International Cricket 2016

Great performance, was thinking that taking 20 wickets was going to be a tall order, so 4 in the last hour was superb.

18 000 capacity at Old Trafford, not sold out on Friday or Saturday.

Having a first Test at Lords is, oddly, quite good for England. They underwhelm so often there (especially in the Ashes), it fires them up for the rest of the series, where the pitches are more likely to suit their bowling attack.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Strange decision not to enforce the follow on today. Hope the weather forecast is good for Monday and Tuesday!

thought that myself. maybe ewcb fed up giving money back on 4th day tickets

Caught by a feckin speed camera. try these I did and it saved me a heap o money and penalty points.

Down to Anderson and Stokes , it's the first game back from injury for both. I'm not sure with the rain they would have been over bowled anyway. But with the amount of cricket England play , they will be cautious.

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

As long as the weather is favourable.

Looks like the ground is filling up a bit, after a sparse morning session.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

186 for 7 now. Pakistan will be lucky to see day 5.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Now 8 down

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

Quite impressed with Amir's diligent resistance, in what is a hopeless cause (unless it rains solidly for the next 24 hours).

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 weeks later...

Third test is shaping up nicely, England need to still be batting at the end of today.

Potentially deciding game in a closely fought series, lovely sunny Saturday, game evenly poised and only 14 000 tickets sold (and fewer than that in the ground by the looks of it.)

Pakistan crumbled, as they often do, under some good pressure bowling from England.

Nice to see Australia getting their butts kicked by Sri Lanka too, although it adds to the current trend of teams winning at home. Teams fly in and have no preparation time on surfaces that are different to the ones they have learned on and only very experienced players or great players seem to be able to handle this.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

The 2nd WI v India test in Jamaica a few days ago was an interesting one. WI were 48/4 in their 2nd innnings at lunch on day 4, still more than 300 behind India. Fortunately for them, the rest of day 4 was lost to rain, but their middle order then managed to bat through the whole of the final day, finishing on 388/6, to get the draw, with off-spinner Roston Chase on 137 not out (he also took 5 wickets in India's innings.) India 1-0 up in the series.

It seems a bit of an oddity for a test to go to the final session on day 5 these days.

This latest test v pakistan was most intriguing with all three results possible at the begining of day 5.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

It seems a bit of an oddity for a test to go to the final session on day 5 these days.

This latest test v pakistan was most intriguing with all three results possible at the begining of day 5.

Good news for the ECB and Warwickshire CC that's for sure.

Bonuses all round for the ground staff!

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Archived