New GM

Blind side johnny

I'm surprise that this hasn't featured on here so far:

https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/former-tigers-ceo-joins-rovers-Cw7ld

"Agent Gill" moving in?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Maureen T-k said:

The Facebook comments on this subject had mixed reviews a lot of them on the negative side 

I  think we may have been better served employing a good accountant to check our books twice a year.However that ship has sailed now.As for Gill why did he leave a good job at that club the other side of Ponte park?.

2 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

I  think we may have been better served employing a good accountant to check our books twice a year.However that ship has sailed now.As for Gill why did he leave a good job at that club the other side of Ponte park?.

Going to finish up with more "suits" than players

14 hours ago, Cake Tiger said:

I thought there'd be more comment on this. Is this the only Rovers forum that gets traffic these days?

Mark Campbell is still chairman & Davide Longo's is CEO, whilst Gill's title is General Manager. I can name most of the Championship chairmen but would struggle naming many CEOs/GMs; rightly or wrongly, fans don't necessarily take massive amounts of notice of who the other staff are at the club apart from the chairman, because in all honesty lots of us probably don't really know exactly what the different off-the-field roles entail.

C.E.O usually is the one to make the decisions after the GM has supervised staff and objectives. I reckon the workload has been given another body to take the strain off Longo. He is still the top executive but now has another body to help out. Gill will report to him and he will tell Campbell of their decisions. 

Archived