Leigh game

andyram

Just want to say how sporting you're players were staying on the pitch to watch us lift the shield and you're' a credit to rugby league fans and players alike.

Just want to say how sporting you're players were staying on the pitch to watch us lift the shield and you're' a credit to rugby league fans and players alike.

Nice to see the Leigh fans thanking the club and fans , it's a small comfort after being nilled mind.

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

Can't understand what either Glover or both the Delaney's have done wrong.

Would be a great shame if they left the club, but wouldn't blame them for going.

Cant say I have seen much to get over excited about with the Delaneys ... but Glover has just about everything, apart from pace .... reminds me of Nigel Stephenson .... he didn't do too bad for a slow un!! ( us over 60s will remember it ... young lads ask your dads!!)

Nice to see the Leigh fans thanking the club and fans , it's a small comfort after being nilled mind.

It's how we saw it mate, good luck for the future great team and great fans.

I cannot believe Rams supporters aren't asking for Morrisons head, he has clearly lost the dressing room, doesn't know his best 17 and to be nilled for the second time this season should really be the last straw.

A lot of you blame budget for our current crisis, and I do understand it is a major factor but I fail to use that as an excuse especially when you see Batley and fev in the top 4. Kear said he had a budget of £150k this season - £75k less than us. What's the reason/excuse for them excelling then? Budget? nope, good coaching, positive culture at the club and same stands for Fev too. Batley's performances are setting them up for the next 3/4 seasons. Mid way through the season they were re-signing up their best players, Alex Rowe, Reittie, James Brown etc. While we were losing grip on the likes of Grant, Grady and Farrell - for whom will be confirmed as a Batley player after the eights.

We have zero creativity through the lack of half backs and our front row forwards could be some of the weakest in the league. Batley have Rowe, Brown, Lillycrop and Hirst, we started the season with Hepworth (too old), Tonks (injured), Groat (not lived upto expectations) and Trout (a league one standard second rower) the first too out of GMs hands, the second too purely his fault.

It's complete mismanagement from top to bottom. You can all blow the same trumpet and say players have left before etc etc but the current structure means the gap between clubs is getting bigger and bigger and when teams like Batley also start getting away from us that's when we should accept things are bad and prompt change. You can either complain about the RFL and the money being spent elsewhere or do something about it. I suggest that starts with Morrison out.

I didn't go to the match.But is a 58-0 defeat away to Leigh acceptable, i don't think so.

If half the team or more are leaving,that's one of the reasons for such  a big loss.

The Goulding addition is a odd one.Was he assessed as to his form? He didn't look any better than when he played 

for us a few years ago.I think Brad Delaney is miles better.But what is the story with him.Has he gone to sunnier climes of thornhill or such teams? 

I cannot believe Rams supporters aren't asking for Morrisons head, he has clearly lost the dressing room, doesn't know his best 17 and to be nilled for the second time this season should really be the last straw.

A lot of you blame budget for our current crisis, and I do understand it is a major factor but I fail to use that as an excuse especially when you see Batley and fev in the top 4. Kear said he had a budget of £150k this season - £75k less than us. What's the reason/excuse for them excelling then? Budget? nope, good coaching, positive culture at the club and same stands for Fev too. Batley's performances are setting them up for the next 3/4 seasons. Mid way through the season they were re-signing up their best players, Alex Rowe, Reittie, James Brown etc. While we were losing grip on the likes of Grant, Grady and Farrell - for whom will be confirmed as a Batley player after the eights.

We have zero creativity through the lack of half backs and our front row forwards could be some of the weakest in the league. Batley have Rowe, Brown, Lillycrop and Hirst, we started the season with Hepworth (too old), Tonks (injured), Groat (not lived upto expectations) and Trout (a league one standard second rower) the first too out of GMs hands, the second too purely his fault.

It's complete mismanagement from top to bottom. You can all blow the same trumpet and say players have left before etc etc but the current structure means the gap between clubs is getting bigger and bigger and when teams like Batley also start getting away from us that's when we should accept things are bad and prompt change. You can either complain about the RFL and the money being spent elsewhere or do something about it. I suggest that starts with Morrison out.

Think this is a fair post and sums up the feelings of most supporters at the minute. No point hiding behind the truth

The next seven games are the ones where GM should show us whether he is really a good coach or just a half-decent ex-player with good PR.

