Team for next season

Wolfe man

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

Well I know that Krzzystuff would like to keep Bussey.

He's not in the pack anymore and we know Paterson and Whiting are gone. I like Emmitt and the work he's put in this year to be a solid player for us, not making SL likely means he gets another year with the pack. I'd Sam Hopkins still with us?

I think that Ackers, Sidlow, O'Brian, Kay, MCB, Russell and Nagwati are definitely not going anywhere.

I like Wheeler and he's been great at the end but he's injury prone and I'm not sure if that will come into play. Sims is up in age so depends if he's up for another year and if there's a better option available. I'm sure he's a big leader in the locker room so I'm thinking he stays. Rawstorne has been solid as has Wallace do I'm not seeing them going but Wallace is a quota player so you never know. Beswick is a bit older and hooker is a pretty key role so he might be moved on. Dickson is also a doubt I believe and I've heard some rumblings that Brierly might be getting moved on? Hidgson has been decent but is again a doubt. McCrone will likely stay and they will add some players to better utilize him and lussick has been a bit sub par so who knows. Stanley is again in doubt, some good showings bit he's older and a quota player.

Side note 3 guys coming in are Ricky Leutele, Jon Wilkin and Joe Mellor.

http://www.totalrl.com/torontos-big-name-signings-still-heading-to-the-wolfpack-despite-super-league-heartache/

Quick disclaimer on Nagwati, he will be a TWP player but I think he's actually going the loaned out to a championship side to get game time. He needs minutes under the belt vs. Just training with some big names

11 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

He's not in the pack anymore and we know Paterson and Whiting are gone. I like Emmitt and the work he's put in this year to be a solid player for us, not making SL likely means he gets another year with the pack. I'd Sam Hopkins still with us?

I think that Ackers, Sidlow, O'Brian, Kay, MCB, Russell and Nagwati are definitely not going anywhere.

I like Wheeler and he's been great at the end but he's injury prone and I'm not sure if that will come into play. Sims is up in age so depends if he's up for another year and if there's a better option available. I'm sure he's a big leader in the locker room so I'm thinking he stays. Rawstorne has been solid as has Wallace do I'm not seeing them going but Wallace is a quota player so you never know. Beswick is a bit older and hooker is a pretty key role so he might be moved on. Dickson is also a doubt I believe and I've heard some rumblings that Brierly might be getting moved on? Hidgson has been decent but is again a doubt. McCrone will likely stay and they will add some players to better utilize him and lussick has been a bit sub par so who knows. Stanley is again in doubt, some good showings bit he's older and a quota player.

Side note 3 guys coming in are Ricky Leutele, Jon Wilkin and Joe Mellor.

http://www.totalrl.com/torontos-big-name-signings-still-heading-to-the-wolfpack-despite-super-league-heartache/

My understanding was that MCB signed with us only for the end of this season, so I think he is not tied down for 2019 at this point (I hope he returns!).

I thought I had heard that Beswick planned to retire as a player but stay on as conditioning coach. Apologies if I got that wrong.

And did you mean to say Quinn would be on loan to a League 1 team (Skolars perhaps)?

1 hour ago, John WP Fan said:

My understanding was that MCB signed with us only for the end of this season, so I think he is not tied down for 2019 at this point (I hope he returns!).

I thought I had heard that Beswick planned to retire as a player but stay on as conditioning coach. Apologies if I got that wrong.

And did you mean to say Quinn would be on loan to a League 1 team (Skolars perhaps)?

i just looked up MCB's announcement and your right it was just for the remainder of the season, wonder what will happen with him.

https://www.torontowolfpack.com/2018/08/02/mason-caton-brown-joins-pack/

their conditioning hasn't been the best and they had all those injuries at the start of the season, did they take a bit of responsibility away from Beswick and Dickson earlier in the season already or no? 

I think Quinn needs championship experience vs League 1 so i would like to see him in the champ. 

Around the hour 40 mark, maybe start at 1:35 to be safe Super Agent Craig mentioned that he was meeting Nobel this morning to discuss players and although he's Brierly's agent it seems like he was gong to listen to offers for Jy Hitchcock. he would be MCB's replacement i guess if MCB isn't long term if Jy decided to come here. he's hilarious (on the six till eight debate) and hes a great winger also, just released from Cas and had a massive hand in Bradford's wins recently.

https://audioboom.com/posts/7042676-episode-6-grand-final-preview-with-toby-george-maguire-and-john-kear-interview

3 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

i just looked up MCB's announcement and your right it was just for the remainder of the season, wonder what will happen with him.

their conditioning hasn't been the best and they had all those injuries at the start of the season, did they take a bit of responsibility away from Beswick and Dickson earlier in the season already or no? 

I think Quinn needs championship experience vs League 1 so i would like to see him in the champ. 

Krzzystuff......I think the rules preclude teams from loaning a player(s) to another team in the same Division.  Willing to be proved wrong though. 

9 minutes ago, silverback said:

if i were to pinch a twp player it would be sidlow all day long,he just gets on with the game and makes plenty of hard yards.:punish:

its why he's in my 100% safe column. He's been a machine for us forever (we ca say that because we're only two years old).

1 minute ago, Krzzystuff said:

its why he's in my 100% safe column. He's been a machine for us forever (we ca say that because we're only two years old).

i think hes kinda guy who would buy you a pint too.:popcorn:

8 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

Dickson = Dixon?

17 hours ago, westside said:

Encouraging. Wonder what additional work they are looking for at Lamport?

Go around with a power washer for a start!  and then a few licks of paint inside and out.. I also think some billboards with player pics on would be a good addition and maybe a banner.."this is Wolfpack Country"...make it a bit intimidating for visiting clubs!!  ..if the plan is to make it home for the foreseeable future then treat it that way. 

I love the place..and with all the bars and restaurants around why would you go anywhere else..

6 hours ago, NickWeaver said:

Hopefully a new scoreboard and possibly moving the field south a bit to create more room to move in the beer Garden at half time.

yeh you couldn't move in there last game without unintentionally groping somebody....

With Swinton staying up I'd be calling around to Swinton, Rochdale, and Sheffield offering them Quinn for the whole season. The reason I chose these teams is that they are all likely to be part time and close to Manchester which would allow Quinn to train with the Wolfpack on off Days. I would also try to get them to agree to a pre-season friendly as a requisite. 

2 hours ago, NickWeaver said:

With Swinton staying up I'd be calling around to Swinton, Rochdale, and Sheffield offering them Quinn for the whole season. The reason I chose these teams is that they are all likely to be part time and close to Manchester which would allow Quinn to train with the Wolfpack on off Days. I would also try to get them to agree to a pre-season friendly as a requisite. 

I wouldn’t describe Sheffield as close to Manchester.

rldfsignature.jpg

5 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

Kayakman will want some new bulbs in the game time clock.

We need those new bulbs in for the start of next season....no worries though, the Union is on it.

38 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

Fist bit of press on Brierly leaving TWP how ever I've heard some rumblings for a bit about it already. 

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/paper-talk-salford-eye-sio-and-walker-amor-for-sale-hull-kr-interested-in-brierley/

Meanwhile on Twitter:

image.png.29b4b591b288ebf9308391f10579842c.png

Rumours are London Broncos and Huddersfield Giants are interested.

Does anyone know why he missed so many games at the end of the season?

Archived