Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GMcK

19 man squad for tomorrow

That will have been hambley. Shane you can only name 4 subs. I'm struggling to decide who I would leave out? The trialists need to play really but it's a question of who is left out? 

you would think mewse and reid and milburn will be playing a part as its their final game to secure a deal so mewse being a winger and rooke not in it will mean either hambley or chamberlain on the other wing ?

38 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

you would think mewse and reid and milburn will be playing a part as its their final game to secure a deal so mewse being a winger and rooke not in it will mean either hambley or chamberlain on the other wing ?

Perhaps so, but would that represent our best team and our best chance of progressing? 

It's a cup game with a prize that's well within reach , not many rounds to reach final and financially in our interests so I'd expect us to not tinker too much. I'd love another trip to Blackpool tbh. Great day out bar result last year. 

there is enough there to get town over the line , my only concern is the recre swamp after all this rain , a big leveller when we have so much flair and speed advantage .

I'd go 

Ritson, Chamberlain,Davies, Hambley,Mewse,Forber, Callum, Scholey, Dowsett, coward,Brett,Milburn,Howarth.

Doran,Joseph, Reid, Shelford.

Leave out Singleton and Curwen only because they've already proved that they're going to be able to cut it. 

What's everyone else think? 

At a push, I think I'd rest coward and singleton. Singleton nothing to prove, and coward the more rest the better due to his age??? Howarth and joseph could do with the game time to get sharp. I agree that it should still be enough to get a win.

Wouldn't leave Kris out - I spoke with him just before the season kicked off and he was champing at the bit. This is his Testimonial year and he showed just how much he still has to offer against the Jam a fortnight ago. Nowt like a motivated local to lift you in a Derby. 

Tomorrow has to be a win game to go for with the strongest team out available, especially with the cash on offer if we progress,

Team for today is...

1. Ritson
  2. Hambley
  3. Davies
  4. Chamberlain
  5. Mewse
  6. Forber
  7. Howarth
  8. Curwen
  9. Phillips
  10. Scholey
  11. Phillips
  12. Joseph
  13. Singleton
  14. Doran
  15. Dowsett
  16. Coward
  17. Shelford

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

40 min delay to the ko. Heard a haven fan saying it's to do with a strip clash. You couldn't make it up. Looking at the field they'll all be covered in mud after 10 mins anyway!

1 minute ago, Town0682 said:

40 min delay to the ko. Heard a haven fan saying it's to do with a strip clash. You couldn't make it up. Looking at the field they'll all be covered in mud after 10 mins anyway!

Not got the correct drugs in the cupboard and some are out of date - what a joke !!! apparently Adrenalin is missing...........