Thanks for the memories..........

Therein73

What a season that's been...........from some of the worst rugby league you could see to some of the best team performances in years.......... Toulouse at home (twice), Bradford at home (first game), Batley in the Cup and Sheffield away in the Super8's will live long in the memory............. I can't remember a season quite like this one -- It's going to be an interesting close season and I'm so looking forward to seeing what players we retain, what new faces come in etc

Whatever it is being a Dewsbury supporter -- it sure ain't dull !!!!

Now, do we want Leigh or Catalans to win the £1Million game ???????

5 minutes ago, Therein73 said:

What a season that's been...........from some of the worst rugby league you could see to some of the best team performances in years.......... Toulouse at home (twice), Bradford at home (first game), Batley in the Cup and Sheffield away in the Super8's will live long in the memory............. I can't remember a season quite like this one -- It's going to be an interesting close season and I'm so looking forward to seeing what players we retain, what new faces come in etc

Seem to remember the year Ned left was similar , only backwards way round if you know what I mean.;)

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

4 hours ago, Therein73 said:

No Brainer..Leigh.. just ask mark Sawyer which he wants..

In a sadistic kinda way I want catalans to be relegated.. For these reasons

Derek beaumont has put his heart, soul, and large amounts of money to put his team in super league, fans bought into his dream and after only one season they could face the drop, which could destroy a heart land club. 

Let's not forget at one time teams got promoted to the top table for free and everybody regardless of ground, circumstances, fan Base got a crack at playing the big boys. 

If you had 2 parachutes on a plane that was crashing.. Who would you like to see saved Leigh or catalans 

Leigh everytime for me. 

Yes I know catalans in the championship would make it hard

But we follow a sport where there is winners and losers, relegation and promotion.. And I wouldn't change that

If we follow your maxim of winners and losers then you should have no preference, just so long as the loser goes down. And, of course, Catalans are just as much a heartlands club as Leigh.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I'd like to see Catalans stay up. Helps with game in France . Also DB is a weapons grade bell.

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

3 hours ago, coolie said:

In a sadistic kinda way I want catalans to be relegated.. For these reasons

Derek beaumont has put his heart, soul, and large amounts of money to put his team in super league, fans bought into his dream and after only one season they could face the drop, which could destroy a heart land club. 

Let's not forget at one time teams got promoted to the top table for free and everybody regardless of ground, circumstances, fan Base got a crack at playing the big boys. 

If you had 2 parachutes on a plane that was crashing.. Who would you like to see saved Leigh or catalans 

Leigh everytime for me. 

Yes I know catalans in the championship would make it hard

But we follow a sport where there is winners and losers, relegation and promotion.. And I wouldn't change that

Still a no brainer for me.  Catalan every time...

3 hours ago, Ramite said:

I'd like to see Catalans stay up. Helps with game in France . Also DB is a weapons grade bell.

Who's helped dewsbury out a couple of times and has a good working relationship with MS 

Let's not confuse passion with stupidity 

29 minutes ago, coolie said:

Who's helped dewsbury out a couple of times and has a good working relationship with MS 

Let's not confuse passion with stupidity 

No doubt he has , however he ticks both the passion and giant bell boxes.

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

3 hours ago, NickD said:

Still a no brainer for me.  Catalan every time...

A real no-brainer Nick - Catalans going down vs Leigh will cost us a fortune.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 24/09/2017 at 8:36 PM, Blind side johnny said:

A real no-brainer Nick - Catalans going down vs Leigh will cost us a fortune.

Too right BSJ , If it is two french sides,no crowds ,players possibly unable to travel because of work.

The champ. needs a serious looking at.

We need to get back clubs like york,hunslet,oldham,keighley and the cumbrians back into one league.

Not easy of course ,more games and tough on players.

Blackpool, did we lose a small fortune again?IF the clubs can't fill the place it should be kicked into touch.

But i suppose that's down to commitments with sky.  

The HEMEL  boss said that the link up with the Rams was a dead loss.

It was always going to be.

3 hours ago, silcoates said:

Too right BSJ , If it is two french sides,no crowds ,players possibly unable to travel because of work.

The champ. needs a serious looking at.

We need to get back clubs like york,hunslet,oldham,keighley and the cumbrians back into one league.

Not easy of course ,more games and tough on players.

Blackpool, did we lose a small fortune again?IF the clubs can't fill the place it should be kicked into touch.

But i suppose that's down to commitments with sky.  

The HEMEL  boss said that the link up with the Rams was a dead loss.

It was always going to be.

Think we made a very small profit on tickets for the Blackpool Bash this season. I would like to keep the event going for 2018.

What I would like to see go is the seven games of the Championship Shield and the semi final and final games, complete waste of time.

Make the Championship bigger with extra four teams and play home and away. Straight forward 2 up and 2 down.

Next season is going to push part time teams more than ever financially with trips to Canada, France (maybe 2 teams) and  London .

Whilst it is understandable why many fans in our division would want Leigh to go down i.e. Because they will bring huge numbers of fans I personally hope that they stay up.Derek Beaumont who is I believe a Leigh/Manchester based businessman has poured his heart soul and money into Leigh Centurions.And not only that but in this post EU referendum era we should be backing our own country in everything including this Million Pound Game.

I will concede that if Catalans go down then a difficult job at Championship clubs will be made a bit harder as the attendances will probably fall drastically seeing as we have no Hull KR as they have deserved their promotion and of course the belated demotion of Bradford.

5 hours ago, andyram said:

Think we made a very small profit on tickets for the Blackpool Bash this season. I would like to keep the event going for 2018.

What I would like to see go is the seven games of the Championship Shield and the semi final and final games, complete waste of time.

Make the Championship bigger with extra four teams and play home and away. Straight forward 2 up and 2 down.

Next season is going to push part time teams more than ever financially with trips to Canada, France (maybe 2 teams) and  London .

I too think the Summer Bash should stay and yes keep it at Bloomfield Road at least for next year,maybe in future it could be moved to say Coventry(Ricoh)Nottingham(City Ground)or either of the Birmingham grounds.I too would like to see the extra 7 games scrapped though Featherstone and Halifax might have a different opinion as it is for them a money spinner with Super League teams visiting even if they get smoked on the field.

As for how to have the division well the problem faced is that you increase it to 16 which is I agree the most logical thing,it would not be a good preparation for the top two clubs whoever they may be for a possible Super League spot as there is in my opinion no doubt that they would yo yo.And I think it is very difficult to work out what is best for this division.

But one thing for sure sorting out it needs.

Archived