Sharlston folded

4 hours ago, topcentre21 said:

Whats happened there?

No so long ago they was beating all comers

Summer rugby doesn't suit everyone, they've folded before when streethouse was on the go.

Has their sponsor pulled out

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

12 hours ago, topcentre21 said:

Whats happened there?

No so long ago they was beating all comers

What all comers would that be ?

Maybe there all serving suspensions and their lack discipline combined with no youth system has caught up with them.

1 hour ago, Davo5 said:

Maybe there all serving suspensions and their lack discipline combined with no youth system has caught up with them.

Not watched them for a couple of seasons but I've never played against or watched a dirty Sharlston side.

1 hour ago, Davo5 said:

Physical maybe but I never had any real problems there as they tended to just want to play RL

2 hours ago, Marauder said:

Not watched them for a couple of seasons but I've never played against or watched a dirty Sharlston side.

Sorry a combination of nightshift and no reading glasses,thought it was Fryston !!! Age is a wonderous thing !!

4 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Check thi facts before you engage the brain, owd lad.  I cannot recall any suspensions during the past six or seven years, but I do know that we have won plenty of top trophies plus producing players who have gone on to successful pro careers. They have had a youth set up in place for two seasons now and It was the BARLA/RL set up with the introduction of summer rugby which has upset the apple cart. School holidays, weekend family trips has led to a shortage of players. Who the heck wants to play rugby in the summer?. Will be appearing hopefully once again in the pennine league next season.

5 hours ago, Davo5 said:

All comers meaning everyone they played they beat meaning they was one of the most if not thee most successfull amatuer sides in the country.

1 hour ago, saddleworth said:

Check thi facts before you engage the brain, owd lad.  I cannot recall any suspensions during the past six or seven years, but I do know that we have won plenty of top trophies plus producing players who have gone on to successful pro careers. They have had a youth set up in place for two seasons now and It was the BARLA/RL set up with the introduction of summer rugby which has upset the apple cart. School holidays, weekend family trips has led to a shortage of players. Who the heck wants to play rugby in the summer?. Will be appearing hopefully once again in the pennine league next season.

Try reading my last post before you get on your high horse old lad

3 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Sorry a combination of nightshift and no reading glasses,thought it was Fryston !!! Age is a wonderous thing !!

Had a few ding dongs there :)

3 hours ago, saddleworth said:

Good lads, I travel all over watching games and a lot of teams would go back to winter but they feel they'd be isolated, I'm sure if BARLA set up it's own National Conference teams would join.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived