York City Knights predictions

Cl1998

19 hours ago, Carlisle1921 said:

The cynical side of me wonders if none of our players were banned as the RFL want us as strong as possible v York, seen as our players usually get cited and banned for the smallest of reasons

I think the RFL got it badly wrong tbh ... I watched that match video and saw some of the most horrendous , dirty , underhand thuggery I’ve seen in ages . Completely ignored by the ref . Their winger had to sort it himself - which was a right laugh in contrast .... how the panel can disagree with totally impartial overviews watching the game beggars belief . 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Marrafan said:

Being streamed free on the Our League app.

We wouldn't give permission to stream the Bulls game so why agree to this one ? Surely it will affect the attendance.

16 minutes ago, unicorn106 said:

We wouldn't give permission to stream the Bulls game so why agree to this one ? Surely it will affect the attendance.

I think when it is the Rfl who are doing it we might be bound to agree. Still think if Bradford had gone about it in the right way we wouldn’t have said no. But looking how they reacted to a defeat with Kears petulance etc you kind of get an insight into how negotiations might have been handled with, in their eyes, one of the lower minions in rugby league. 

Hopefully with the forecast good it won’t have an affect on attendance.

3 hours ago, unicorn106 said:

We can't refuse this one. Because its an official RFL broadcast then we have to comply, its in the Operational Rules that clubs can't prevent offical broadcasts or they will be charged with misconduct and get a big fine.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Speaking to some people around town you’d think we were playing Newcastle knights not the York city knights. I’m not having all this ‘as long as we’re within 10-12 points’ or ‘as long as we give them a game’. Balls to that, let’s go out there, beat them, and ensure we’re at home in the playoffs. Yeah there a really good side at our level but so are we, and we have players in penky, Wilkes, ell, doran etc who would walk into any other side in this league. 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

12 minutes ago, wonky said:

Speaking to some people around town you’d think we were playing Newcastle knights not the York city knights. I’m not having all this ‘as long as we’re within 10-12 points’ or ‘as long as we give them a game’. Balls to that, let’s go out there, beat them, and ensure we’re at home in the playoffs. Yeah there a really good side at our level but so are we, and we have players in penky, Wilkes, ell, doran etc who would walk into any other side in this league. 

I’d say that was right on our own turf . I think it’s a bit of reverse psychology from Leon , like last week . Trying to take pressure off them publicly but behind closed doors he’ll be revving them up and using the away game as motivation , and the bulls game for proof of what they can do if they perform to their level

1 hour ago, wonky said:

York are a very good outfit,but they have an awful record in Cumbria,get off to a good start and that record coupled with the pressure of trying to stay in the automatic promotion place could have an effect.

Best of Luck

Surprised to hear people who Wonky has met in Town think the lads can`t beat York on Sunday . I am sure the regular 600 of us who go down there every week know we are capable of beating them ,there will be a cracking atmosphere , the fans , players , and officials will be well up for it and we`re not even thinking of losing .UP the TOWN.

16 hours ago, wonky said:

That's a great battle cry Wonky.Lets get the old place rocking.

Archived