Bradford

jamesb0551

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Ramite said:

From the latest I'd read the company owning the Bulls HADN'T been wound up as yet. Are these quotes yours or the rfl's ? I certainly didn't see the reason as anything else that the bull's were kept up so they would have a shot back into SL. No doubt some Championship clubs management  had a few crocodile tears gutted that the Bulls fans would swell the attendances buying pies and pints.

I wonder if any of those clubs went to Leeds or Cas for those players ? Of course no club that has ever been relegated ever DR or had a player on loan.

Unfortunately life isn't much cop for either of Sundays teams support at the minute .

The company that was Bradford Bulls is in the process of liquidation which takes time in terms of dealing with all of the creditors. A new company. hence new club and entity, was formed which then bought the trademark and name of Bradford Bulls from the administrator (this was done via the RFL who stepped in on their behalf - how nice!) to keep the cost low.

The players were offered to Bradford by Leeds and Cas, not vice versa. All of this information is freely available in the public domain.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

20 hours ago, coolie said:

Just remind me again who we dual regged with before morrison?? 

Oh yeah we signed our own quality players on and created a team and coached them to the best ability of the coach

This is why we're sat bottom,no points & 13 fit players

But it's not anybodys fault 

Really? 

Try as you might Coolie you can't pin the blame for DR on Morrison. The club tried, valiantly and honorably, to progress without DR but for a host of reasons other than coaching, this strategy failed. Whilst everyone else in our league is using DR then not to do so would be foolish, however distasteful the concept.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Oh, I almost forgot:

Bradford (2017) 44 - 10 Rams

Att: 3200 (I will be absent)

40 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Try as you might Coolie you can't pin the blame for DR on Morrison. The club tried, valiantly and honorably, to progress without DR but for a host of reasons other than coaching, this strategy failed. Whilst everyone else in our league is using DR then not to do so would be foolish, however distasteful the concept.

Think you can unfortunately 

Is it be poor coincidence that the 2 teams we've connected with are both Mr wonderful's desired location's and where also linked to the head coaches positions?? 

We have had a good relationship with Leigh in the past and mark & Derek get on well

That would have been a better than Wakefield. 

1 minute ago, coolie said:

Think you can unfortunately 

Is it be poor coincidence that the 2 teams we've connected with are both Mr wonderful's desired location's and where also linked to the head coaches positions?? 

We have had a good relationship with Leigh in the past and mark & Derek get on well

That would have been a better than Wakefield. 

The DR's were chosen by MS. You may forget that we had a historically strong relationship with Bradford, stretching back much further than GM's tenure. If you aren't aware of our dealings with Wakefield over the last few years then you haven't really been paying attention. If, however, we do ever go DR with Parramatta or Balmain then I might concede the point.

I think marks pick of DR I would have thought would be influenced by the coach 

We can chew this subject over till the cows come home

But it won't improve our current plight

Were past "what if's"

And now in the realms of "oh cr.ap what we gonna do"

Where do the club draw the line of "enough is enough"??

Is it when he leaves when his contract is up at the end of the season? And we're relegated?? 

Where is the line in the sand?? 

For many fans that line was crossed end of last season with the Whitehaven at home debacle

So where do we go from here?? 

Where do we go from here ???........... As a club, heaven only knows whilst Morrison's at the helm. But I think we've all made our feelings known on that score..........As spectators / fans -- we have 2 options:

(i)We support the club in whatever way we can, back them to the hilt and offer some appreciation for what Mark Sawyer and his team are striving to achieve, support the Amber Ribbon's efforts, attending matches and shouting for the lads -- however dire the offering is,and accept DR for the necessary evil that it is (as much as it goes against the grain) IMO

(ii) We turn our backs, continue to berate anything and everything about the Rams, and basically contribute to the demise of the club we purport to love.

I know which route I'm taking..........with or without GM (hopefully as soon as poss WITHOUT)

3 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

The company that was Bradford Bulls is in the process of liquidation which takes time in terms of dealing with all of the creditors. A new company. hence new club and entity, was formed which then bought the trademark and name of Bradford Bulls from the administrator (this was done via the RFL who stepped in on their behalf - how nice!) to keep the cost low.

The players were offered to Bradford by Leeds and Cas, not vice versa. All of this information is freely available in the public domain.

So the previous co has or hasn't been wound up ? The rfl helping its member clubs , well what a turn up !

I did read that those clubs had offered these players,  I hadn't suggested otherwise.

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

12-14 at ht , not something I would have thought would be.

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

6 minutes ago, Ramite said:

So the previous co has or hasn't been wound up ? The rfl helping its member clubs , well what a turn up !

I did read that those clubs had offered these players,  I hadn't suggested otherwise.

You said "Not sure why they shouldn't have been loaned if Bradford managed to convince these clubs to send them out. Is that your quote or Leeds and Cas' s ?", which implied the approach came from Bradford.

The previous business went into liquidation and the process of that liquidation is still ongoing, which is quite normal in such cases. The new company that currently operates the club known as Bradford Bulls is an entirely new company with no rights to the assets nor liabilities from the previous club. This included the playing contracts of their players. As a new club it should have gone into C1 but the RFL decided otherwise.

