Forum Shirt Sponsorship

distantdog

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Just to say I will be handing the money over this Sunday! I have asked for James Harrison, but personally I do not mind. I quite like our short tradition of sponsoring those players who may be new to the club and might not be everyone's first choice to sponsor. When decided, I will inform everyone via here! If you have not paid your contribution, I will be in the lounge before the match!

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update on the shirt sponsorship.

We have James Harrison this season, who has played in both league matches so far. 

The draw for the shirts of Alex Bretherton and Harrison from last season was made in the lounge before the match. The names of those who contributed to the sponsorship for 2016 season were placed into a hat (a bobble hat of course) and drawn out. The draw was witnessed and made by two other forum members who were present!

The successful contributors were Redditchbulldog and Thomas Walker. As yet I have not been given the shirts by the club but will hopefully be given them next week.

As an aside, I noticed in the programme that Alex Bretherton is not being sponsored as yet. Does anyone fancy just a quick whip round next Sunday to see if we can raise enough to sponsor him? I am happy to put in some money and will bring it down next Sunday! Any takers?

As this is probably Bretherton's last season it would be a nice gesture to be sponsored by the fans imo and for 20 quid or so to own a piece of one of our loyal players who must feel every bump and bruise on Monday but still puts his hand up should have a sponsor 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

43 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

As this is probably Bretherton's last season it would be a nice gesture to be sponsored by the fans imo and for 20 quid or so to own a piece of one of our loyal players who must feel every bump and bruise on Monday but still puts his hand up should have a sponsor 

I agree. However, on the match team list it said 'to be announced' so there may be someone in the pipeline to sponsor him. Perhaps I should get in touch with PH to see the current state of play! Or maybe Roger, as he seems to have a direct line through to him!

Allow there gang I have heard back from Paul Harrison, unfortunately Alex Bretherton as been sponsored now before us, I have let Distantdog know.

Cheers Roger.

Archived