Cash injection into Super League?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

No , it's rubbish 

If they get to a standard where their games can pull n reasonable sized paying crowds why should they not be paid.

Didn't the RFU once say it was unreasonable to have semi-pro players.

Go and sit in the dunces corner at Twickers.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

26 minutes ago, Padge said:

If they get to a standard where their games can pull n reasonable sized paying crowds why should they not be paid.

Didn't the RFU once say it was unreasonable to have semi-pro players.

Go and sit in the dunces corner at Twickers.

If 

You not at Wakey tonight ?

23 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

If 

You not at Wakey tonight ?

Mobile tech not reached Leigh yet, maybe it will follow the Iron Horse on Iron Roads.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 minute ago, Padge said:

Mobile tech not reached Leigh yet, maybe it will follow the Iron Horse on Iron Roads.

Must have been exciting if you were more interested in arguing with a Leyther ont internet , or had you already ' walked ' with the rest ?

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

Must have been exciting if you were more interested in arguing with a Leyther ont internet , or had you already ' walked ' with the rest ?

It wer ######, no let's be more precise, Wigan were ######, Wakefield played what was in front and took advantage.

Which Super League game as a supporter did you attend today or will be attending this weekend ?

6 minutes ago, Padge said:

It wer ######, no let's be more precise, Wigan were ######, Wakefield played what was in front and took advantage.

Which Super League game as a supporter did you attend today or will be attending this weekend ?

I was over at Hull last night , a most enjoyable game that we nearly and could have won , so seen my game for this weekend 

TWP announced afex as their currency partner an ongoing partnership

interestingly it was plastered all over saints socks tonight and their plastic interview board 

As I understand afex they are bloody huge with a presence in most money markets globally offices in Manchester and Dublin as well as Toronto 

they sponsor ru clubs soccer clubs and the rabbitohs as well as na sports teams 

I reckon they may be looking at the transatlantic angle and have sponsored the world club challenge in the last 2015 or 2016 I think 

Might be them or an associate 

AFEX have previously sponsored the Rabbitohs as well in the NRL, so they have definitely been moving around Rugby League for a few years now.

GBP 1.8m is a significant chunk of money for a brand to invest, I wonder what the game is giving in exchange as a lot of the obvious sponsor spots have been taken (Naming Rights - Betfred, Referees - Ronseal & Patient Claim Line, Ball - Steeden & Betfred, Magic Weekend - Dacia, Video Ref - Patient Claim Line, Official Peas Partner - Mushy Peas)

Maybe they'll do something similar to Heinz a few years ago and give a spot on all the team kits, although do all the clubs have a spare spot?

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

Archived