Ideas for the shirt for 2017

andyram

I think the biggest benefit to selling replica shirts is marketing for the club and it's sponsors. In an ideal world you need a shirt which is smart enough for people to wear other than for match days. The newer style of man made material shirts is not really smart enough to where for going out. The old heavy cotton ones were to some degree, you would often see people wearing them whilst out shopping or in bars etc. and you could see people out and about in them during the week. The more people see your brand the more likely they are to support it. It makes you wonder just how many of the general population of either batley or Dewsbury would actually recognise the shirt of either club if they saw them being warn in tescos these days. Maybe that could be the key to getting more supporters. Maybe rather than spending lots of money advertising games, subsidise shirts and get people especially the kids wearing them out and about, rather than Man United or Barcelona kits to play out in. That would be the best form of advertising I could think of, at least it would keep the brand in people's minds.

very good point you've made .. In that case we need a shirt what is appealing to all generations though.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dog father everything you say is valid but it's all very easy to say and stating the obvious. Replica shirts is branding you're right but you are relying on supporters buying into the system and at £40-£50 it's not the most cost effective way - especially if you do not like the shirt.

This replica shirts discussion has no right or wrong answer IMO and is a formula based on your own opinion.

Design of shirt x Cost of shirt and value for money x Success of club x Personal budget

It could go on and on ....

Sorry BSJ not trying to shoot you down btw.

No problem at all DF. That's what this thread is about after all.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Dog father everything you say is valid but it's all very easy to say and stating the obvious. Replica shirts is branding you're right but you are relying on supporters buying into the system and at £40-£50 it's not the most cost effective way - especially if you do not like the shirt.

This replica shirts discussion has no right or wrong answer IMO and is a formula based on your own opinion.

Design of shirt x Cost of shirt and value for money x Success of club x Personal budget

It could go on and on ....

At the end of the day it is a commercial decision by the club. It would be interesting to know if there is any data available for the numbers of shirts and other leisure wear that we have sold over the past five years, for example. Only then could it be seen if they are flogging a dead horse.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Perhaps offer shirts as part of the package with a season ticket. Rather than just replica shirts, maybe offer them with kids season tickets for £20, make them available for Xmas, £20 for a Xmas present of a shirt as something to open on the day and entry to all games in a season for £20 is still outstanding value for money. How about offering polo shirts with adults tickets as they tend to be smarter and more suitable for older fans to wear whilst out and about day to day. Make them in the clubs traditional colours with club branding etc. If they were just included in the cost of season tickets as a kind of reward/bonus/thanks from the club for being a season ticket holder and being a loyal fan. I reckon the shirts wouldn't cost much more than £10 each to make for a run of 200 and then you have 200 mini advertising boards out in the world every time the shirt is worn. How many people would notice/feel £10 on the cost of a season ticket? It might also help sell season tickets as the shirts could be exclusive to season ticket holders only and offer a kind of prestige factor. I'm no tax expert but could the cost also be written off against tax too, so it might not even cost the club £10 in real terms?

BSJ there certainly is a way of looking at how many shirts and items of leisurewear are sold. Of course these figures can't be released.

James

Rams Scoreboard/Facebook/Twitter/Occasional announcer/Teamsheets and much more!

Also, play in a classic rock and metal covers band www.justicerising.co.uk

Ok how about some cold hard straight to the point Yorkshire talking.

Is it the shirts that have been unappealing??

Is it they've been of poor quality??

Are folk fed up of stumping up £40 for something they've half a dozen of in the wardrobe??

If new shirts are going to.cause a loss..don't produce a replica and knock out a special collectors shirt every couple of seasons.

You can please some people some of the time

But you can't please everybody every time ;)

BSJ there certainly is a way of looking at how many shirts and items of leisurewear are sold. Of course these figures can't be released.

Of course, and the fans shouldn't expect to participate in the club's commercial decisions. However, if we are to be gently chided about our lack of enthusiasm in buying the shirt I would expect those who are making such commercial decisions to do so on a proper objective basis, and not an emotional one.

Please don't tell me we spent money in sending our head coach to Italy on a supplier finding mission?

;)

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

I heard that james delaney and pryce carried his luggage though

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

;)

Might have already been out there - wonder if the Italian national coaching post is coming up for grabs.  :angel:

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Please don't tell me we spent money in sending our head coach to Italy on a supplier finding mission?

And he thought that he was going to Mallorca, I bet.

:tongue:

What about "carry on getting shirty"

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

Hope piggy has a good time in Sidney :)

Yes I did and he said to say hi :curtsey:

Archived