what a joke champ 1 fixtures

1 hour ago, yipyee said:

It's a pity that South Wales have effectively folded.

West Wales could have added a team separately, Manchester are building for league1 and a French side rumoured.

Added a Montreal team this would have taken the tally to 20.

2 leagues of ten.

A league2? Or 2 even leagues everyone in your league home and away everyone in tother league once. Both league champions promoted with them playing off in a final for the league1 trophy.

I agree - two teams in South Wales would have nudged us towards two leagues / conferences. As it is, we've ended up with one club, which might be better in the short term for viability to be honest.

Avignon were rumoured, and Manchester have - I believe - actually applied (seems to have gone a bit quiet though). Was Montreal going to be 2018 or 2019?

Either way, it shouldn't be beyond the realms to get to 18 or 20 teams pretty quickly.

7 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

I agree - two teams in South Wales would have nudged us towards two leagues / conferences. As it is, we've ended up with one club, which might be better in the short term for viability to be honest.

Avignon were rumoured, and Manchester have - I believe - actually applied (seems to have gone a bit quiet though). Was Montreal going to be 2018 or 2019?

Either way, it shouldn't be beyond the realms to get to 18 or 20 teams pretty quickly.

Montreal is 2019, so any ambitious teams in L1 should make their push to be promoted next year :wink:.

55 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

York had to go to Toulouse 3 times last season we didn't play them at York, that's the way it is, get over it.

All 3 trips were fully funded in a well appointed hotel with no visa or significant work issues to take into consideration.

A trip to Toronto costs a fair amount. Ask John Flatman.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

1 hour ago, Bearman said:

All 3 trips were fully funded in a well appointed hotel with no visa or significant work issues to take into consideration.

I would happily pay for an upgrade to a different hotel. They have had a long time to sort out visa issues and the only issues would have been for naughty boys.....their own fault really. 

14 minutes ago, yipyee said:

I would happily pay for an upgrade to a different hotel. They have had a long time to sort out visa issues and the only issues would have been for naughty boys.....their own fault really. 

Not an option. 

Toronto supply a student flat, Toulouse a 4 star hotel. The point I was making was you cannot compare the two

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

12 minutes ago, Bearman said:

Not an option. 

Toronto supply a student flat, Toulouse a 4 star hotel. The point I was making was you cannot compare the two

Toronto will have to do something else in September when all the students are back.

21 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

Didn't realise that was the case of not playing everyone twice. That's how it should be. And if/when we go down there'll be some clubs moaning that we will not be playing at their ground, and rightly so.

Good point MM

Can you imagine the angst from Keighley if we end up not playing them at their place? Their fans love to hate on the Bulls, but their board would be gutted if we don't bring our fans to boost their coffers lol

5 hours ago, Bearman said:

Not an option. 

Why's it not an option....

Scuse me Mr Perez, we want to stay at the Hilton... thanks anyway...

Mr Hilton, can we please have a special rate for 15 twin rooms and closed off special access to the pool and gym?

15 hours ago, Mumby Magic said:

Didn't realise that was the case of not playing everyone twice. That's how it should be. And if/when we go down there'll be some clubs moaning that we will not be playing at their ground, and rightly so.

It may all have changed by the time you arrive, if you do. There are rumours of a cull of teams, mergers of teams and so on. The southern teams seem to be primarily in the firing line which must increase the chances of a 12 team league, everyone playing each other twice, as the split seems largely to be in due to the current total mismatch in playing standards.

Not too sure how anyone in the league is supposed to work out player budgets, start recruiting etc. at the moment so hopefully all will become clear soon.

Edited to say a ten team league is also being rumoured.

On 17/07/2017 at 3:43 PM, Bearman said:

It's also about players having time off work, which a lot of York players couldn't have for the 3rd game.

If I was a pro/semi pro and someone said to me "errm fancy 3/4 days in Toronto paid for I'd jump at the chance. Life's about opportunities and positive experiences. Obviously work can be a problem but I have two points on this. 1) I would do everything in my power to take the 3/4 days needed, work around it etc. 2) The place of work should take it as complement and dependant on the type of work use it to it's advantage. I work at the supermarket that starts with T and ends in ESCO and if this was to happen. (We currently have a young bull work there) we would embrace it.

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

Archived