Barrow Afc

joe142

On 10/27/2018 at 8:25 PM, donald said:

Your average in 2009 would have been well over 2000 you played haven early doors and got well over 3000 for that game we averaged about 1600 that season and your crowds  were a lot higher than ours that season.

If memory serves me right our average was 2200 in 2009 excluding the Wigan game. 

Pretty sure we hit over 3000 at home to Widnes and Halifax towards the end of the season. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry rooster the word 'rubbish' was a bit strong and I take it back  I am very pleased to see the Forum being used much more and I hope that continues. I cannot get the the hang of Twitter or Facebook really and so use the Forum a great deal. I think my main complaint was comments on the salary cap and how to get round the regulations.

I do hope that supporters continue to contribute to the Forum and to air there views and supply up to to date information.

19 hours ago, RSN said:

If memory serves me right our average was 2200 in 2009 excluding the Wigan game. 

Pretty sure we hit over 3000 at home to Widnes and Halifax towards the end of the season. 

three cracking games

1 hour ago, Michael Ashton said:

Sorry rooster the word 'rubbish' was a bit strong and I take it back  I am very pleased to see the Forum being used much more and I hope that continues. I cannot get the the hang of Twitter or Facebook really and so use the Forum a great deal. I think my main complaint was comments on the salary cap and how to get round the regulations.

I do hope that supporters continue to contribute to the Forum and to air there views and supply up to to date information.

Yes agreed, its good to see the forum being used Michael. 

Dont think that's fair tec the people who update the website/twitter/facebook do so on their own time, to say they can't be bothered seems harsh. Anything of importance will make its way to the forum someway or another anyway. 

Tom Heighton

31 minutes ago, tec said:

Maybe your right I will rephrase -it’s a pity the club have made the decision not to  post official news/updates on this forum .

Greta point tec. I know Pete used to and got a lot of stick so I can understand in a way why he gave up. But hey, when your at the top you're there to be shot at. So I hope he comes back to give as good as he gets.

My view is that is a forum for fans of the Raiders to express their opinions or state their views. If something is posted on the official sites it will no doubt be raised on here but I don't see it as the clubs' job to put it on here. This forum is separate from the club and is a vehicle for supporters to air their views which at times may be at variance with what the official club viewpoint is.

You can barely blame the club for putting things on facebook rather than here. 

The Gareth Hock post got over 650 likes, 227 comments and 150 shares. I reckon the post will have been read by 30,000 people whilst on here the reach is a few hundred. 

Archived