Thomas Minns Drug Test fail

Announced tonight explains withdrawal from Warrington game last weekend.

Test fail at Huddersfield away.

Ex Leeds West Riding based ex teammate of Hardaker, need say no more.

Must be sacked and forgotten about. No sympathy....goodbye good riddance.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, stevereed100 said:

Ex Leeds West Riding based ex teammate of Hardwire, need say no more.

Recreational or performance enhancing? 

Guessing the former based on Hull KRs performances

1 hour ago, stevereed100 said:

Somebody else's fault again?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

12 hours ago, stevereed100 said:

Possibly the most stupid post I've ever read on here and that's saying something. 

First of all Minns played at Leeds with Hardaker last over 2 years ago - but don't let that get in the way of you trying to make a link....

By your reckoning Hull KR should probably strike off Maguire, Mulhern and Clarkson too as they're bound to have been at it too? 

Sacked and forgotten about? Whether you believe the comments he's made about the the affect the passing of his mother has had or not, this young man needs help. What happened to Terry Newton after his ban is still way too fresh in mind to think that's the way we should treat players in this situation. 

Between UKAD, the RFL and Hull KR I'm sure he'll get whatever punishment, but more importantly whatever support he needs to get through this clearly difficult period in his life. 

1 hour ago, Chris22 said:

Words fail me.

It reads like they're talking about a primary school child who's been the victim of a tragedy and has no family left, not a professional RL player who has taken drugs.

You would think he's a victim here.

You make choices in life. We've all had hard times......I have. And guess what! I never even thought of touching drugs.

This mamby pamby world we live in really gets on my ####. 

If you have a problem. Try dealing with it instead of doing something that you know is wrong. 

4 hours ago, stevereed100 said:

No room in our game for druggies

Why does every where seem more like the 1950's by the day? Maybe because it's all so black and white, and there's plenty of tea but no sympathy.

telly_03-1-640x393.jpg.310029b91aebf11f2022f73b89cf4159.jpg

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

8 hours ago, stevereed100 said:

Nothing to do with Rovers then,you can show definitive proof to back your OPINION up.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

Wow, I wouldn't want to fall on hard times with some of the folk on here around me.

On the face of it, looks to me like Hull KR have handled this well. I hope Minns takes the help he is offered: certainly better than taking him out the back and shooting him, which is what I think others are suggesting.

It isn't acceptable to take drugs and I think the statement acknowledges he will cop a big punishment for it.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

5 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Wow, I wouldn't want to fall on hard times with some of the folk on here around me.

On the face of it, looks to me like Hull KR have handled this well. I hope Minns takes the help he is offered: certainly better than taking him out the back and shooting him, which is what I think others are suggesting.

It isn't acceptable to take drugs and I think the statement acknowledges he will cop a big punishment for it.

I'm not saying he shouldn't get help. Anyone who falls on hard times and makes poor choices deserves help and support.

I'm just not happy at all with the excuse. I don't believe it deserves mitigating circumstances at all. We start saying "taking drugs is bad... unless you've fallen on hard times then it's ok" and then you give people an excuse to lose self control.

There's so much more to his problems than his mum dying and it being mother's day and it's kind of insulting that it's being pitched as that.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

4 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I'm not saying he shouldn't get help. Anyone who falls on hard times and makes poor choices deserves help and support.

I'm just not happy at all with the excuse. I don't believe it deserves mitigating circumstances at all. We start saying "taking drugs is bad... unless you've fallen on hard times then it's ok" and then you give people an excuse to lose self control.

There's so much more to his problems than his mum dying and it being mother's day and it's kind of insulting that it's being pitched as that.

I saw the statement as a sensible attempt to ensure people, including Hull KR fans, understand he has been through a lot and is potentially vulnerable. The last thing the guy needs after potentially losing his career is people shunning him in the street and calling him all sorts on social media.

I don't think it condoned drug-taking in any way. The relevant authorities will decide whether there were mitigating circumstances which might lessen the penalty. 

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

6 hours ago, Red robin said:

You make choices in life. We've all had hard times......I have. And guess what! I never even thought of touching drugs.

This mamby pamby world we live in really gets on my ####. 

If you have a problem. Try dealing with it instead of doing something that you know is wrong. 

Apropos of nothing, suicide remains the biggest killer of men under 45 in this country.

Hard to fathom why sometimes.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

I saw the statement as a sensible attempt to ensure people, including Hull KR fans, understand he has been through a lot and is potentially vulnerable. The last thing the guy needs after potentially losing his career is people shunning him in the street and calling him all sorts on social media.

I don't think it condoned drug-taking in any way. The relevant authorities will decide whether there were mitigating circumstances which might lessen the penalty. 

That's the part I disagree with though. Why should it? To put that out there is a stick for others to beat him with.

I don't mind they've tried to put it in to context. I'd understand how he became vulnerable. I do mind they're trying to say it should be acceptable to reduce the punishment though. That's the key difference and that's where my sympathy stops. 

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

What a wally,life is full of choices, obviously he chose wrong.However I do also believe in giving someone another chance as long as they genuinely accept they made a mistake,accept responsibility and don't let it happen again.Everyone makes mistakes.

25 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Sorry JB but I stand by my earlier post.

I saw the statement as an attempt to make a drug taker look like a victim complete with mitigating circumstances put out there early giving him the best chance of a more lenient punishment when his case is heard. 

There is no criticism of him in the Hull KR statement, the worst they say is that they are "disappointed". They make it clear he hasn't been suspended but is on leave. Just about everything in their statement reads that he's going to be looked after in spite of taking drugs.

It would have helped if they'd included something along the lines of "He knows he's done wrong and has let the club and it's supporters down". 

That might have been a better and clearer message for any young, impressionable Hull KR fans reading.

8 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Words fail me.

It reads like they're talking about a primary school child who's been the victim of a tragedy and has no family left, not a professional RL player who has taken drugs.

You would think he's a victim here.

Obviously people deal which things like this differently.

But Jake Livermore was tested positive for cocaine after his child died and he was let off....

54 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

That's the part I disagree with though. Why should it? To put that out there is a stick for others to beat him with.

I don't mind they've tried to put it in to context. I'd understand how he became vulnerable. I do mind they're trying to say it should be acceptable to reduce the punishment though. That's the key difference and that's where my sympathy stops. 

I don't know that it should. I don't know what drugs are involved, how he came to have them or what mental state he was in. As ever in these judicial processes, Hull KR will presumably set out their defence and someone will decide whether they do mitigate the offence. It is fairly standard stuff.

Archived