Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Maximus Decimus

The Culture Wars

1 minute ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

Yes 

Then you’re an idiot

10 minutes ago, Shadow said:

It had everything to do with whether they are worthy of support because I asked that question in the post.

You have consistently told us how liberals don’t follow that definition, at no point have you told us what definition of liberals you would agree with. 

As a rule of thumb, if it’s in the Daily Mail it’s usually worth fact checking

I’ll say it again, today’s liberals don’t support all of those things. It’s more like conditional support depending on what is being said and who is saying it. If you still don’t understand then I don’t know what to tell you 

I’ll say it again, today’s liberals don’t support all of those things. It’s more like conditional support depending on what is being said and who is saying it. If you still don’t understand then I don’t know what to tell you 

Tell me what you think they do support

9 minutes ago, Shadow said:

No evidence for the founder of the EDL, Muslim attacking convicted violent offender drug taking fraudster being Racist

Doubleplusungood doesn’t even come close.

EDL was his past. He left for a reason, citing that he didn’t agree with their views. Robert Byrd was a former grand wizard of the KKK who also became a prominent Democrat who Hillary Clinton admired. Is that the same or is it different because he is a leftist? 

7 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

Mohamed Shafiq of the Ramadhan Foundation.

The MP was Tom Watson, member for Somewhere-on-Something, probably.

Deputy Leader of the Labour Party - although actively hated by about half the current membership.

(Thanks for the link. I'll still go with: claiming credit for something that went way beyond one or two people or groups saying things to Facebook.)

Still wasn't the BBC though.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

EDL was his past. He left for a reason, citing that he didn’t agree with their views. Robert Byrd was a former grand wizard of the KKK who also became a prominent Democrat who Hillary Clinton admired. Is that the same or is it different because he is a leftist? 

His actions say otherwise

1 minute ago, Shadow said:

Tell me what you think they do support

Authoritarianism, increased government control, regulated speech (for the right), silencing of political opponents, conditional discrimination, conditional racism and sexism, anti-Christianity, anti civi liberties  

There is a degree of illiberalism amongst some people on the left but YK isn't coming up with any good examples.

"At times to be silent is to lie. You will win because you have enough brute force. But you will not convince. For to convince you need to persuade. And in order to persuade you would need what you lack: Reason and Right."

9 minutes ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

What actions would they be? 

His "drunken banter with friends" as reported in the "leftist" Daily Mail

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6699677/Tommy-Robinson-makes-racist-slur-brags-buying-drugs-drunken-video.html

Edited by Wiltshire Rhino

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

8 minutes ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

Wow that definitely proves he’s the biggest racist in the world. Give me a break 

Good comeback! ?

So because he's not racist enough to be "the biggest racist in the world", you think his behaviour is OK? 

• Haha 1

Here are some Americans, enjoying some time off from providing YK with his opinions ?

Edited by Wiltshire Rhino

3 minutes ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Good comeback! ?

So because he's not racist enough to be "the biggest racist in the world", you think his behaviour is OK? 

I mean anti-semitsm seems to be tolerated in leftists parties such as the Democrats and Labour Party in this country so I’m assuming that behaviour is okay to you? 

16 minutes ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

That's a better example but again you seem to reference the states all the time

"At times to be silent is to lie. You will win because you have enough brute force. But you will not convince. For to convince you need to persuade. And in order to persuade you would need what you lack: Reason and Right."

Just now, Yorkshire Knight said:

I mean anti-semitsm seems to be tolerated in leftists parties such as the Democrats and Labour Party in this country so I’m assuming that behaviour is okay to you? 

No it's not OK. I think it's disgusting. 

Now back to your opinions on Tommy's drunken rant... 

4 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Are they from this country?

Do they need to be? The American left is the head of the rotting fish. I’ve noticed that all of their opinions/talking points slowly creeps to the rest of the west. Things like “white privilege”, “mansplaining”, “toxic masculinity” etc. were started by the American left and now they are suddenly issues for leftists around the world. So toxic behaviour from the American left is absolutely relevant. To see where the left in this country is going, all you gotta do is analyse the American left 

3 minutes ago, slowdive said:

That's a better example but again you seem to reference the states all the time

Refer to my comment above.

Also brexit protests is a good example in this country of anti-liberal behaviour by leftists. These are the same people who are can’t respect a democratic vote 

Do they need to be?

Yes.

You'll be able to find a couple if you look. I mean, I could even find some for you.

But there'd be no fun in that.

So ... examples in the past 12 months from the UK that exactly match what you're talking about.

And whilst you're at it: people jailed for saying the wrong things and how the BBC got Tommy Robinson thrown off Facebook.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

9 minutes ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Here are some Americans, enjoying some time off from providing YK with his opinions ?

Your YouTube history worries me.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

No it's not OK. I think it's disgusting. 

Now back to your opinions on Tommy's drunken rant... 

He gets the life long label of racist but so does Corbyn and every other labour politician who supports anti-Semitic behaviour. Fair? 

2 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Yes.

You'll be able to find a couple if you look. I mean, I could even find some for you.

But there'd be no fun in that.

So ... examples in the past 12 months from the UK that exactly match what you're talking about.

And whilst you're at it: people jailed for saying the wrong things and how the BBC got Tommy Robinson thrown off Facebook.

People having a big whinge over a democratic Brexit vote which didn’t go their way. The opposite of liberalism 

He gets the life long label of racist but so does Corbyn and every other labour politician who supports anti-Semitic behaviour. Fair? 

I have no problem with that at all.

However I'm still waiting for your opinions on Tommy's drunken rant.