Sign in to follow this  
Maximus Decimus

The Culture Wars

11 minutes ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

Based on observations of many on the left 

Which is another non-falsifiable generalisation.

18 minutes ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

And we all know why

9 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Because its a futile exercise?

Image result for thumbs up

5 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Good job no christian god fearing judge has never said the same... oh...

Not sure why you wish to defend Yaxley Lennon with some whataboutary?  But hey ho.  

I've never defended Christians and never would. I also didn't defend Robinson other than to say that he had some similar opinions coming from the Muslim clergy the Islamic clergy.

12 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Good job no christian god fearing judge has never said the same... oh...

Not sure why you wish to defend Yaxley Lennon with some whataboutary?  But hey ho.  

Says the guy with the ultimate whataboutary deflecting to Christians. Seriously why do you lefties always mention Christianity when the focus is on Islam? It’s like you’re incapable of making a sound argument on the topic so the only way you know how is to deflect to Christianity. It’s nothing but cowardly behaviour 

12 minutes ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

Says the guy with the ultimate whataboutary deflecting to Christians. Seriously why do you lefties always mention Christianity when the focus is on Islam? It’s like you’re incapable of making a sound argument on the topic so the only way you know how is to deflect to Christianity. It’s nothing but cowardly behaviour 

It was deliberate... to emphasise a point... it wasn't that difficult.

The topic being discussed was Yaxley Lennon, yet within one post it was reframed onto what a muslim Imam said.  

So thank you for proving a point nicely.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

27 minutes ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

Only a mentally ill white American liberal could conjure up that garbage. They are truly the laughing stock of the world 

Nah, there’s a mentally ill white American that’s at the top of the list of laughing stocks of the World, not sure he’s a Liberal though.

It’s probably a tad more telling that “Overcoming climate change adaptation barriers: A study on food–energy–water impacts of the average American diet by demographic group.”  becomes “White people’s diets are killing the environment: study.”

Asimov will be spinning in his grave so fast you could use him as a dynamo.

7 hours ago, Vambo said:

If they said First World diets are killing the environment I would agree with them. You only need to look at Brazil where rainforests are being cleared to ensure the supply of cheap meat for McDonalds. Not to mention the forests in Indonesia cleared for Palm plantations to produce the palm oil for ice cream, biscuits, margarine and chocolate, on top of the palm oil already used in soaps and shampoos and detergents.

3 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Would they have written "Black people’s diets are killing the environment" if the study had a different outcome? ? 

My guess would be: no.

3 hours ago, Farmduck said:

If they said First World diets are killing the environment I would agree with them. You only need to look at Brazil where rainforests are being cleared to ensure the supply of cheap meat for McDonalds. Not to mention the forests in Indonesia cleared for Palm plantations to produce the palm oil for ice cream, biscuits, margarine and chocolate, on top of the palm oil already used in soaps and shampoos and detergents.

Not much of a click bait headline in that stuff perhaps, although, "Fat feckers eating mass production burgers are killing the planet..." might have attracted some attention, little of it positive I'd warrant..

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 8:21 PM, Farmduck said:

I've never defended Christians and never would. 

Are you Christaphobic or would you never defend followers of any faith?

And how far would you go to not defend them?  Until they are rounded up, arrested without cause, that sort of thing?  

3 hours ago, Saintslass said:

Are you Christaphobic or would you never defend followers of any faith?

And how far would you go to not defend them?  Until they are rounded up, arrested without cause, that sort of thing?  

I think everybody in society is entitled to the same rights. I don't accept that religion is a justification for any group to be exempt from any laws. As long as Christians live within the law I would defend their rights. But I am also allowed to criticise their doctrine and the behaviour of Christians, just as they are allowed to criticise anything I say or do.

4 hours ago, longboard said:

Not much of a click bait headline in that stuff perhaps, although, "Fat feckers eating mass production burgers are killing the planet..." might have attracted some attention, little of it positive I'd warrant..

There is some justice in the situation. The "fat feckers'" diet is also killing the fat feckers.

17 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Nah, there’s a mentally ill white American that’s at the top of the list of laughing stocks of the World, not sure he’s a Liberal though.

When you have white American liberals writing garbage articles like white people’s diet is contributing to climate change and making up fake genders, you are really the laughing stock of the world. Unfortunately they don’t know this and neither do you because they really think the rest of the world is on their side lol 

7 hours ago, Farmduck said:

There is some justice in the situation. The "fat feckers'" diet is also killing the fat feckers.

"Americans eat like they've got free healthcare" is one of my favourite quotes but I can't now locate where I first heard it.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

11 hours ago, longboard said:

It’s really not about the click bait though. You got to understand that the American left views everything through race, sexuality or gender. They also apply selective racism and discrimination so it’s perfectly acceptable to write disparaging articles targeting a whole race if they are white 

45 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

"Americans eat like they've got free healthcare" is one of my favourite quotes but I can't now locate where I first heard it.

I think the US "health care system" is a mystery to anyone with two active brain cells. It's an industry which prospers best if you have an unhealthy client base. It's more profitable to never cure anyone. The best result is for unhealthy people to survive twenty years with chronic illness and on heaps of pharmaceuticals. I always find it farcical that they call their health insurance industry a "health care system."