Whitebank/vestcare stadium.

roughyed1064

Sad news that after all the hard work done at the clubhouse/ground ,if it's confirmed. Some people just can't help themselves,hopefully if there is CCTV then these malcontents will get their just desserts. These scratters can't be happy unless they are ruining a facility that has been built to improve the community as we have seen on many occasions.

P.s.There has been nothing reported so far on AVRO's twitter feed about any issues.

31 minutes ago, roughyed1064 said:

Think the club/bar had been broken into (again) drove past 6am load of cop Cars on the scene, so nothing changed at the site by the looks of it with all the #### /scroats in the area.

They were probably after free drinks and a breakfast ( thats both the crims and Plod ) ............ Not a cat in Hells chance of catching anyone at all ...... Plod are just not bothered ........ I wonder just how much damage and theft has taken place in £ over last 15 years ??????? must be over £250,000 in total i would have thought ???

20447_346989162151_776477151_4748963_7475038_s.jpg

15 hours ago, tandle said:

roughyed 1064 you might not remember this when in june I called it crime side and a cess pit,you called me a ignorant moron I hope the truth does not hurt.and to avro you should have stayed where you where.

Why don't you go and support Hairnets Tandle. 

50 minutes ago, tandle said:

I have supported Oldham rlfc for 67 years when we where on a par with wigan and st. Helens, ,better than leeds/hull/warrington/. I was just congratulating Rochdale on staying up and the stadium they have and what we have descended to.

They did well Hornets and looked good from the start of the season, whereas we had a terrible start and improved over the season until the terrible injuries. However as bad a watch as it was sometimes they're still our team. 

I've attached the Oxford definition of a supporter just as a reminder 

Screenshot_20171108-193844.png

Oldham is still my team when have I ever said I will not support them,it just saddens me to see the state of what we have become. are you telling me you are happy with what we have become lower than teams like batley/Dewsbury/swinton/Rochdale/barrow.

Well I'm glad to hear it, it winds me up the constant negativity, we are where we are.

We all want to see fast flowing entertaining rugby and a successful team but until we have laid a platform and are getting results coming consistently we have to get behind the team and I'm hopeful for next season btw. 

we got battered with injuries last season playing 5 drives and a kick. at the start of the season it was not to bad, then the other teams bigger forwards got match fit and we got smashed. other small teams like us played expansive games hence less injuries result relegation.

Which injuries were specifically caused by 5 drives and a kick?

Joy-dislocated shoulder making a tackle.Owen- leg caught in a challenge, Lepori-ankle gone in an nothing tackle,Neal broken jaw taking the ball in, Tyson- reoccurrence of knee injury. Spencer broken ribs in a tackle. Langtree-bicep injury. These injuries tend to occur to forwards (and backs) when they take a ball in occasionally,we were just unlucky they all came at roughly the same time and decimated the squad. Nothing to do with the style of play,our squad was far too thin at the start of the season.We simply didn't have cover for the injuries without getting the loan lads in.

Now I'm not saying our style of play is in any way that entertaining but it didn't cause all the injuries,other clubs including Swinton and Rochdale suffered injury problems but the difference was they were more spread out and didn't arrive in biblical proportions at seemingly one time like ours did.

The injuries certainly didn't help but ultimately the reason we got relegated is because we couldnt finish teams off,even when we had big leads. The injury /style of play excuse is rubbish,we should have had enough points in the bag even with the injury crisis and the 5 drives and a kick style.

If we had finished Hornets off twice, Batley at the regional arena,and Halifax away we would have stayed up. It's all water under the bridge now anyway.

Anyway back to the original topic......Roll on next season, I'm looking forward to it already at our revamped "home", it is what it is, Vestacare will always have detractors due to the past and the lack of terracing\cover. Maybe it will come in time,I hope so,and maybe that will encourage more to come to games. As I said previously,lack of cover is probably the only negative,for the crowds I expect we will see ,there should be plenty of space on the barriers for fans to watch the game,if it rains bring a brolly!!

33 minutes ago, tandle said:

electricsheep you should not be on here you talk sense.

Haha and so do you - not! If you have supported the club for 67 years in the way you support them now, i'm not surprised we are in such a mess. Consistent negativity. 

On 08/11/2017 at 11:18 PM, Yed17 said:

Haha and so do you - not! If you have supported the club for 67 years in the way you support them now, i'm not surprised we are in such a mess. Consistent negativity. 

now now boys  theres only 2 people responsible for the mess ; Jim Quinn and CH have together driven the club down this dead end road

20447_346989162151_776477151_4748963_7475038_s.jpg

7 hours ago, Roughyedz said:

now now boys  theres only 2 people responsible for the mess ; Jim Quinn and CH have together driven the club down this dead end road

I would agree with Jim Quinn but i think pro Rugby would have disappeared in the town had CH not stepped in. He is far from a from perfect but he has somehow managed to keep things going for i am thankful.  

2 minutes ago, Yed17 said:

I would agree with Jim Quinn but i think pro Rugby would have disappeared in the town had CH not stepped in. He is far from a from perfect but he has somehow managed to keep things going for i am thankful.  

Jim Quinn was a wally,he really knackered things.And yes CH hasn't set the world on fire,but without him would we have a team to support?, I doubt it very much.I suppose it is what it is.Rugby league and especially Oldham are two things that are frustrating at times to follow. They are both attritional. Besides what would we have to moan and groan about if these two didn't exist, we are British and love to moan.

Archived