2016 NRL Finals - Week 3 - MATCH THREAD

I wouldn't be all that surprised if Ricky Stuart was shopping for a new winger in the off-season.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair and not taking from Sharks, I'd say Raiders were the form team and looked dangerous and confident in that first half.

Their copping of penalties cost them a lot as did Wighton 10 minutes.

They could have snatched that with a little more composure/luck.

A lot of big game players on the park next weekend.

Storm had to react to a very mobile, big attack today. Probably a good warm up for the game in prospect against Sharks.

Shamelessly nicked from The World's only Roy Haggerty Web Page, I really felt sorry for Edrick Lee as he had such a bad day, I mean it was so bad that at full time he realised how bad he'd been and put his head in his hands... and knocked it on.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Yes, he did.

Replay did show it. I wondered first time round though.

i disagree, I don't think it touched the ground at all. That's the game though. Sometimes you just don't agree, even when watching the same footage. Why referees deserve a little more slack in most circumstances

Interesting double for Tyrone McCarthy, ex-Wire and HKRer. After Illawarra Cutters won the GF today, beating Mounties 21-20, McCarthy has now won the NSW Cup and the Qld Cup. Same double for Illawarra Coach, ex-Wakefielder, Jason Demetriou, who coached Northern Pride, including McCarthy, to the 2014 crown. Cutters #6 Shaun Nona also played in both winning teams.

i disagree, I don't think it touched the ground at all. That's the game though. Sometimes you just don't agree, even when watching the same footage. Why referees deserve a little more slack in most circumstances

It touched the ground even the Cronulla biased Ch9 commentators didn't raise it as an issue

If you like old type radio comedy/drama's etc listen to http://pumpkinfm.com/

That must be the best run of attendances for Storm.

I wonder what led to that this year.  Obviously the club in good.  But it's been great in the past and probably more fun to watch with a healthy Slater.  Maybe has to do with the lack of success of the Melbourne AFL teams this year.

Andrew Johns thinks Melbourne were "lucky" to win. I guess Cronulla were not lucky to play a mentally and Physically drained Cowboys side. Or that Johns is not lucky to be an alleged immortal, despite being drugged up most of the time and things kept secret, so he wasnt facing a ban. 

Seems like the Refs made a mistake with the Blair try and the kick was taken 10 or so metres wider than it should have been. Cam Smith saying he will make note of such things in the final! Its put who will be the Refs in to discussion as usual. But Cummins and Checchin will be the Refs.

Slater should never be considered for the GF even if fully fit. Just would send the wrong message out. Hope he has fully recovered as sad to see players who were once out of this world being a burden for the team.

Andrew "No Brains" Fifita again instead of concentrating on his job, proudly boasting about supporting a killer in a public manner to the press!  I understand the loyalty aspect and helping his friend etc. But he could be a bit more intelligent about it and not drag his Club and the Game in to the gutter. Such idiots who drag the game in to the gutter and are seemingly proud of it do so much damage to the game and think nothing of it. Why could he not just visit his "mate" in prison and be there for him instead of making this ridiculous show. I am sure the victims family really love all the attention!

I wonder what led to that this year.  Obviously the club in good.  But it's been great in the past and probably more fun to watch with a healthy Slater.  Maybe has to do with the lack of success of the Melbourne AFL teams this year.

A couple of weekends there was no AFL on show and they offered big discounts to all AFL season ticket holders, plus the Storm have heavily promoted the game around the city with Steeden etc. 

A couple of weekends there was no AFL on show and they offered big discounts to all AFL season ticket holders, plus the Storm have heavily promoted the game around the city with Steeden etc. 

Busting through that Barassi line!  Bout time with the inroads AFL has made in Sydney.

Andrew Johns thinks Melbourne were "lucky" to win. I guess Cronulla were not lucky to play a mentally and Physically drained Cowboys side. Or that Johns is not lucky to be an alleged immortal, despite being drugged up most of the time and things kept secret

jeez Lizzie, Johns really gets to you with his honest assessments of a fixture doesn't he.

He is not - an alleged Immortal, he is - an Immortal.

Sharks weren't lucky to play the Cowboys, they earned it.

Archived