28 May: SL: Hull FC v St Helens KO 3pm

Who will win?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Draw
    • St Helens

Surprised and disappointed nobody's answered to this.

Hull and Saints play for the Steve Prescott Trophy every year, the team that wins by the biggest aggregate score of the two rounds wins it.

Hull always have a "Party in the park" before their home game and this year it was arranged for today. It's hopefully to encourage as many Saints fans across as possible to come across and raise funds for the Steve Prescott Foundation.

Hopefully, the wendyball game wouldn't have detracted too much from the efforts today.

Decent crowd of over 11,000 today so the soccer seems to have had a negligible impact. Good to see so many stay behind for the presentation of the Steve Prescott trophy too.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The flicked pass from Watts? Be interesting to see it again because it looked an absolute peach from where I was sitting. I didn't think there was even a hint of a forward pass about it.

I'll go with you mate seeing as I was around 80m away.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Hull have better players and are playing the better rugby, they should win.

The one doubt though is there's a new kind of pressure on us now. It's one thing people tipping you to make a final, but now we are top and people are genuinely starting to believe the pressure cranks up a notch. We wobbled against Rovers but got the job done, how will we fare in front of an expectant crowd with the league league leaders tag for the first time in a generation (this deep into a season) against a decent team.

If Hull can come away with a routine win then I will really start to believe a trophy is on the cards.

Well the Clive Sullivan and Steve Prescott trophies are in the bag,

I'm guessing that's not quite what you meant though.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Danny Washbrook in after catching a short drop out and being "tackled" by Jordan Turner.

30-24.

If you get chance, watch this on the highlights when it becomes available.

There was around 3 minutes left when Saints dropped out from under their own sticks and they were only two points behind. Fair play to try and get possession back but even if they'd hoofed it right downfield, they would have had at least one more set. 

Washbrook caught the drop out around 30m from the Saints' line with his back to them. Turner nailed him almost immediately but then, simply fell off the tackle and Washbrook had a clear run to the line.

Watching it made me wonder if that one incident summed up Saints' season.

Going back to the reason the game was played yesterday, there's a lovely photo on the SL website of Steve Prescott's sons Taylor and Koby presenting Hull captain Gareth Ellis with the Steve Prescott Cup, although Taylor looks a bit more enthusiastic than his younger brother, possibly due to the the respective shirts they're wearing.  :biggrin:

Penalty count was 12-2 in Hulls favour. I knew it was big but didn't realise how big. Hull did their best to offset it with a 17-12 error count though, and I'm not sure if that includes the one where we got pushed off the scrum.

Penalty count was 12-2 in Hulls favour. I knew it was big but didn't realise how big. Hull did their best to offset it with a 17-12 error count though, and I'm not sure if that includes the one where we got pushed off the scrum.

Jeez, I'd forgotten about that. Along with all the errors and generally uninspiring play it was amazing that we won. I couldn't help but wonder if Pryce was replaced by Tuimavave a bit too quickly. I know Carlos mad s big impact when introduced off the bench last week but Pryce's experience is a big thing to lose and I thought that showed yesterday. Pryce back at off half and Tuimavave back at left centre for the Widnes' home game on Friday is how I'd go.

Jeez, I'd forgotten about that. Along with all the errors and generally uninspiring play it was amazing that we won. I couldn't help but wonder if Pryce was replaced by Tuimavave a bit too quickly. I know Carlos mad s big impact when introduced off the bench last week but Pryce's experience is a big thing to lose and I thought that showed yesterday. Pryce back at off half and Tuimavave back at left centre for the Widnes' home game on Friday is how I'd go.

The fact we put so much ball down and still scored 32 points shows what a lethal attacking team we can be at times. Two disallowed aswell (not saying they were the wrong calls, I didn't have a good view of either).

I was pretty happy with Carlos again actually. He scored a try with not much on when we were behind, lovely reverse kick for Taylor's try, and was it him that put Fonua in aswell? His backing up of Sneyd at the end of the first half also earned us a penalty which proved to be important. He also threw another awesome cut out ball to Yeaman in the first half which would have resulted in another try, but Yeaman butchered the pass to Talanoa.

We put down too much ball to allow him to do his stuff often enough in good areas, but he made a good contribution again imo. We are more all action when he plays, Pryce often favours the percentage plays. There's a time and a place for both, it depends on your preference.

Surprised and disappointed nobody's answered to this.

Hull and Saints play for the Steve Prescott Trophy every year, the team that wins by the biggest aggregate score of the two rounds wins it.

Hull always have a "Party in the park" before their home game and this year it was arranged for today. It's hopefully to encourage as many Saints fans across as possible to come across and raise funds for the Steve Prescott Foundation.

Hopefully, the wendyball game wouldn't have detracted too much from the efforts today.

That's great, really good idea. Shame it clashed with football but you couldn't really foresee that and sounds like it didn't impact too much.

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

The flicked pass from Watts? Be interesting to see it again because it looked an absolute peach from where I was sitting. I didn't think there was even a hint of a forward pass about it.

Profuse apologies to Liam Watts, as you said, it was a peach of a pass and never even looked anywhere near forward or even flat.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/rugby-league/10297886/hull-fc-32-24-st-helens

Which muppet suggested it did?  :rolleyes:  :blush:

There was around 3 minutes left when Saints dropped out from under their own sticks and they were only two points behind. Fair play to try and get possession back but even if they'd hoofed it right downfield, they would have had at least one more set. 

Washbrook caught the drop out around 30m from the Saints' line with his back to them. Turner nailed him almost immediately but then, simply fell off the tackle and Washbrook had a clear run to the line.

Watching it made me wonder if that one incident summed up Saints' season.

No that just sums up Jordan Turner, slow, lazy, overweight and error prone !

If Percival was fit Turner would still be playing Reserves footy where he belongs.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Welcome back mate, you been away?

Archived