So its not been wound upas yet as you suggested ? I don't know the exact legal situation of what happened with the Bulls contracts and I doubt we will but I imagine the players contracts where null and void when Bradford went into administration then just resigned for the new club . I assume this was legal and nothing to stop the players doing this.

"Should have " is this going by rfl operational rules , morally , practically , or by BSJ rules ? 

[

6 minutes ago, Ramite said:

So its not been wound upas yet as you suggested ? I don't know the exact legal situation of what happened with the Bulls contracts and I doubt we will but I imagine the players contracts where null and void when Bradford went into administration then just resigned for the new club . I assume this was legal and nothing to stop the players doing this.

"Should have " is this going by rfl operational rules , morally , practically , or by BSJ rules ? 

I can nitpick as much as the next man but you seem determined to win the prize. No, technically the old Bradford Bulls company has not yet been dissolved. Nor has BHS, but it is about as relevant to the discussion.

"Should have" is along the same lines that the new entrants of Toulouse and Toronto had to start in the bottom division, so the new entrants of Bradford Bulls "should have" been subject to the same requirements. Do you think otherwise?

A poor second half at Odsal according to R Leeds. I await the report from one of the diminishing army who attended.

Looks like bottom place will be ours before long.

9 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

I can nitpick as much as the next man but you seem determined to win the prize. No, technically the old Bradford Bulls company has not yet been dissolved. Nor has BHS, but it is about as relevant to the discussion.

"Should have" is along the same lines that the new entrants of Toulouse and Toronto had to start in the bottom division, so the new entrants of Bradford Bulls "should have" been subject to the same requirements. Do you think otherwise?

I think it was too late in the season to move Bradford down a division from a practical sense and would have meant a lopsided division. From a Dewsbury point of view those travelling supporters are very welcome to buy pints , pies and anything else . We often here how little the budget is at Dewsbury without them it would have been even smaller. 

[

2 minutes ago, Ramite said:

I think it was too late in the season to move Bradford down a division from a practical sense and would have meant a lopsided division. From a Dewsbury point of view those travelling supporters are very welcome to buy pints , pies and anything else . We often here how little the budget is at Dewsbury without them it would have been even smaller. 

So if they had winked up a month earlier they should have played in C1?

No still not enough time.

[

13 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

A poor second half at Odsal according to R Leeds. I await the report from one of the diminishing army who attended.

Looks like bottom place will be ours before long.

Yes totally collapsed in the second half it looks like, very disappointing.

[

3 hours ago, Therein73 said:

Where do we go from here ???........... As a club, heaven only knows whilst Morrison's at the helm. But I think we've all made our feelings known on that score..........As spectators / fans -- we have 2 options:

(i)We support the club in whatever way we can, back them to the hilt and offer some appreciation for what Mark Sawyer and his team are striving to achieve, support the Amber Ribbon's efforts, attending matches and shouting for the lads -- however dire the offering is,and accept DR for the necessary evil that it is (as much as it goes against the grain) IMO

(ii) We turn our backs, continue to berate anything and everything about the Rams, and basically contribute to the demise of the club we purport to love.

I know which route I'm taking..........with or without GM (hopefully as soon as poss WITHOUT)

Fans have had enough 

When Ady marsh his slipping his life jacket on.. We're in bother 

Longer it's left the more damage is done,if it was on a race course we'd be calling the vet and his gun

We know the problem and that is morrison.. I'd rather us walk off a cliff fighting,than driven off a cliff for purely the fact of who can hold their breath the most and the pursuit of money

Integrity & discretion don't seem to be in too much abundance down under. 

that game was ours at half time! We were murdering them down the middle.What do we do,try playing out wide.hence the result.Morrison has not got a bloody clue! Sorry ,ive followed this club for 42 years,,but today really is the last straw!

6 hours ago, coolie said:

Other than the defeat today the most disappointing thing will be

Been nilled in either half 

Fingers crossed not nilled in both half's 

Result! And dare I say progress? I'd give Morro another years extension with this achievement, Tranqulizer must be buZin ?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

IN MY OPINION!!!

We played well for 50 minutes...  running angles and lines better than at any time this season!!!

I didn't understand the bench today ... where was Igbinedion? ... where was Sheriffe? where was our new number7? ...

However,

It was going really well until the Teanby head injury .... he should have gone down for treatment in play, with all that blood, his hair turned red in seconds, the ref would have had to stop it!!  Instead he ran off the pitch for attention ... we couldn't get Stringer on in time and they scored!! ... you could feel the teams collective naivety ... what a stupid try to give away!!  ... then like a boxer dazed we conceded  another try ( albeit a good one)  straight from the kick off .. and all was lost!! 

I went expecting us to lose .... but we played really well for 50 mins ... I dared to believe we could win.... then naivety and reality!!! 

we have  fragile confidence, poor game management tactics  and are naive in the extreme ....   Why???  ( rhetorical .. I know the answer .. and so do many others on here!! )  ......

It was horrible today and exacerbated by a minority of gloating and cerebrally challenged bulls fans proving that age doesn't always bring wisdom !! ......   hey ho and all that! 

Archived