Round 4 Match Thread - NRL 2017

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Titans right back in the game, after a slow start.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Gideon Gela-Mosby scores on his NRL debut.

Titans 12:14 Cowboys.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Kalyn Ponga goes over now.

12:20 at HT.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Craig Bellamy has trimmed his squad to 19 players ahead of Storm's clash against Wests Tigers on Sunday.

Storm prop Jordan McLean will not make the trip to Sydney due to a calf injury, meaning Tim Glasby will move into the starting prop rotation alongside Jesse Bromwich.

Young playmaker Brodie Croft is the other who drops out of the initial extended squad named on Tuesday.

Hess barges through about four tacklers to score for the Cowboys.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

9 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Hess barges through about four tacklers to score for the Cowboys.

And now he's done it again! You'd be better off trying to stop a bulldozer.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Titans get one back, and now they're offloading everywhere.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tigers vs Storm

Tigers:

Tim Grant is expected to replace Aaron Woods in the starting line-up, with Junior Tatola likely to fill the vacant spot on the bench.

Matt Ballin was ruled out of the game with a foot injury thats sees Justin Hunt get his chance. Matt Ballin time frame on his recovery from the foot injury has a ‘indefinite’ tag, which does not bode well for him going forwad.

Jamal Idris played in NSW Cup so will take no part in the game.

Storm:

A calf injury has ruled out Jordan Mclean for the match against the Tigers and Tim Glasby comes off the bench to replace Mclean in the starting line-up.

Good win Cronulla. Good, controlled performance but the Eels worked hard to squander the many scoring opportunities they had. Poor control of the football.

The referees were pretty ordinary with a few baffling decisions (Maloney should have been sent to the bin, in the first half, for once) but both teams were at the receiving end (stopping play on the 5th tackle because a trainer raised his hand 50 away from the action, seriously? Can't wait another couple of seconds?).

A pet peeve of mine, and it seems the refs have given up on blowing the whistle on this, block plays. The Sharks could have been penalized at least a couple of times for obvious blocks against the Eels chasers.

Up, up Cronulla; The boys in the black, white and blue; Up, up Cronulla; Name of the Sharks fits you; Sharks, Sharks forever; Go out and play without fear; Now's the time to see good football*; For the Sharks are here!

* Subject to change

Currently playing: Gorbachev: The Fall of Communism & Swing States 2012

Archived