Barrow away

graham fisher

If it wasn’t for Amber Ribbon putting anything on the forum you wouldn’t know we’d got a game tomorrow.

Barrow away is always a tough game as we found out last season,we are coming off back of our first league win whilst Barrow are coming off the back of a surprisingly heavy defeat at York,let’s hope we don’t feel the backlash.

If we tighten our defence and cut the silly penalties out I honestly think we can get something from the game.

Barrow 16

Rams 18

Fts Ryder 

Mom Ward

Att 1165

12 minutes ago, andyram said:

D0CwbsZWsAAAM84.jpeg

Dewsbury-Rams-Squad-600x424.jpg

Are those all real names or is it a new twist on A N Other and S O Else?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I fear the wounded animal fighting back. Barrow at home will want to show their supporters that last week was just one bad game and against us will want to prove themselves. I fon’t think the score will be anything like last year’s thrashing, but I do see defeat heading our way. We will not have improved our defence quickly enough for this match. 

Barrow 30-12 Dewsbury 

FTS: Ryder

MoM: Sykes

Att: 1077

Legs, Dews, Legs.

5 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

I fear the wounded animal fighting back. Barrow at home will want to show their supporters that last week was just one bad game and against us will want to prove themselves. I fon’t think the score will be anything like last year’s thrashing, but I do see defeat heading our way. We will not have improved our defence quickly enough for this match. 

Barrow 30-12 Dewsbury 

FTS: Ryder

MoM: Sykes

Att: 1077

A few potential changes in our squad and looks like we might get to see Andrade and more importantly Leeming. .2 centres anyone???

Along with many others I watched our display last season with a certainty that I won't be going back there again in a hurry - we always struggle in Cumbria anyway! So, naturally, we shall wend our way up there once more imbued with mild optimism but leavened with a sense of reality.

Barrow 28 - 18 Rams

Att: 995

At least it shouldn't rain.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Certainly no easy games this year with our league split into 3 factions

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Neither team should be troubling the elite this year but also shouldn't have too many palpitations about relegation either.

An enjoyable game amongst a friendly knowledgeable crowd in pleasant spring-like conditions produced a result that was ultimately fair to both sides. Bags of effort, not too much flair, a few bloopers, no foul play and a decent refereeing performance. Ultimately I was disappointed not to win but, on reflection, maybe neither side deserved to win.

I am glad that the "golden point" isn't operative in the Championship - it would have added nothing to the enjoyment of anybody and could have genuinely been a lottery.

The gate was better than expected: it looks like they use the same complex algorythms for counting fans that we do.

Cant say how anyone can make any assumptions about whos going to trouble who yet. Look at today some tight games today and this could continue all season. Everybody  was BUULING Bradford up and look what happened today. Think this could be a roller coaster season for a lot of teams.

At half time I thought Barrow, leading 12-8, would step up a gear after the break, but either felt they had won the game then, or Dewsbury decided to change their ideas. It was perhaps a mixture of those two as Dewsbury did seem to get the upper hand for good periods and Trout managed to score his second try of the game after scoring one in the first half. Sykes scored our third and at 20-12 up a drop goal I felt would seal it for us; well we tried with Brown seemingly having plenty of time to pop one over, but he missed as did Sykes and then another.

Barrow won a penalty, seemed revitalised and some determined pressure brought them their third try with about ten minutes to go,from Josh Johnston (a player we were chasing I understand). 

From a seemingly dominant position, Dewsbury now had to withstand drop goal attempts from Barrow with one more like a kick to the corner, a second attempt being knocked on in the act and a third charged down. We grabbed the ball as the hooter sounded, but we played on as though behind and needing to score  

I suppose it was a fair result from a good, foul free tussle in from of 1200+ fans, but I felt we should have won..

For me, Trout was my man of the match, but Iggy and Walshaw also played well with some good tackling. Field and Leeming have yet to win me over though..

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Watched the highlights and boy, you’ve got to laugh at the attempted drop goal by Brown.  ???

Think my granny might have got it over from where he was and the non existent pressure from Barrow players.  

Hard to tell from the highlights too but did their player get the ball down for try number one before it went dead??  Looked v tight to say the least.  Ref was well placed mind. 

2 hours ago, NickD said:

Watched the highlights and boy, you’ve got to laugh at the attempted drop goal by Brown.  ???

Think my granny might have got it over from where he was and the non existent pressure from Barrow players.  

Hard to tell from the highlights too but did their player get the ball down for try number one before it went dead??  Looked v tight to say the least.  Ref was well placed mind. 

I guess that the highlights don't include their attempted DG do they? It would have hit the corner flag if it had got that far.

Archived