of a Koukash style saviour we have to go back to a local coach who can gel with the Cumbrian amateur scene because flying in mediocre players from the other end of the planet clearly isn't working. Gary Murdock had us competing when he was in charge,and when he left we were in a healthy position in the table. I was very disappointed to see him go but I gather that the pressures of the job were causing him sleepless nights and a man's family has to come first. There are other local coaches who I believe could turn us around and Barrow are fortunate to have the services of Paul Crarey who looks to have them moving in the right direction. As for floating fans Ginock I think they're as rare as rocking-horse sh#t !

People seem to forget that it was PV who instilled this poor attitude it to our guys with the "this is a winnable game crack" seems to b happy with accepting losses in certain games b4 we even KO!! Poor when you look at teams like Swinton, Oldham and even Batley to a degree who are fighting tooth and nail to punch above their weight!

Without knowing the facts I would hazard a guess that some key players have been rested today in some games.

Don't think there would be any resting of players for Batley v Fev

Can't find a line-up on line though. Fev scorers played last week.

Yes,I have to admit that D.P. or whatever it's called these days is no longer the bowel loosening fortress that once caused the visitors team bus to have all the windows open by the time they passed Forton Services. Our locals used to guarantee a feisty welcome for the opposition ,and ,win or lose they helped their casualties back onto the coach knowing they had just faced the mighty Town. I don't know why we have suddenly become the easy beats that our results would suggest but something has to change soon. Whatever pans out this season I truly believe that without the miraculous emergence of a Koukash style saviour we have to go back to a local coach who can gel with the Cumbrian amateur scene because flying in mediocre players from the other end of the planet clearly isn't working. Gary Murdock had us competing when he was in charge,and when he left we were in a healthy position in the table. I was very disappointed to see him go but I gather that the pressures of the job were causing him sleepless nights and a man's family has to come first. There are other local coaches who I believe could turn us around and Barrow are fortunate to have the services of Paul Crarey who looks to have them moving in the right direction. As for floating fans Ginock I think they're as rare as rocking-horse sh#t !

If we were to look at the amateur scene for a coach what would peoples choice be , mine would have to be Gary Hewer, a brilliant coach who has had international experience, successfully coaching in RU and if I am not mistaken is one of the highest grade coaches in the area .

Don't think there would be any resting of players for Batley v Fev

Can't find a line-up on line though. Fev scorers played last week.

Fev , Craven, Johnson, Taulapapa, Turner, Thackeray, Griffin, Bostock, Davies, Spears, Milner, Hardman, Roche, Ormondroyd, Cording, Cooper, Tagg, Coventry, Blockley and Hill.

Dogs , 2. Wayne Reittie. 4. Shaun Squires. 5. Shaun Ainscough. 6. Cane Southernwood. 7. Dom Brambani. 8. Keegan Hirst. 9. Luke Blake. 11. Brad Day. 13. Pat Walker. 14. James Davey. 15. Adam Gledhill. 17. Joe Chandler. 18. Tom Lillycrop. 19. Alex Bretherton. 20. Alastair Leak. 21. James Brown. 22. Dave Scott. 23. Danny Cowling. 24. James Harrison.

Looking ahead we have got to go to Bradford and put in a performance, the table suggests that they can be got at conceding nearly 20 points a game and scoring 30 , we are scoring roughly 15 a game and conceding on average30 .........they're defence isn't brilliant so let's have a go.

Sammut will be well up for it I'd imagine, but Saturday will see either haven or Oldham moving onto 8 points presuming haven lose to London today.....but haven are more than capable of beating London so next Sunday we may be 8 points behind them going into the bulls game!

Archived