Fri 7th June : SL : Castleford Tigers v Huddersfield Giants KO 7:45pm

Who will win?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Huddersfield Giants

Far from a thriller.  But a relieving win in the end.

Watts very impressive again Cas.  

Odd use of interchanges Mitch Clark made a 5 minute cameo before appearing to get the shepherd's crook - wouldn't be surprised to see his move to Wigan happen sooner rather than later.   DP never seemed to trust Gadwin Springer in tight games and seems to have a similar opinion of Clark.

On 06/06/2019 at 19:21, daz39 said:

Giants will have too much for a faltering and rudderless Cas side and Powell to have a whinge how they should be beating the likes of Huddersfield.....giants by 12 and Cas fans to boo their team ?

nearly right i suppose

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Well, that was fun!

Both teams contrived to throw that away, none more so than the Giants, 6 points up with 5 to play, Give away a ridiculous penalty, Cas out on their feet and we stand and watch Millington somehow touch down for a leveller, we then give Cas 4 chances to fire the winning point, which they were only too happy to accept.

44 minutes ago, meast said:

Well, that was fun!

Both teams contrived to throw that away, none more so than the Giants, 6 points up with 5 to play, Give away a ridiculous penalty, Cas out on their feet and we stand and watch Millington somehow touch down for a leveller, we then give Cas 4 chances to fire the winning point, which they were only too happy to accept.

That's three losses by a point this season Martin, as you no doubt know. Whether that's attributable to having a young and inexperienced team, I don't know....  Plenty to work on.

5 hours ago, Loiner said:

You would have thought Castleford had won the cup by there celebrations at the end.

terrible wasn't it - they should have been apologising to Huddersfield for winning in such a dramatic way

I thought it was only Powell that moaned? You are unreal!! ?

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

7 hours ago, meast said:

Well, that was fun!

Just on the penalty, was it the one where the Hudds dummy half threw the ball into the Cas player?

If so, massive respect to Thaler for penalising it, it would have been so easy to give the penalty to Hudds. It was blatant cheating and deserved to be penalised. This is not having a go at Hudds, all teams have done it, including Cas. It will soon be eradicated if refs take this stance.

FWIW also think Hudds deserved something from the game.

Nothing wrong in celabrating a golden point win.

In all 3 games where we have lost by one point we have neen leading with minutes to go. Need to learn how to close games out.

Haven't refs been told to give a pen for deliberately throwing the ball into the opposition? For being against spirit of the game.

Should have binned him aswell.

3 hours ago, Davc1h said:

Just on the penalty, was it the one where the Hudds dummy half threw the ball into the Cas player?

If so, massive respect to Thaler for penalising it, it would have been so easy to give the penalty to Hudds. It was blatant cheating and deserved to be penalised. This is not having a go at Hudds, all teams have done it, including Cas. It will soon be eradicated if refs take this stance.

FWIW also think Hudds deserved something from the game.

Yes, Kruise Leeming, he did it at Wakefield earlier in the season and we got a penalty for it, I said then it was shameful, and to think he thought he could get away with it now the rules have changed was just plain barmy!

I would be embarrassed if we had won a game with penalty for that kind of thing.

Thank God it's almost stopped now, ironically, because of the storm around Shenton doing it in Perpignan.

On 08/06/2019 at 14:25, Kenilworth Tiger said:

terrible wasn't it - they should have been apologising to Huddersfield for winning in such a dramatic way

I thought it was only Powell that moaned? You are unreal!! ?

I wasn't moaning about anything, obviously the irony is lost on you. I was mearly mimicking Powell after Leeds game.

Archived