Tonight's game

paul

Good effort from both sides, YDARL stuck to their task well, i thought the 7 (chilton ?) had a good game, and the big lad 26(?) looks worth a look. For the Wights, delaney was a plus and the blonde lad who played the 2nd half with no number (trialist?) looked handy

Just about thawed out now! Thought it was a good run out, I'd be happy to see Judah Mazive and Tom Saxton as our starting wingers for the upcoming season, definitely think Saxton has another year in him and you cannot ignore that kind of experience.

Mazive also looked good under the high ball, in comparison James Clare (who was rumoured to be coming to York) had a torrid time for Cas against Featherstone under the high ball on boxing day.

Connor Robinson had a great kicking game, and his goal kicking was 10 times better than last season.

I liked the look of Matt Chilton too, Harry Carter had a good game. Just hope Ash Robson and Joe Batchelor aren't seriously injured.

Still think we need something extra in the halves, and another big forward wouldn't go amiss.

I haven't seen the attendance but looked to be more there than the friendly vs Hull FC last season. I reckon 450-500.

Archived