2019 Schedule

NickWeaver

Is it because of the dome that they are away until the end of April? I don't see why the Apr 27 game would need to be away otherwise, the Arrows start their home stand on April 7th, and TFC usually starts in March. 

Interestingly there are zero conflicts between TWP/Arrows schedules. The only two weekends both are at home are April 27/28 and May 4/5, and both weeks they split it TWP Saturday and Arrows on Sunday. I wonder how intentional that was or if it was just how it worked out. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well they can just get that bloody dome down and make Swinton the home opener..snow,sleet, rain who cares? I have sufficient Wolfpack kit that can handle anything Mother Nature can throw at me. The players are as hard as nails and darn it the fine returning Swinton folks that made it over to Fletchers earlier this year deserve the full Lamport experience Plus WE Pack followers deserve as many games as can be fitted into the season! 

Calm down....everybody just calm right down.  Of course its intentional (and smart) of the Arrows to put their games on Sunday.  A little bit of planning and foresight can go along way.

They might just get the dome down for the Swinton game...patience...patience.

Has a swinton lions fan ,that really enjoyed your hospitality and city last season ,we really are hoping that we can come over again this season , we did not expect to get the chance to do so   , and has we missed playing at the Lamport Stadium , it would be a big dissapointment to do so again . 

2 hours ago, Lion heart 59 said:

Has a swinton lions fan ,that really enjoyed your hospitality and city last season ,we really are hoping that we can come over again this season , we did not expect to get the chance to do so   , and has we missed playing at the Lamport Stadium , it would be a big dissapointment to do so again . 

Don't play games with us...state the real reason you want to come back...its the free marijuana isn't it?

A quick look (not exhaustive) through some of the Winter Leagues that use Lamport, have them finishing at the latest by 18th April. Now not a scientific study of all Lamport users and probably missed loads of people who use it, but if it is not used after the 18th, could the dome be down and field made ready by the 27th?

10 hours ago, Medway Bear said:

A quick look (not exhaustive) through some of the Winter Leagues that use Lamport, have them finishing at the latest by 18th April. Now not a scientific study of all Lamport users and probably missed loads of people who use it, but if it is not used after the 18th, could the dome be down and field made ready by the 27th?

With the right amount of manpower and equipment the dome can be brought down, packed away and removed offsite in one to two days.

On 11/28/2018 at 3:54 AM, Kayakman said:

With the right amount of manpower and equipment the dome can be brought down, packed away and removed offsite in one to two days.

Someone get Mel Lastman on the phone to call the Army in to shovel snow!

The CAF stands ready to help TWP anyway we can!

1 hour ago, CanadianRugger said:

all they have to do is put a call out for fans to come and take it down, clear snow etc. A pint of piping hot mojito is sufficient reward. Plus an early start to the season of course1

1 hour ago, RobertAM said:

all they have to do is put a call out for fans to come and take it down, clear snow etc. A pint of piping hot mojito is sufficient reward. Plus an early start to the season of course1

I'm sure the fans would be happy to help carry the dome away - the question is where would they take it and would anyone ever find it again?

Given it's a city operation, you have to assume at least a week to get all the winter detritus taken away, and then another week to paint all those confusing  lines (I bet some of them aren't for any reason except it amuses the line painters to do so) and make sure they're dry.

3 hours ago, CanadianRugger said:

My best buddy is a Colonel in charge of an infantry regiment and he is a Wolfpack fan!....we'll bring the whole damn regiment down to help!

20 hours ago, Kayakman said:

My best buddy is a Colonel in charge of an infantry regiment and he is a Wolfpack fan!....we'll bring the whole damn regiment down to help!

Is he able to get in touch with any of those who played in Europe last year?  Would be good if the military Wolverines could be a more regular thing.

39 minutes ago, CanaBull said:

Is he able to get in touch with any of those who played in Europe last year?  Would be good if the military Wolverines could be a more regular thing.

Well he got back from tour not so long ago and has taken this new position.  Used to be reg force but now reserves.  

I wasn't even aware there was a RL army team...I played some Union for the army when I was in but that was long ago.   I'll mention it to him when we get together for drinks over XMas and see if he even knows there is an army team.

Is there an army RL team?

Just now, Kayakman said:

Well he got back from tour not so long ago and has taken this new position.  Used to be reg force but now reserves.  

I wasn't even aware there was a RL army team...I played some Union for the army when I was in but that was long ago.   I'll mention it to him when we get together for drinks over XMas and see if he even knows there is an army team.

Is there an army RL team?

