NRL on television in UK 2018 - Latest Situation

My recording of the game lasted 2hr 58mins, good job I took a half day. I enjoyed the build-up enjoyed the game. Sadly, no after match chat. Vonny & Matty on the couch and sky went to advert.

Out tomorrow to invest in a Chromecast.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Sick39ed said:

As a student. I am trying to find the best possible solution for watching NRL games. I don't really want to be paying £125 a year and I may not have time to watch every match. E.g. matches on Thursday and occasionally weekends. 

Internet streams are your best solution (with a 2 to 3 minutes delay)... Or, if you can wait up to 12-24 hours, private torrents. If you want an invite, just PM me.

Up, up Cronulla; The boys in the black, white and blue; Up, up Cronulla; Name of the Sharks fits you; Sharks, Sharks forever; Go out and play without fear; Now's the time to see good football*; For the Sharks are here!

* Subject to change

Currently playing: Gorbachev: The Fall of Communism & Swing States 2012

15 hours ago, Irish Saint said:

My recording of the game lasted 2hr 58mins, good job I took a half day. I enjoyed the build-up enjoyed the game. Sadly, no after match chat. Vonny & Matty on the couch and sky went to advert.

Out tomorrow to invest in a Chromecast.

I'm pleased I signed up to Watch NRL for £112.50 (with my 10% off voucher).

I can watch on the big screen (My PC Monitor) or via iPad or iPhone anywhere. Will be able to watch when I'm darn sarf for a few days.

Does anyone who has this new watchnrl thing know if you can have multiple logins at the same time? As in two people using the same account to watch a match at the same time. Or is the account locked to a single device? Thanka

On 08/03/2018 at 11:17 PM, Vichyssoise said:

Internet streams are your best solution (with a 2 to 3 minutes delay)... Or, if you can wait up to 12-24 hours, private torrents. If you want an invite, just PM me.

Have you got kodi at all? There is a channel you can add which is freeview Australia, which has Channel 9 on it, which shows the NRL..PM me if you wanna link.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone record NRL games on Sky?

I get Sky through talktalk and missed the end of the first game so I have recorded the program thereafter just in case.

After seeing 8 of the 9 games over three weeks all programs have ended before the game has been completed. I have seen the end of 7 of 8 games but only in the next recorded programs until today. Not only did the Tigers-Broncos program run out but the following 15 minute short also ran out. Score 7-7 and Broncos awarded a penalty.........

On 23/03/2018 at 7:04 PM, alananne said:

Does anyone record NRL games on Sky?

I get Sky through talktalk and missed the end of the first game so I have recorded the program thereafter just in case.

After seeing 8 of the 9 games over three weeks all programs have ended before the game has been completed. I have seen the end of 7 of 8 games but only in the next recorded programs until today. Not only did the Tigers-Broncos program run out but the following 15 minute short also ran out. Score 7-7 and Broncos awarded a penalty.........

I record games on Sky through the Sky platform and watch them at the weekend while avoiding the score.

Got to say that my recording of the Tigers-Broncos game did allow for all the extra time that was played.

Maybe it’s something to do with talk talk?  Sorry I can’t help, must of been annoying.

I record the sky games then work through the rest on the app . I also caught the couple of second tier games on the app last week but for some reason that section has now vanished unfortunately . Hope it returns

Thanks for input

Went to play Friday early game a few minutes ago and nothing recorded.

Got response on talktalk forum that Sky is the problem which clearly is not the case if the games you are recording are complete.

Archived