29 Apr-1 May: The Kingstone Press Championship Match Thread

Sun is out and I will be making my second trip to the Trailfibders today, having enjoyed the experience last time out.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't make it myself, but it should be a good - perhaps over 1k?

Easily that, decent crowd by the looks of things.

You'll be pleased to know the Bulls fans collectively are still like the crowd at a Backstreet Boys concert in the late nineties, the shrill sound is deafening each time the ball goes near their end. Not seen a sponge finger yet though.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

You'll be pleased to know the Bulls fans collectively are still like the crowd at a Backstreet Boys concert in the late nineties

Come on Browny, nobody ever associated Bulls fans with any sort of atmosphere at a game! ;)

Well played London by the sounds of it. Wasn't at the game, but from the sounds of it, a real well earned win from them.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

Well played and commiserations to Batley today, they played extremely well and were superbly led by Dom Brambani M.O.M. for me easily, a draw would probably have been a fair result.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

Am only allowed one RL game a weekend and its Skolars! A great result by Broncos today. Lets hope it encourages more fans back to Trailblazers.

Great win for the Broncos today.  They must be the most improved side in the Championship this season surely?  I hope they can keep this up as it's great to see them doing well.  What a turnaround Hendo has created.

I thought that we might win, but not by that much :O Makes our home game with Leigh on 26 June (my 64th. birthday :yahoo: ) look VERY interesting !

Classic four pointer that is, if London keep winning in the meantime of course.  If they don't then it will be important for other reasons!

Must say I was impressed that Oldham beat Featherstone, even bearing in mind Featherstone's injury difficulties at present.  Isn't that four wins for Oldham so far this season?  If I'm correct then that's not bad for a newly promoted side that is playing mostly the same team as when they were in League 1.

Didn't go to London, commentary said it was a high quality game. Well done to London. Always want London to be doing well..

From our point of view, well it just keeps unraveling. Playing today without a coach, without a scrum half and without a stand off. Need to get a coach in and some / any halves in asap before we slip out of the top four.

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

London were outstanding in the second half, and with better goalkicking would have rattled up a real score. I thought the Bulls, with Super League experience across the 17, would find a way but they were found out badly by the London left side of Barthau, Garside, Hellewell and Williams, with Kear joining the line from the back.

A great afternoon and an excellent performance. Really optimism around the place too and got chatting to a few folk who said they hadn't bothered for years but wanted a look at the in-form Broncos.

A great afternoon and an excellent performance. Really optimism around the place too and got chatting to a few folk who said they hadn't bothered for years but wanted a look at the in-form Broncos.

That is very encouraging.  Let's hope the Broncos stay in form and the lapsed fans keep returning!

London were outstanding in the second half, and with better goalkicking would have rattled up a real score. I thought the Bulls, with Super League experience across the 17, would find a way but they were found out badly by the London left side of Barthau, Garside, Hellewell and Williams, with Kear joining the line from the back.

Whatwas crowd?

1524 at Trailblazers

Great crowd and after my first visit to the ground, it's very picturesque with the clubhouse and clocktower at one side, and Wembley's famous arch at the opposite.

You get a real sense of literally being on top of the action and when you add the pitch side BBQ and outdoor bar marquee, you have a fun family venue that resembles what you have in the NRL.

Great crowd and after my first visit to the ground, it's very picturesque with the clubhouse and clocktower at one side, and Wembley's famous arch at the opposite.

You get a real sense of literally being on top of the action and when you add the pitch side BBQ and outdoor bar marquee, you have a fun family venue that resembles what you have in the NRL.

Enjoyed your commentary today Mick.

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

A few years ago, Mick was doing (voluntary) commentary for folk with disabilities and in hospital.  He lent me one of the headsets so I could listen in during one of our games, while sat watching it in the stand, to see what I thought.  I'm afraid, after the game, I had to go tell him the awful truth.

He was very, very good. 

I was seriously impressed.  And it takes a lot nowdays to impress a grumpy old sod like me.

Otherwise...great to see London seemingly back on the rise. Whilst I think there is fekk all chance of anyone actually getting promoted under this current "system", wouldn't it be great for the game if London could somehow prove me wrong?  I'll keep my own counsel about Bradford...

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wise people so full of doubts.

Bury your memories; bury your friends. Leave it alone for a year or two.  Till the stories grow hazy, and the legends come true.  Then do it again - some things never end.

Enjoyed your commentary today Mick.

Cheers mate, glad you enjoyed it. The game hinged on Ackers second try, which was incorrectly awarded.

From that moment the Bulls should have been more professional with their grievances with the officials - certainly not running into the tackle using the head and losing all momentum and composure.

A damaging defeat, one which IMO sees us destined to finish 3rd or 4th. The appointment of Cartwright or Smith can't come soon enough. Rudderless.

I'm calling Dewsbury vs Wigan next weekend if you're struggling.

A few years ago, Mick was doing (voluntary) commentary for folk with disabilities and in hospital. He lent me one of the headsets so I could listen in during one of our games, while sat watching it in the stand, to see what I thought. I'm afraid, after the game, I had to go tell him the awful truth.

He was very, very good.

I was seriously impressed. And it takes a lot nowdays to impress a grumpy old sod like me.

Otherwise...great to see London seemingly back on the rise. Whilst I think there is fekk all chance of anyone actually getting promoted under this current "system", wouldn't it be great for the game if London could somehow prove me wrong? I'll keep my own counsel about Bradford...

Appreciate your kind words mate.

Ross is in the car with me, he says hello.

Cheers mate, glad you enjoyed it. The game hinged on Ackers second try, which was incorrectly awarded.

From that moment the Bulls should have been more professional with their grievances with the officials - certainly not running into the tackle using the head and losing all momentum and composure.

A damaging defeat, one which IMO sees us destined to finish 3rd or 4th. The appointment of Cartwright or Smith can't come soon enough. Rudderless.

I'm calling Dewsbury vs Wigan next weekend if you're struggling.

"... running into the tackle using the head" sounds very painful.  :ohmy:  No wonder there was a loss of "momentum and composure."

Archived