We are still in a relegation battle, in case anyone hasn't noticed and in all sporting walks of life calling for (or even getting) a change of coach at this stage never ends well. Neither do I believe that complacency is reigning amongst our directors at present but the priority must be survival.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Fev gambled financially, went DR, paid off a Winding up order at the 11th hour in the last couple of weeks, probably out of the Chairman's pocket and just made the top 4. How much of this money Mark Campbell will want back is anyone's guess, according to their forum, he wants out. And to be clear, a winding up order is just that, they were on the brink of folding. I can't fault MS approach.

Halifax had accumulated debts of nearly £900,000 at the end of 2014, so who knows what they will do.

And Bradford will be in a real mess financially by missing out on the top 4.

Batley didn't bother with reserves, went DR, signed some good players and didn't suffer an ongoing injury crisis. And good luck to them, but they were coached by the same bloke many of their fans were asking to be replaced last season. They have had a remarkable season, whether they will be able to repeat it again next season is another question. I hope they do.

We need to go DR as it means you can get away with a smaller squad, not bother with reserves, make sure our playmaker is not on a season long sorry few weeks long loan, avoid an injury crisis. But some of GMs selections and tactics have been a bit puzzling to me, but then I'm not privy to all that goes on. But as someone says the next few weeks will show whether GM is able to motivate the team to keep us up. I think we will do it.

I hate dual reg, and Fev have abused the system but Jon Sharp has made some changes in recent weeks and that has worked - sign of a good coach who is willing to drop players who have just got a little too comfy.

One of the problems I have with the club and some of the fans is that if GM has a good run in the eights he will be best thing since slice bread and we will probably offer him a ten year contract. He had one 'good' run against the weaker teams in the league and was offered a new contract. Meaning we may have to pay him out if we do give him the boot.

You mention Batley last season but the difference between them then and us now is yes they had no half backs (like us) but were only just losing to teams, they lost a lot of games by 10 or less. We are getting nilled. I would rather lose a game 100-6 than get nilled. It says so much about the players and coaching staff when there's a big fat zero next to your name.

Batley have used dual reg perfectly, I can only think of Minikin and Mariano coming in (could be wrong) and that was down to injury - perfect and how it should be used. Some may say no different to us bringing in Walshaw and Etu.

Like my previous post said, we can ride the RFL and dual reg wave or complain and moan and sit cosy in league one.

Let's be clear about this - Championship clubs don't use DR, SL clubs do. It is designed entirely for their benefit and if the junior partner happens to benefit as well then all fine and dandy, if not tough. It is easy to cite those clubs who have succeeded and say that DR was the cause but what about all of the other clubs who also used DR and still failed.

We made a simple but genuine mistake this year of running the second team. This decision was universally popular and welcomed by the supporters but, when it started to turn sour due to no fault of the club's, some fans started turning around saying it was a massive mistake that should never have happened. Sport is like that - clubs make judgments, some of which depend upon a bit of luck but most of which are calculated. Sadly, calculations sometimes go wrong.

It is easy to be supportive and enthusiastic when things are going well, the tricky bit is sticking with it when they aren't.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

BSJ Featherstone Rovers abused it just as much as the Rhinos. They sent players to Hunslet (a winger and a forward) and then got players from Leeds in them positions. They claim to have give James Duckworth a shot in the championship but to my knowledge has played one game.

Having the second team was a popular decision at the time like you say but many did raise the alarm of not having a half back of our own at the same time, we don't have a bottomless pit and in the eyes of many we chose a second team over quality players for the first team - the latter should always have been the priority and if funds allowed a reserves then fantastic.

I don't believe Morrison is a hype job and just think he has outstayed his welcome and it happens to many coaches at clubs. His impact and tactical nous with the team has dwindled at the speed of light season to season and I would fear him being at the helm at the start of the next season. I also don't want to see Goulding playing for us again but that's a totally different kettle of fish.

IMO It was GM's reluctance to use any of the 2nd team players in the 1st team squad, rather than than the actual 2nds v DR decision, that has left supporters miffed.

I don't think anyone's argued 2nds vs DR. It more of a case of not getting results vs change.

We wanted more Teanbys coming through, but it got to a point where that wasn't happening and seeing others using DR and getting results really got me miffed.

DR allows you to save money, you don't need as big a squad, as if there is an injury crisis, you can call on the SL club. Also DR players will probably be a better player than a reserve. You only pay for a player when you need him.

Im not sure that's true. If there is an injury crisis you are relying on the SL having the quality and player in the right position available and wanting to come. Plenty of posts across all the forums here of supporters posting when it goes wrong. Compared to a reserve team it gives you a different set of problems.

Next season I imagine there will be no reserve teams at all in the championship which leaves the club with a dilemma. To DR or not DR ?

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

Archived