Teams who voted with Super Duper League @ EGM

morty

Allegedly (from a thread on another clubs forum on here) the teams who voted with the SL at the EGM last Friday were:-

Sheffield, Leigh, Rochdale, Oldham, Workington, Whitehaven, Doncaster, Coventry, London Scholars

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

31 minutes ago, morty said:

Allegedly (from a thread on another clubs forum on here) the teams who voted with the SL at the EGM last Friday were:-

Sheffield, Leigh, Rochdale, Oldham, Workington, Whitehaven, Doncaster, Coventry, London Scholars

I wonder if those clubs if will feel the same way in 2 years time when/if the funding stops,especially those in championship 1.

I can categorically state that Coventry DID NOT vote to accept the proposal.

We have put out a statement denying it and contacted League Express who started the rumour.

I cannot understand how they came up with that list as it was a secret ballot.

If they did an "exit poll" they did not ask us and if they had we would have told them we voted NO.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

10 minutes ago, Bearman said:

I can categorically state that Coventry DID NOT vote to accept the proposal.

We have put out a statement denying it and contacted League Express who started the rumour.

I cannot understand how they came up with that list as it was a secret ballot.

If they did an "exit poll" they did not ask us and if they had we would have told them we voted NO.

Genuine question, did you actually cast (or see the completed ballot paper) Coventry's vote? 

8 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Genuine question, did you actually cast (or see the completed ballot paper) Coventry's vote? 

No, it was our CEO who attended. He is adamant that he voted No. It is he that has contacted League Express.

The first he heard of it was when he saw the article in LE.

I would point out that as there is a threat that anyone voting no could be excluded from gettting future events ( Ricoh?) it might not be a good idea to put ones head above the parapet...WE HAVE by denying it.

Ron Banks

11 minutes ago, Bearman said:

No, it was our CEO who attended. He is adamant that he voted No. It is he that has contacted League Express.

The first he heard of it was when he saw the article in LE.

I would point out that as there is a threat that anyone voting no could be excluded from gettting future events ( Ricoh?) it might not be a good idea to put ones head above the parapet...WE HAVE by denying it.

Thanks. So the rumours of threats were real - although given it was a secret ballot how would they know who voted what? And to think those behind them are (supposedly) leading the game to a bright, new future.....

Ron I only copied the alleged list as it was already out there wasn't meaning to point any fingers

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

I understand Doncaster are another team that have denied voting yes.

We at Coventry have been assured by the RFL that LE could not possibly know how each team voted as the way they conducted the ballot even they do not know.

Ron Banks

29 minutes ago, Bearman said:

I understand Doncaster are another team that have denied voting yes.

We at Coventry have been assured by the RFL that LE could not possibly know how each team voted as the way they conducted the ballot even they do not know.

Of course the ballot was secret but the people casting their ballots will have presumably known which way they were voting. No club would have taken that decision in isolation.  Once two or more  people know it's not a secret anymore. Some people talk, they just can't help it.

who counted the voting papers?.... or was that done by a neutral source ?....

sounds like Turkeys voting for Christmas….

maybe they can have another vote before the super League drawbridge gets pulled up again....

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

7 hours ago, RPH said:

who counted the voting papers?.... or was that done by a neutral source ?....

sounds like Turkeys voting for Christmas….

maybe they can have another vote before the super League drawbridge gets pulled up again....

According to the RFL the ballot was conducted by a "highly respected match referee"

Ron Banks

Archived