Dual Reg

excolt

Couldn't agree more, if they are forcing us to vote a certain way then we need to cut ties immediately. Its not like the dual reg has done us any favours this year.

Its criminal what some clubs do, I think we will vote the same way even if they  weren't blackmailing us (allegedly) whos not going to vote in favour of Scrapping the super 8s but only if terms are met that help all effected,  also I suppose its the aftermath that is the issue. The way the RL looks after the super 8s is gone is still up for debate and is suppose they want to make sure its their vision of it that prevails.

I have been against Dual Registration since it’s introduction and this latest Warrington fiasco only confirms my thoughts.

If Warrington are threatening to withdraw DR, training facilities, etc Hornets should dispense with their services immediately as stated by excolt. 

I would much prefer to see the club go it’s own way with no DR players and have players who want to wear the Hornets shirt with pride turning out for us.

Warringtons contribution via DR has been pitiful this season resulting in none of their players being available on a regular basis!

I have supported Hornets for over 65 years and have never felt so disconnected from the club. Let’s hope we vote the right way tomorrow which is for the good of the game of Rugby League and not to continually bow down to the Super League teams many of whom should hang their heads in shame at their bullying tactics. 

Championship/League 1 Chairmen at the press conference yesterday said their group’s clubs would be pressing for an open vote at today’s crucial meeting.  This on the basis that Clubs’ decisions should be transparent to their fans, whatever their preferences. Given that we can be almost certain that at least 11 SL clubs will be voting yes to their own proposals, it’s the remaining league and community votes that will count.  The RFL are planning a closed ballot!   A significant day indeed in rugby league’s history. What follows will be interesting, no doubt turbulent, but hopefully something emerges that brings the game together. 

If you look on Brsdford bulls YouTube channel the chairman's of York, batley,  bradford, Dewsbury and Featherstone have made a press conference talking about what's going, it verry interesting talks about the club's right to vote for what it wants and a possible irreversible split.

I read on the batley forum that widens have been threatened with no parachute payment if they vote against the motion.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Well that " secret " didn't last long did it ?

why,, do you know how everyone voted?, i sure dont but have an idea on a few,  wonder if would have been as plain to see if the DR had been scrapped at some point this season to come into effect for 2019. would vote a been same then,or even it was open for everyone to see like an arm in the air, plenty a clubs talked about not wanting any a the proposals and coming out with statments but then voted for it.  would love to see a list a those who stuck to their word.

16 minutes ago, silverback said:

why,, do you know how everyone voted?, i sure dont but have an idea on a few,  wonder if would have been as plain to see if the DR had been scrapped at some point this season to come into effect for 2019. would vote a been same then,or even it was open for everyone to see like an arm in the air, plenty a clubs talked about not wanting any a the proposals and coming out with statments but then voted for it.  would love to see a list a those who stuck to their word.

Err, just go to the thread entitled " The Nine Who Voted With Super League ". Or buy a copy of today's " Rugby League Express ". If you thought that would stay a secret in Rugby League you can't have been watching the game very long.

16 minutes ago, silverback said:

This is a list of the clubs that buckled under pressure from super duper league clubs. Sheffield,Leigh,Rochdale,Oldham,Workington,Whitehaven,Doncaster,Coventry,London Scholars?

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Err, just go to the thread entitled " The Nine Who Voted With Super League ". Or buy a copy of today's " Rugby League Express ". If you thought that would stay a secret in Rugby League you can't have been watching the game very long.

thanks for the heads up.i missed that thred put up an hour ago as am busy gardening.am a newbie as have only played/watched as a fan 45 years so dont know everything fella.

4 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

This is a list of the clubs that buckled under pressure from super duper league clubs. Sheffield,Leigh,Rochdale,Oldham,Workington,Whitehaven,Doncaster,Coventry,London Scholars?

hey up graham, do you think the vote would a been same if DR were getting binned for 2019 thou, some teams had no choice by sounds a things, looking bad for next few years,  widnes for  toronto , salford for red star, hkr for dublin, wakey for new york.. lanzagrotty for dews, who knows whats next.:pleasantry:

30 minutes ago, silverback said:

thanks for the heads up.i missed that thred put up an hour ago as am busy gardening.am a newbie as have only played/watched as a fan 45 years so dont know everything fella.

I first knew the game wasn't always on the level after watching that draw for the Challenge Cup many years ago were they dropped one of the balls on the floor and then tried to pretend nothing had happened.

32 minutes ago, silverback said:

hey up graham, do you think the vote would a been same if DR were getting binned for 2019 thou, some teams had no choice by sounds a things, looking bad for next few years,  widnes for  toronto , salford for red star, hkr for dublin, wakey for new york.. lanzagrotty for dews, who knows whats next.:pleasantry:

To be honest I’m not sure,some championship clubs are well and truely in super league’s clubs back pocket.

15 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I first knew the game wasn't always on the level after watching that draw for the Challenge Cup many years ago were they dropped one of the balls on the floor and then tried to pretend nothing had happened.

lol, i always thought they were cold balls n warm balls for years..should some stuff remain a secret who knows.

One ball must have been too hot. They pretended nothing had happened but on TV you could hear the ball hit the floor and roll away. The draw was nearly over with only about 3 balls left so they managed to figure out what the ball should have been.

Eventually after a day or two they had to admit what they'd done and do the draw again. Hornets had a good home draw in the first draw. In the second draw I think we got Warrington away !

Archived