Thomas Minns Drug Test fail

19 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

It doesn't take a genius to work out that someone closely connected to a suicide victim would find it upsetting and distressing to go on to a rugby league forum and read someone saying they think they're cowards. Your judgement is not needed, necessary or helpful to anyone in that instance, so why voice it?

The only thing it showed was a lack of understanding into mental health.

But that’s his/her opinion. Why should that be censored? 

It’s a sad state of society we live in whereby people’s thoughts and opinions are so readily censored for fear of causing offence. I suppose we have the snow flakes to blame for that. Oh dear I’ve just offended someone so this will probably get censored too ?.

For what it’s worth, I don’t agree with Denton Rovers opinion on it being cowardly. I have been through depression myself, as is quite common, but each to their own in their view of it.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, DoubleD said:

But that’s his/her opinion. Why should that be censored? 

It’s a sad state of society we live in whereby people’s thoughts and opinions are so readily censored for fear of causing offence. I suppose we have the snow flakes to blame for that. Oh dear I’ve just offended someone so this will probably get censored too ?.

For what it’s worth, I don’t agree with Denton Rovers opinion on it being cowardly. I have been through depression myself, as is quite common, but each to their own in their view of it.

Because it's derailing from the topic at hand. 

If people on this forum can say and do as they like, I wouldn't go on it because it would be absolute anarchy. There'd be nothing productive. It's why I stopped going on RLFans. It's just a sh*tstorm.

If it was a topic about suicide, fair enough. And yes, it did begin to link to the instance of suicide through depression, but the opinion on people who take their own lives was not necessary or contributory to the discussion and was likely to derail through the incredibly emotive opinion given.

It's a forum. It needed moderating. I agree with the action taken. If he wishes to discuss it, there are other areas of the forum he can bring it up and people can choose whether or not to engage in it. It didn't need to be here.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

3 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

No, the NFL's policy is even worse. Hypocritical at the highest level. HGH and steroids are making men bigger than they should physically be plough in to each other and speeds they shouldnt be able to achieve and its killing them and ruining lives yet they mostly ban players like Josh Gordon for smoking weed.

We can have our own. Draconian punishments for attempts at performing enhancement, light punishment and pastoral care for recreational drug use.

Do you think that would have an impact on sponsors, media and investors here? Are there any British organisations not affiliated to WADA or UKDA?

6 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Do you think that would have an impact on sponsors, media and investors here? Are there any British organisations not affiliated to WADA or UKDA?

We would lose Sports England funding, and probably a whole load of other NGB stuff.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

20 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

If true, would there be any potential investors we'd open ourselves up to because of our new stance?

Doubt it.  (seriously doubt it)

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

3 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

So we'll most likely need to stick with WADA then?

I would suggest that would be a good idea.  

46 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

If we were open and honest about the reasons then I wouldnt think it would have much of a negative impact and could comfortably be spun to a positive impact.

UKAD is a bit of a mess and being reviewed by the government at the moment. Im not sure that announcing we will institute our own policies of fair and proportional punishment including stricter punishments for cheating instead of sticking with an organisation through not fit for purpose would go down poorly.

So you don't think we'd lose government funding/Sport England funding?

Do you think the RFL would have the ability to administer its own anti doping team given your shambolic they've been at everything else?

7 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

No, the NFL's policy is even worse. Hypocritical at the highest level. HGH and steroids are making men bigger than they should physically be plough in to each other and speeds they shouldnt be able to achieve and its killing them and ruining lives yet they mostly ban players like Josh Gordon for smoking weed.

We can have our own. Draconian punishments for attempts at performing enhancement, light punishment and pastoral care for recreational drug use.

Maybe you could outline your pharmacological expertise to back up your claims/assertions?

Archived