Retirement age

Up from 67 to 68 from 2037.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Its 2039, my mistake.

Still brought forward by 7 years.  I also will get my state pension at 68... If I make it that far!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40658774?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_breaking&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=news_central

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Still I'm sure it will get press coverage...

Oh the BBC announced its big stars earn money... 

15 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Yup, I now get to retire at 68.

Whoop.

I'm in the same boat. I've had it in my head for some time that I'll end up working till 70 to get a state pension. That's if there's any pensions left. Anything before that is a bonus, albeit that bonus is shrinking

Could have retired in 2011 at 65 but carried on until I was 70, then retired.  Four months later they asked me to come back for a bit, so I did another three months.  They may ask again in September.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

9 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Could have retired in 2011 at 65 but carried on until I was 70, then retired.  Four months later they asked me to come back for a bit, so I did another three months.  They may ask again in September.

Had a colleague at another facility, retired about 5 years ago, he's been back as a contractor ever since.  In fact I think he works more hours now!  He's happy, on a good company pension, state pension, lives 5 mins down the road and now on contractor day rates.  

1 hour ago, shrek said:

Doubt I'll be able to afford to retire at 70 never mind 68 so not sure it'll make any difference, presuming I make it that far down the path!

Same here; had it in my mind for some time now that I'll be working until I'm 70 even though officially I should be retiring in 2027.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

I wonder why the government announced this yesterday (when they knew the papers would be full of BBC wages stories) and not on May 7th as originally planned (in the run up to the election)? Odd timing. :dry:

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

4 minutes ago, Tongs ya bas said:

Yes it's been a breeze. 

The way things are heading then comparability it may very well turn out that way.

Archived