Lack of respect for referees.

8 hours ago, dkw said:

I've always felt refs taking them back 12 yards is there way of managing a defence that is obviously offside early in a game, I don't mind it but some fans don't realise it and just see a team always a couple of yards offside. 

I have a mate who is a grade 1 referee.

He says that he sometimes goes back to 12 to enable him to get a bigger picture of what's going on at the play the ball and with the defensive line, he trusts his touchjudge's to advise him of offisde players etc.

Fans don't see that though they think the defensive line is all offside, and yet the fans say the officials don't know the rules!

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, meast said:

I have a mate who is a grade 1 referee.

He says that he sometimes goes back to 12 to enable him to get a bigger picture of what's going on at the play the ball and with the defensive line, he trusts his touchjudge's to advise him of offisde players etc.

Fans don't see that though they think the defensive line is all offside, and yet the fans say the officials don't know the rules!

Does the rule say the ref has to take them back 10, or does it state the players can't be within 10? If its the latter then a ref taking them back is doing nothing wrong. 

Archived