They played a couple of games in Germany and Poland if memory serves, not sure what units were involved to be honest.  There was talk a few years ago about doing things out at BATUS; RL in the British Army was allowed to be played after 1995 and several of the army units now have teams, especially the mechanised infantry regiments, engineers, REME and artillery.  Their admin folks were keen to work something out but CRLA only had so much to go around at the time, they may be open to picking something up again though.

That could have some good knock on effects for development out in Alberta and is certainly a worthy angle to promote anyway.  I'll ask what the status is from the CRLA end if your mate might be interested in being involved.

2 hours ago, CanaBull said:

They played a couple of games in Germany and Poland if memory serves, not sure what units were involved to be honest.  There was talk a few years ago about doing things out at BATUS; RL in the British Army was allowed to be played after 1995 and several of the army units now have teams, especially the mechanised infantry regiments, engineers, REME and artillery.  Their admin folks were keen to work something out but CRLA only had so much to go around at the time, they may be open to picking something up again though.

That could have some good knock on effects for development out in Alberta and is certainly a worthy angle to promote anyway.  I'll ask what the status is from the CRLA end if your mate might be interested in being involved.

I don't speak for him...hes more of fan (I've taken him to a few games)...I will mention it though.

I'm currently a CAF Officer, 13 years in the Infantry and am now a Naval Officer.

There is no RL in the CAF.  There is a Union team in the CAF but it is in its nascent stages.  

Truth be told, such is the tempo of the CAF now that we really can't put together sports teams for anything as the military is just too busy.

Anyone that does play Rugby plays for a local union club.  

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, RobertAM said:

Bloody brilliant...!  Let's treat all the Swinton fans to the full Lamport experience...

Mentioning the MLSE in the announcement is interesting.   The beer will be flowing!

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/26/2018 at 3:07 AM, TIWIT said:

I wonder if the folks in the UK are aware that the temperature here for the first game of the season could well be -30C and the temperature for the last game of the season could well be +30C.

Then play indoors I'm sure you've got the money for an indoor pitch to play some of your games and I'm sure the league will accommodate you.

Been quiet on this board recently. One month till the season starts, so I took a look at the fixtures, here are my predictions:

1. Wolfpack
  2. Widnes
  3. Toulouse
  4. Leigh
  5. Halifax
  6. Bradford
  7. Featherstone
  8. Batley
  9. York
  10. Barrow
  11. Sheffield
  12. Dewsbury
  13. Rochdale
  14. Swinton

Now you can go place your bets.

13 hours ago, The Lad said:

Then play indoors I'm sure you've got the money for an indoor pitch to play some of your games and I'm sure the league will accommodate you.

Only three "field sports" teams in the country play indoors, and a third year team that plays in a structure that can't figure out if it wants them or not, is gonna build an indoor stadium in Toronto? ? I'll have what you're having

On 1/2/2019 at 9:14 AM, ojx said:

Been quiet on this board recently. One month till the season starts, so I took a look at the fixtures, here are my predictions:

1. Wolfpack
  2. Widnes
  3. Toulouse
  4. Leigh
  5. Halifax
  6. Bradford
  7. Featherstone
  8. Batley
  9. York
  10. Barrow
  11. Sheffield
  12. Dewsbury
  13. Rochdale
  14. Swinton

Now you can go place your bets.

I think it is going to be alot tougher to win this league than many expect....there are going to be many exciting matchups.

The 1 PM starts in Toronto are probably going to include some real hot days, which will affect some results and crowds. 

I'm looking forward to an exciting season and hopefully they will work out something on the television front.

I'm very interested in the final team roster...do we have forwards than can run on the edges of the ruck and get outside with some of the backs?...we are going to miss Paterson.

I think York and Barrow might finish a little higher than you have predicted.

The playoff format will seem really alien for North Americans, and could be a major factor. #1 to #3 can afford to lose one playoff game, so that's the first objective for the top teams. #1 gets a bye in the 1st round, winner of #1 v either #2 or 3 gets another bye in round 3. So possibly only 2 rounds to play for the top team, a total different ball game than the Qualifiers...

That being said it will be probably harder for the Wolfpack to clinch #1, so they will need discipline and a much better post season performance.

1PM could be a problem, specially for people coming from far away. From Montreal only the train can get you there on time, even by car you need to leave at 5AM to beat the Don Valley mess.

But I'm moving out of Montréal, out of Canada soon so I won't have that problem. London will become my "home" team, ironic.

I hope I'll have time and money to see some Wolfpack away games. And I definitly hope that they show all their games on a decent streaming service.

Archived