Sheffield Eagles

moorside roughyed

When Dave posts the video of the game show me all the wrong decisions from the ref.

Today's game was terrible the refereeing was appalling how can you send of lepori but not do the same to the Sheffield player, how could he not see the knock on that went about two yards forward from Sheffields cross field kick that resulted in a try, how could he not give benefit of the doubt when wardy touched down under the posts, every time we had a scrum near enough Sheffield were either offside or broke of early he just reset the scrum rather than giving us a penalty then we do it once and he gives a penalty.

Motm: Burke or Owen

Todays performance was poor. 12-0 up after 15 mins and the wheels fell off. Can't single out anyone but collectively we were useless. No pride,no heart. When we threw the ball about we scored. Bad game plan,bad team selection. Referees have the devils own job but we don't help ourselves sometimes with knock ons and silly decisions in crucial passages of play. Lepori isn't usually a player who reacts like that, something clearly riled him. Why did the Sheffield player who was called over not get at least a yellow then? Shocking performance, worse than Bradford imho. Hope the Sheffield lad is ok after a nasty looking injury. See the usual suspects at Fax. Up the Yeds!

Don't go as often as I should but can anyone tell me why, after two rave reviews Turner has been left out. Everyone seems to be pleased that Chisholm has signed for another season but on today evidence he dropped a lot of ball and seemed to run sideways instead of forwards. Surely after Turners recent games he should have been on the team sheet before Chisholm. I left the ground early due to the long delay over the Sheffield players injury. It looked nasty and I hope he is OK. In consequence I missed Oldhams last two tries and have come away deeply disappointed having looked forward to the game for some time.

Don't go as often as I should but can anyone tell me why, after two rave reviews Turner has been left out. Everyone seems to be pleased that Chisholm has signed for another season but on today evidence he dropped a lot of ball and seemed to run sideways instead of forwards. Surely after Turners recent games he should have been on the team sheet before Chisholm. I left the ground early due to the long delay over the Sheffield players injury. It looked nasty and I hope he is OK. In consequence I missed Oldhams last two tries and have come away deeply disappointed having looked forward to the game for some time.

think turner had prior arrangements from before he signed for us for this weekend

Todays performance was poor. 12-0 up after 15 mins and the wheels fell off. Can't single out anyone but collectively we were useless. No pride,no heart. When we threw the ball about we scored. Bad game plan,bad team selection. Referees have the devils own job but we don't help ourselves sometimes with knock ons and silly decisions in crucial passages of play. Lepori isn't usually a player who reacts like that, something clearly riled him. Why did the Sheffield player who was called over not get at least a yellow then? Shocking performance, worse than Bradford imho. Hope the Sheffield lad is ok after a nasty looking injury. See the usual suspects at Fax. Up the Yeds!

Can't compare with Bradford because i wasn't there but some lads really looked up for it and others looked poor. I honestly thought that until the sending off we could have won. But after Lippys sending off we seemed to lack organisation and ideas. bad team selection? no pride? No heart? You sound like one of the Yed beaters you usually criticise! Without the sending off we would have been very close to winning. Can't wait to see the video this week because in my opinion the ref was far worse than the players you are ripping to bits. Has someone got onto your account?

Two weeks on the run served up absolute rubbish. Complacency has set in no matter what, at 12-0 up we looked up for it and then..... nothing. The club think the job has been done as confirmed by the statement on FB this morning,saying they are quietly confident of staying up. Yes bad team selection,no Joy,Hughes,Hope. Kenny would have speeded up the ruck and distribution. Two weeks on the run the players have let themselves and us down with abject performances. An aggregate scoreline in two matches of 134-24 doesn't make great reading, its a good job we already had points on the board to survive or else it could look a lot worse. The players deserve criticism every now and again and its not often I do but the last two performance,rubbish ref or not have not been up to the standard we have been used to.

Agreed,when me and my son saw Kenny Hughes as water carrier we thought "yeah right!". How come after being 12 nil up that happens. Complacency has definitely set in,until we are mathematically safe " we are not safe" the players should know this and should be switched on every game.After 12 nil I couldn't believe my eyes.

I assume that he had a pre-booked longstanding arrangement made when he was a Crusader's player - and they were scheduled to have no game Bank Holiday weekend.

Lepori punched Knowles 5 or 6 times and Knowles didn't throw any. Why should he be sent off for getting punched? Worrincy knocked the ball back and then it bounced forward into the in goal. Wardy clearly didn't ground the ball.

I couldn't see from where i was but what inflamed Lepori? I know he can be a bit fiery but something seemed to incite his actions. I know he'll get no sympathy for taking the law into his own hands but something wound him up. 

I think Lepori was just fired up because Sheffield were carving us up and he seemed the only one interested in tackling them and he was actually having a stormer before the card. There was a bit of niggle at the play the ball so I imagine Knowles pushed him or said something.

Two weeks on the run served up absolute rubbish. Complacency has set in no matter what, at 12-0 up we looked up for it and then..... nothing. The club think the job has been done as confirmed by the statement on FB this morning,saying they are quietly confident of staying up. Yes bad team selection,no Joy,Hughes,Hope. Kenny would have speeded up the ruck and distribution. Two weeks on the run the players have let themselves and us down with abject performances. An aggregate scoreline in two matches of 134-24 doesn't make great reading, its a good job we already had points on the board to survive or else it could look a lot worse. The players deserve criticism every now and again and its not often I do but the last two performance,rubbish ref or not have not been up to the standard we have been used to.

Can't disagree with that. All I would say with regards to team selecton is that it is easy from the stands, especially after the game, but Scott must have had his reasons and having finally got us promoted and being a point away from defying all the odds and staying up I can't criticise too much.

chappy

Archived