Another Christmas disaster... only 1 model fits

3 hours ago, Mister Ting said:

I'm not a Hindhu so their stories go over my head.

I'm not a buddhist or Daoist either.

I don't follow any religion. All these stories mean nothing to me. I follow nothing other than the truth.

Or rather your idea of the truth. We all see 'the truth' in different ways, sometimes the difference is infinitesimal

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we need Bertrand Russell, Immanuel Kant, Jean Paul Sartre, Karl Marx, Michel Foucault and Thomas Aquinas on this one.

They'd be good for a few quotes and we could attack them as Trolls!

But if it helps I tried to search for God on Youtube and got Gordon Ramsey which might help explain the mess we're in! I dread to think what would happen if I googled it!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

4 hours ago, Mister Ting said:

I'm not a Hindhu so their stories go over my head.

I'm not a buddhist or Daoist either.

I don't follow any religion. All these stories mean nothing to me. I follow nothing other than the truth.

As a scientist, I would work with models based on observable data and model future observable data.

However, I would never have presumed to directly deal with the truth.

I salute you enlightenment!

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

1 hour ago, Bob8 said:

As a scientist, I would work with models based on observable data and model future observable data.

One of my brothers is a scientist and a vicar.  Guess which group got angry about that?

3 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

One of my brothers is a scientist and a vicar.  Guess which group got angry about that?

I can imagine.

That said, I think much is because we import many of our social arguments from the USA.  There, there are many Christians whose belief does mean that God sits on a cloud and when Jesus said "Call no man your Father", that he actually did not call Joseph 'Dad'.

The argument is much easier if there are atheists who can claim the mantle of Voltaire and the religious ones stick to God on a cloud.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

19 hours ago, Oxford said:

I think we need Bertrand Russell, Immanuel Kant, Jean Paul Sartre, Karl Marx, Michel Foucault and Thomas Aquinas on this one.

The models so far:

Some people's view of God;

e4c.jpg.efe13ab1daf934c3eb672522dab69192.jpg

Some people's view of God's reaction to us;

5a44bbcc11000_giphyshrug.gif.0ecad49020686de314403e9e811c67a9.gif

Some view talking to God like this;

images.duckduckgo1.jpg.128fb3c5e2d65a52757f5cb3314d91a3.jpg

So here's the proof God exists:

heskethgb-1280x632.thumb.jpg.f92711649bf348d59866726c41fc62d4.jpg

18 hours ago, Bob8 said:

Facts and truth are different things after all

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

Facts and truth are different things after all

Well that's Kant and Jean Paul  on board and as soon as the others arrive we'll come to a conclusion about "Who Is This God Person Anyway?" It should take less time than Brexit as there are too many Tories on both sides of this negotiation!

Archived